Brookdale Santa Catalina

7500 North Calle Sin Envidia, Tucson, AZ, 85718

Reviews of Brookdale Santa Catalina

Caring108358050 June 18, 2015

I visited Brookdale Santa Catalina (Formerly Santa Catalina Villas). It was very beautiful, just expensive for us. The apartments were very nice and had a nice view. The staff that toured us around was very pleasant and knowledgeable. It was quiet and peaceful.

Val9 April 03, 2015

We liked Santa Catalina Villas very much, but it was far from them. It doesn't have shopping nearby. There were a lot bigger distances between the rooms and the dining area. I thought that's a detriment. They needed to be close by.

However, the environment was very nice. It was open and beautiful. People were kind, and the residents were around and seemed happy there. They had many activities. They had many options and different things you could be a part of. The rooms were more spacious and felt not so crowded in. I liked that better.

Caring99158250 December 22, 2014

Santa Catalina Villas had beautiful surroundings. The food was very good, and people were friendly. It was a nice facility, and the staff was very nice. The ones we've met were very nice and very helpful. There were all of the usual activities like swimming, yoga, and taichi, and they take you out to different places and buses to doctors and stores. I liked the area that it was in, and the food was very good.

bbob1224 July 09, 2014

I cannot believe the terrible condition that my poor grandparents have to suffer through. They were sold on this property as a nice place to retire to and after a few months are plagued with maintenance problems. The property manager the worst manager that I have ever had to deal with. He told my grandparents that it was their stupid decision to live here and that they are stuck with the condition of the apartment that they choose. I cannot believe that this place would keep a manager around that treats people like this. Do not let your grandparents stay here if you care about them!

Caring84555050 June 10, 2014

Santa Catalina is in the foothills, so you have a variation in unit height. It has a very interesting skyline when you walk through it. The staff was very nice. I had lunch there, and the food was excellent. The interaction between the staff and the residents seemed to be good. The rooms are not that big, though.

Caring74323750 January 31, 2014

The location of Santa Catalina is a gorgeous location here in Tucson. Tucson is really an ugly town but their location is in a very exclusive area surrounded by very expensive homes but the interior of the place is not that great. I was treated very badly at Santa Catalina Villas and although it's a very, very beautiful place, I would no way go there with the treatment I received. They did show me one apartment but it did not impress me as much.

For such a beautiful place, they certainly are poorly staffed. They sent me an invitation to three of their affairs. When I called and inquired as to why they claimed they had sent me one when I never received it, they sent it to the wrong address. The affair that I was invited to, we sat around the pool. The residents showed me the dining room, the activities room and the exercise room. The marketing people, the people who are supposed to talk you into moving in treated me like they didn't like my looks or something. I wouldn't dare recommend that place. It's a horrible place to live.

We are very sorry to hear that you felt that you were not treated well when you visited Santa Catalina Villas. Our goal is to help individuals and families find customized senior living solutions for all the places those families want life to go. We apologize for disappointing you and would like very much for you to give us another opportunity to help you. We hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

Bob44 November 27, 2013

The things that impressed be about Santa Catalina Villas were the knowledge of the people there and the fact that most of the staff had been there a very long time. The facility was very clean. The eating facilities were good and it looked like they did a better job of helping with people more readily. I saw a lot of employees.

Maria19 September 14, 2013

This facility has a great deal to offer. I liked the Santa Catalina Villas very much.

Janice9 June 19, 2013

Santa Catalina Villas was a very nice facility. The atmosphere was super. Their apartments were very nice and the staff were very nice too. I liked everything about the place. The only thing that I did not like was that in order to get to the dining area you have to go outside. I don't like that because the weather is sometimes very hot and I wouldn't take too kindly for having to walk to the dining area from where my apartment was.

reviewer1234 August 28, 2012

We were very pleased with the Santa Catalina Villas assisted living community. The staff is extremely helpful, courteous, and pleasant. They are very welcoming during a very difficult time. The grounds are beautiful, located in the heart of Tucson's Santa Catalina mountains. It's a gated community, which is great for security, though this area of town is very nice so that shouldn't be a concern. They have plenty of amenities, and high quality amenities at that. The therapy center seems innovative and organized. They take pride in their "restaurant quality" food, made with fresh and healthy ingredients. They have special menus for special diets. The room floor plans can be a little small in terms of living space, but that can be ok too. They do have larger rooms, as well as very large multiple bedroom apartments. Everything seems clean and nice. Overall, this assisted living facility seems to be a decent choice.

Libby1 June 25, 2012

The staff was very friendly towards the residents. Staff was familiar with them through names and was always offering assistance in any way. The menu offered to the residents was colorful and healthy. A wide variety of options were offered as well as substitute options. If a resident has a problem with a food item, it was no problem to accommodate them. As a dessert the residents were offered various items like ice cream, fruit cups, or sponge cake. Many residents enjoyed lunch with visiting family members and friends in a clean and welcoming environment. The kitchen was very clean and staff kept up to date with their Serv safe practices. Hand washing was practiced by all, and hairnets and gloves were seen on every staff member who was handling food. The food was prepared fresh daily and served to the residents personally. Residents were able to choose the items they wanted from a menu. A variety of fruit drinks were offered as beverages, as well as enhanced beverages like fiber enhanced prune juice.

From Brookdale Santa Catalina

Brookdale Santa Catalina provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Tucson, AZ community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Brookdale Santa Catalina can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimun Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimun Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimun Life®, the mission of Brookdale Santa Catalina is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Tucson, AZ community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Brookdale Santa Catalina