Northlake Gardens

1300 Montreal Road, Tucker, GA, 30084

Reviews of Northlake Gardens

Marilyn35 December 18, 2014

Both of my parents are at Northlake Gardens. The staff is excellent, the care is excellent, and we are very happy. They do bingo pretty much everyday, little children come in and sing and entertain them,and a lot of outside people come in and play music or host games and things like that, so it is very social. They try to reach the entire family, and everybody knows you by name. They are very personable and very homey, and they do everything that they can to make it as comfortable living as possible for the residents. It's very clean, very safe, and very friendly. They are very open to constructive criticisms, so we have been able to work on anything that we saw was a shortcoming; very accommodating. They are open to suggestions. I can't think of any other community I would want my parents.

Qwillpen March 20, 2014

Truly a wonderful place. My father has been there for a year and they take great care of him. The staff is warm and always willing to help. They are a great team and their leader, Charles James, is exceptional. I have never had a problem that he was not right on top of immediately. However, there have so rarely been any problems and they are always so minor, I know he runs a smooth ship. The rooms are comfortable, the lounge well appointed, the garden is beautiful, and the social activities are plentiful.

Dchad404 September 27, 2013

Mom & dad are both there and the staff is so loving and friendly. Mom has Alzheimer's and dad needed some assistance after being in the hospital and PT for over 9 weeks. He continued his PT after he arrived and soon may be able to go home. They have a family dinner once a month and tonight it was Italian night. Thank you to all of the staff at Northlake Gardens, you all have helped mom & dad adjust and kept us informed of everything going on.

Michelle Withrow September 18, 2013

As a Master Social Worker and Community Relations Liaison for Senior Helpers Home Care, I am in and out of assisted living facilities every day. II have had the blessing of providing some training to the staff on Alzheimers and Dementia. I must say that the staff seem very dedicated and loving! Additionally the Executive Director, Charles was very impressive as I observed how he ran the staff meeting with unusually great skill. I truly believe it takes a good leader in a community for the staff and residents to thrive and I believe this community has a strong leader! I also enjoy working with Paula, Connie, Nellie, Sabrina and other professionals on site. They love their job and it shows :)

Steven7 September 05, 2013

My mother is a resident at Northlake Gardens. The staff there is great. They take good care of my mom. I have peace of mind knowing she is good hands

Carlin August 27, 2013

I choose Northlake Gardens for my stepmother because we feel very welcomed there. It is well kept, clean and it has a huge garden area. It feels like the right fit. The staff is excellent. The person who interviewed me is wonderful. She's bright and she knows everybody's name. They do a lot with the community. The Tucker High School holds their prom there and crowns a 100-year-old queen and 101-year-old king. They play bingo and they go out. They have exercises and devotions. The food is pretty good and I recommend it to others.

Happy Relative July 31, 2013

My mom moved into Northlake Gardens in June 2013 and is very happy. The facility is very "homey", clean, and comfortable. And, the staff is fantastic - polite, caring, responsible, and responsive.

Very happy camper July 31, 2013

excellent care and family - oriented My dad loves it there He was placed there after rehab from a brain bleed Mom going into bridge to recovery since she has Alzheimer's Very comfortable and caring Charles J., the executive director does an excellent job running things and everyone seems Everyone seems glad to be working there Sincerely, Vivian Brown

JamesM1 May 02, 2013

The people at Northlake Gardens are wonderful! They care about their residents and try to fulfill all their needs. My mother is a resident in the Bridge to Discovery Unit (Alzheimer's) and had to go to the hospital with complications and the management went to visit her with flowers and a card, you will not not find another place that will go that extra, caring mile.The staff and management work well with the residents families and caregivers to find the best options and solutions. I am very pleased with the relationship my family has had with Northlake Gardens Assisted Living.

