American House Troy Senior Living

2300 Grand Haven Drive, Troy, MI, 48083

Reviews of American House Troy Senior Living

Janice39 May 30, 2014

When we visited American House, the staff was fine. The food was good. The dining room and the rooms were nice. The facility seemed clean enough. However, it was not what we needed, and it was too expensive.

Thank you for leaving your feedback, Janice! Please keep in mind that our services are provided on an a la carte basis, so residents are only paying for services they really need. If your needs change, feel free to call me personally and I'd be happy to help you see if we can step in.

Linda74939950 December 13, 2013

We chose American House (Troy Senior Living) because it seems quite nice. The people were nice. The things that they were offering seemed to fit for our aunt. The staff were very nice, helpful, and informative. They take the seniors out on shopping trips and field fields. They also have bingo and cards and they play Wii. The residents are very active and we thought that would be good. The food seems excellent and she enjoys it. They told us that they have a particular chef who prepares it. It worked out so far very well.

Thanks for leaving such a thoughtful review, Linda! We are glad things are working out well for your aunt. We do have quite a few amenities, activities and services and our staff works hard to make American House Troy a true community. We also take pride in our food, so thanks for noticing! If you have any further questions, please call me directly or stop by anytime.

Sincerely, Debbie Smith Executive Director (248) 589-3555

Caring71253350 October 15, 2013

Mom stayed for five days at American House. It was an absolutely beautiful facility and they had good food.

Thanks for leaving your kind feedback! We're glad you enjoyed your respite stay and I hope you're feeling better. I will tell our chefs and kitchen staff that you liked the food - they'll appreciate hearing that.

K2 October 15, 2013

The residents of American House Troy were very active, much more so that what we found in other facilities. It's a very nice facility. My dad has his own apartment. They have a lot of activities to keep everybody busy,they provide transportation a couple times a week to local shopping centers. The medical staff just seems very nice, very friendly, and they have some kind of an ala-carte system. It's really an independent living place, but we are able to purchase the services that we need for my dad to be taken care of. We are very happy with it and it's close by to all of us, which was a big requirement. It needed to be able to take animals and this place just meets all of our needs. There had been some things that we've not been happy with, but they are kind of minor.

You're certainly correct, K2, we try our hardest to schedule all sorts of activities to interest all our residents and provide many opportunities for socialization! And we find that our residents and their loved ones appreciate that we offer an a la carte system so residents aren’t paying for things they don't need. If you would like to stop by my office, I'd be happy to address your minor concerns with you. My door is always open.

Jean13 March 28, 2013

My mom is at American House and it's very good. It is close to home and it has all the amenities that we were looking for. It has a nice atmosphere. The staff tries to include everybody. Things are going very well. I would recommend them.

Thanks for your feedback Jean13! I'm thrilled to hear that your mom is enjoying it here, and glad that you would recommend us to others. If you or your mom ever need anything, please don't hesitate to stop by my office or give me a call.

Sincerely, Debbie Smith Executive Director 248-589-3555

James21 March 22, 2013

When I visited American HouseTroy Senior Living, there was an on-going renovation. I was not able to get a good look at the place. The rooms and staff were good. I was able to look at their menu and it was just right.

James21, thanks for leaving your nice thoughts about our community! Thanks for your patience during our renovations - you caught us making improvements to give our residents the best of the best. Please stop by again soon and see what we've done!

Thank you, Debbie Smith Executive Director 248-589-3555

Dolores1 October 04, 2011

This is a lovely location to place a loved one. It allows them the freedom to be active on campus whether your family member prefers either a more secluded life style or one where you are a social butterfly. The rooms are spacious with special precaution given to those that might need added help while staying at American House. Safety and quality of life are two very important themes. There is a gym facility and even a boutique for special occasions. The staff is always courteous to residents and family alike while maintaining the grounds. The staff also gives the residents space so they can have freedom on campus to enjoy what they have to offer. As a family member we are allowed visitation at any time so long as it is not late so to not disturb the other residents. Not only does the staff encourage frequent visitations but those on campus are given scheduled transportation to functions and sites near by. This gives the residents a wider picture than most homes I have had the experience to see.

Sincerely, Debbie Smith Executive Director 248-589-3555

From American House Troy Senior Living

A gorgeous property combining a lovely wooded setting with superb access to nearby malls and I-75, American House Troy is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Troy, Clawson, Madison Heights, and Sterling Heights, as well as hospitals including Troy Beaumont, Royal Oak Beaumont, and St. John Oakland. Troy Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Our apartment homes include spacious and elegant 1 and 2 bedroom floor plans, each with a great room, complete kitchen, private bath and pation/balcony overlooking beautifully landscaped grounds. Relax in our common areas - including a beautifully appointed foyer and fireplace lounge. Take advantage of our convenient onsite beauty salon/barber shop, fitness center, and library.

We also have a community dining room that provides restaurant-style dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our Activity Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Reimbursement

• Pet Permitted

Resident Services

• Restaurant Style Dining Available for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
  • Housekeeping Services Available
  • Activity Director with a wide range of Cultural, Social, and Recreational Activities and Trips
  • 24-hour staffing