Brookdale Troy

81 South Stanfield Road, Troy, OH, 45373

Reviews of Brookdale Troy

xomiax December 21, 2012

The staff were nice, seemingly hands off. The amenities were pretty pleniful. There is alot of space for people to walk and hang out. There is a tv room, parking areas, and a decent sized lawn. All of the hallways have rails, which I think is a necessity because some people need them to walk. There are lots of residents, but it does not seem crowded. One of the really nice things is that it appears they can deck out their rooms how ever they like. The rooms are long but not too narrow. I did not see many computers. Over all it seemed to be a decent facility. I think we would choose it again if we were presented with the choice.However what I will say is the meals do not taste as well as I would think a facility like this would serve. They were pretty bland, however filling.

BHomesTroy August 21, 2012

I was feeling unsure about the possibility of transferring my grandmother to an assisted living facility, but a tour of Sterling house really set my mind at ease. The space was not only clean but pleasant to look at- I would say elegant because of all the decorations. It looked much less like a hospital than I had imagined. Not only that, the residents seemed to be well-cared-for and awake and active. I know my grandmother might not be the easiest person to get along with, but the staff seemed to be handling the residents there with ease. I would say involvement was also important at this home, as I saw staff working with residents on a number of hobbies and pursuits, instead of just watching TV. I was overall very impressed with the facility and feel comfortable having my Grandmother live there.

KelSimp83 June 23, 2012

The staff at this facility are wonderful to work with. They ensure that my grandmother is well taken care of, and it almost feels like she is part of their family, as these days she is more comfortable with the nurses there on a daily basis than her own family. The facility is constantly clean, with plenty of stuff for the residents and their guests to do. Our favorite is putting together puzzles, for childhood memories with our grandmother. They have a Wii to help residents with their coordination, and are constantly interactive with their residents.

satc June 21, 2012

Spacious, home like atmosphere; staff very hospitable; my mother would choose this facility when she is ready to move to assisted care.

LauraLee1 September 29, 2011

I feel that the staff went up and above in helping my friend get adjusted. They would always be there for her when she needed them - without question. To be honest she was probably not always easy to deal with but they always treated her with respect. When I would visit I would always take notice of how happy the residents were. The dining facilities were very inviting. The chairs were better than what most people had in their homes. The facilities were very clean and tidy in all the common areas. The grounds were very well kept. I never noticed a mess of any kind which was very important to me because my friend had to, at times, use a walker. I knew she was safe at this facility which allowed me to have peace of mind in knowing she was safe and cared for. They also allowed her to have her puppy with her which I also thought was very accommodating.

From Brookdale Troy

Brookdale Troy provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Troy

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, 24 hr secured buildings

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Minimum age: 65

• Licenses: Licensed by the Ohio Dept of Health

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Troy