Becky H April 16, 2013

I moved my extremely independent father into Northlake Gardens in Feburary (2013). From my first visit, Charlotte at the front desk made me feel warm and welcome. She walked me through the beautiful gardens suggesting that my father (an avid gardner and outdoorsman) might enjoy planting and watering. The garden has become my father's favorite spot. The staff at Northlake is loving, gentle and patient. When you move a parent into assisted living for the first time, you have no benchmarks. You don't know if they are doing well or if they are struggling because sometimes, they can't tell you or they don't know themselves. The Northlake staff has helped me so much in that area - suggesting other doctors when necessary and providing updates on how my dad is doing as he transitions from one home to his new one. There is a sign on the wall above the second floor elevator that reads "Love is Spoken Here"...that pretty much says it all.

nedflanders April 05, 2012

I have not had a lot of experience with assisted living facilities. This facility seems to be on par with most. It is not exceptional, but the staff does there job. It does cost quite a bit to keep a relative in this facility. This is the case for most facilities such as this though. It could use better food for the residents.

one life September 22, 2011

I really like the fact that they have a wide range of activites for the residents however most of them are indoors. I myself would prefer more outdoor activitcty. Luckily when I did visit they had diffrent games they were playing such as musical chairs, tic tac toe and some very interesting yoga classes they staff let my parent participate in.

cecilia1 September 06, 2011

When i came here i mostly saw the seniors eating lunch or either watching tv, some of the staff was watching tv also but other than that very organized and well put together they had many activities going on but as mentioned before mostly everyone was enjoying the tv.

brianna2011 August 09, 2011

My grandfather attends this facility everyone was kind and very concerned with the residents.This place was very clean and professional. I saw residents playing bingo and watching television. Some residents were doing outside walking.

From Northlake Gardens

Located in Tucker, Ga., Northlake Gardens provides assisted living and memory care services as well as short-term stays for seniors. The community is owned and operated by Five Star Quality Care, Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider with more than 260 communities nationwide.

Costs are determined by the length and level of services provided, and residents of Northlake Gardens pay on a month-to-month basis. There is a 30-day required move-out notice, and residents have complete access to the community’s facilities and amenities throughout the duration of their stay.

FACILITIES

Residents of Northlake Gardens in Tucker, Ga., live in private apartments that range in size from 250 to 520 square feet. Living spaces are designed to allow residents to live as independently as possible. They are equipped with kitchenettes, keyed entry and LifeAlert and Lifeline systems.

The community is furnished and decorated in a warm and welcoming manner and is designed to be a comfortable place for residents to enjoy time with friends, family and pets. The community's exterior grounds include a garden, a covered patio and walking paths through a secured neighborhood.

AMENITIES

Amenities include an on-site beauty salon, game room, library, wireless Internet, housekeeping and laundry services. Residents also have round-the-clock access to on-site staff that provides personal and memory care services and arranges activities and transportation.

Five Star Quality Care prides itself on offering a menu that is as delicious as it is nutritious. The Northlake Gardens menu takes advantage of regional food sources and is served in a communal dining room, where visiting friends and family are welcome to join residents for meals. There is also a private dining room available for residents who want to host their loved ones during special occasions and celebrations.

CARE AND HEALTHY ACTIVITIES

Northlake Gardens provides residents with care and services designed to allow them to live as independently as possible, including personal care for those who need help with daily activities and memory care for residents with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Residents who need personal care services receive help with daily tasks such as bathing, dressing, managing their medication and getting around the community.

Residents with Alzheimer’s and other cognitive impairments receive constant care through the community’s Bridge to Rediscovery program. It’s a Montessori-based approach to memory care that focuses on helping keep residents engaged in their community as well as with friends and family. It uses repetition to help residents maintain and build skills and capabilities. The program has been recognized by the Assisted Living Federation of America with a “Best of the Best Award” for its effectiveness and attention it provides to every resident.

Residents with specialized or acute healthcare needs have access to regular wellness checks and in-house doctor visits as well as several nearby hospitals and clinics, including Northlake Medical Center, which offers a full range of services including heart care, cancer care and orthopedic care. Northlake Gardens staff works closely with area hospitals and clinics to schedule appointments and arrange transportation for residents.

ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS

Northlake Gardens offers its residents an array of opportunities to socialize, learn and enjoy nearby attractions. Events and activities include educational classes on downsizing, topical healthcare issues such as recognizing the signs of Alzheimer’s and spirituality.

Chili cook-offs, exercise classes, board game competitions and book clubs also held on a regular basis. In-house religious services are offered weekly. For residents who are able and interested, staff members arrange trips to local attractions including nearby restaurants, shops and entertainment venues such as movie theaters and local parks.

Features of Northlake Gardens