Brookdale East Tucson

Reviews of Brookdale East Tucson

Overview of Ratings

4.5

April 11, 2014

The people over at Sterling House seemed happy. The rooms were nice. I thought everything was good. The staff was good. They can go inside the patio. They also had a TV room and a little library. For me, it was the location and the security because it's a big, round circle. Everything was safe. People can't come in, people can't go out. There is a nursing home across the street. It's in a nice, little location. I like the place. We didn't have any bad experience or anything negative.

March 28, 2014

By M.I.H

I really enjoy the people at Brookdale Sterling house East Speedway. It's always clean and residents are happy. They have activities for residents.

March 28, 2014

By Karen88759150

Mother has always received wonderful care for the 7 years she has been at Sterling House. Everyone here have been outstanding.

March 21, 2014

By Francy1

The service is very good. All the people working here are patient and loving with residents. Thank you for your service and understanding.

January 08, 2014

By Emmee

My mother has lived at Sterling House for several years now. I have many good things to say about this facility. The staff is friendly, helpful, and caring. My mother likes the food there. (They have frequent meetings for the residents to be able to talk to the cooks about their likes and dislikes. The cooks are good about paying attention to the resident's needs and likes.) The facility is beautiful and clean with nice spacious halls and community areas. (And it smells good when you walk in!) They have an activity schedule that changes weekly. It is a nice size facility- not too many residents and not too small. I think they have 40-something residents there. The only thing I would like differently is to have a few more parking places. Overall, my mother and I are both very satisfied with Sterling House.

November 27, 2013

I enjoyed my visit at the Sterling House. It was very pleasant. It looked like the people were caring and pleasant. The rooms were small but adequate. I know that they had games and crafts, but I didn't had a change see them. However, I thought it was a little more than what my mother needed.

September 06, 2013

By rpmgrace

My mother has been living as Sterling House on Speedway in Tucson for three months. Before this, my husband's mother lived here for over two years. We visit twice a week. The facility is clean and well attended. We have found the caregivers to be thoughtful, compassionate, and honest in all ways. This is a happy place to live with many activities and multiple choices. My mother gets a shower twice a week, good meals three times a day, many daily activities to attend, and a safe, private room. She has taken physical therapy at Sterling House which is improving her walk; she spends a great deal of time walking around the facility, stronger and happier. Thanks to all the caregivers and residents at the eastside Sterling House in Tucson.

August 10, 2013

By MaryEllen1

We went to Sterling House on East Speedway and the facility was really nice. We had lunch there and the food was good. The staff was very nice, but we are not ready for that yet.

June 14, 2013

By Betty25

Sterling House on East Speedway is a very nice facility. It's a fairly large facility. She got a pretty good size room. The staff are very nice. I have a very good feeling with the people that worked there. They are always available and they keep track things for me. They would always let me know what is going on and call me if they need me for something. The food seems to be soothing her free will. My friend is somebody who needs special kind of food because she is allergic to all milk content products and she manages to get down all her meals three times a day. I think she has adjusted every well and that would be because of the way I think they help her and takes care of her. They seemed to be there to meet her needs very well.

May 25, 2012

By Physical Therapy

This is a fairly new facility, it was clean and had lots of areas or separate rooms for people to gather. I saw a nice pool, a small café or coffee bar in the lobby too. The rooms came in different sizes but the sizes were just adequate. The staff was really helpful, accommodating and friendly. They facilitated activities for their residents like different exercises, movie nights, virtual exercises and provides transportation as well. This place is really nice, I can't think of anything more for this place to improve.

May 10, 2012

By mairzeydoats

Superior physical plant, e.g. cheerful sunny brightly lit wide hallways, physical therapy room/whirlpool on site, services of a geriatric nurse practitioner available if desired, well-designed floor plans, well-staffed professionally with caring compassionate personnel attentive to the residents' needs/care/ and life-enhancing activities. Close cooperation with relatives of residents.

September 27, 2011

By caregiver222

The Sterling House on east speedway could take a bit of common-sense advice. I noticed that when the cleaning staff would make their rounds, they would use the same mop and water for several rooms. I have seen hospitals use large "Swiffer" type wet mops with easily removable rectangular mop cloths, and use only one per room in each ward. That way, they could control the possible spread of microbes on the floor. It would at least be safer if they used a steam mop, in my opinion. The menu could use a little revamping, as it had the same fare for breakfast whenever I would visit, and the lunch and dinner meals were rather unspectacular as well. I noticed a tiny break room for the help, and though there was a designated smoking area far from the building, I noticed a staff nurse smoking on the patio just outside the dining room door. They have games and other activities, as well as a paid singer who visits regularly, and tours around town when the weather permits. There is a central courtyard with few amenities-no pool or hot tub, just a few chairs and tables. They do have some nice artwork on their walls, and a Wii video game console in the activity room, where they have regular ice-cream socials, and movies. It is not exactly a bad place to live, and I noticed a lot of healthy happy residents, but I have seen better.

Thank you for your review of our community. Since your visit back in 2011, there have been numerous changes. I started as the Executive Director in March 2012. Since starting my role, the community common areas and resident rooms are kept clean and tidy. As far as the caregiver smoking outside the dining room , this is actually a caregiver that was hired by a particular family member and we have addressed this issue with the particular agency. The menu for breakfast was changed on a regular basis per Brookdale policy, however, we always offered eggs and an accompanying meat plus toast and fruit to those who chose this instead of the pancakes, French toast, etc. The cereal, either hot or cold, was an additional part of the breakfast. Also, we customize the breakfast offerings dependent on the individual preferences of the residents. Some of our residents have very specific breakfast routines and we do our best to honor their preferences. The courtyard is enclosed and lush now and is safe for wandering residents who enjoy it daily. We have multiple entertainers that visit the community including singers, dancers and classical piano players. Our management team has an open door policy and families are welcome to bring suggestions and ideas to better the quality of life our residents. We have a wonderful team that is dedicated to serve our residents. We feel that the necessary changes have been made and many families see the positive changes. Most of the year, we have been 100% occupied and we often work from a small wait list. I want to personally invite you back to the community to have lunch so we can go over the changes we have made and seek an opportunity to update your review.

Let Us Search For You

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 8

• Licenses: DIrected Care Licensure
    • State Licenses: AL2150C

About Brookdale East Tucson

Brookdale East Tucson provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale East Tucson