Middlebrook Farms at Trumbull

Overview of Ratings

4.2

May 16, 2013

By Mark12

I think Middlebrook Farms is fine. My in-laws are there. The place is clean. The people are friendly, accommodating, and they've been very nice so far. I would surely recommend this facility.

April 14, 2013

By Andrea6

The people at Middlebrook Farms are very warm and welcoming. The whole experience was really great. There is really nothing that they could have done better. They tried their best to convince my mother to go. But she's just not ready.

September 20, 2012

By Rest

MiddleBrook Farms is a wonderful facility. Everyone I came in contact with here were nothing short of friendly and courteous. They had great activities for their residence to participate in and made it easy for everyone to become friendly with each other which I think is an imporant factor for people who live there. They also had emergency buttons around the facility which I felt was great that they made those very easy to find for the residence. I would highly recommend MiddleBrook to someone who is looking for an assisted living for themselves loved one. My grandmother and all of her friends who I met there were very happy there and it wasn't hard to see why.

January 27, 2012

By supersavy

Wrong meds, wrong times or no med's at all. Health Department has been there 2 times this month.The building is quarantined! Residents are told to stay in their rooms and are given cold food made in the closed kitchen. They treat residents like children and play hangman as activity. Outings are to Target and Stop and Shop.They make promises but do not keep them. Staff are all off same day and no-one is in charge. Items are missing from apartment and staff just walks in.

We are very sorry for the experiences you've had at Middlebrook Farms. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care the residents receive, is extremely important to us.

Although we employ the strictest standards of sanitation, occasionally communities such as assisted living residences experience the unfortunate arrival of the Norovirus, often referred to as The Dreaded Cruise Ship Disease because of its frequent appearance in such places. In order to protect the residents and stop the spread of this highly infectious, yet easily transmitted virus, it is in the best interest of everyone involved to follow our protocol of containment and disinfection of every surface. During this time (usually 24-48 hours), we do unfortunately have to close the public eating areas and lobby restrooms as the virus can be spread by the simple touching of a door knob. It is our standard and goal to eliminate this virus as quickly and efficiently as possible with as little disruption to the residents as possible.

In regards to the staffing issues, we regularly evaluate and re-evaluate staff performance, attitudes, and methodologies through ongoing reviews, action plans, and education.

Again, we are sorry for any negative experiences you had. Please come back and visit us again, as we strive to make improvements a part of our daily commitment to the residents.

Photos of Middlebrook Farms at Trumbull

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Licenses: ALSA

About Middlebrook Farms at Trumbull

Middlebrook Farms at Trumbull is nestled in a quiet, residential neighborhood within the charming town of Trumbull, Connecticut. We're conveniently located near shops and amenities and just a short distance from the theater as well as Sacred Heart and Fairfield Universities. Our superb location complements the quality of life found within our community. Residents enjoy a carefree lifestyle where they feel secure and comfortable. They relish in the quiet of our library, take strolls along our beautiful walking paths, and enjoy refreshments in our very own ice cream parlor. With all this, plus a wide variety of health and wellness amenities, our residents are active, social, and fulfilled!

Middlebrook Farms at Trumbull offers assisted living and the Harbor Program for the Memory Impaired.

Located in a quiet, residential area, set back from the road. Settled on a 3.5 acre wildlife habit preserve with beautiful walking trails and gardens.

Map of Middlebrook Farms at Trumbull