American House Troy Senior Living Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.0

October 15, 2013

By K2

The residents of American House Troy were very active, much more so that what we found in other facilities. It's a very nice facility. My dad has his own apartment. They have a lot of activities to keep everybody busy,they provide transportation a couple times a week to local shopping centers. The medical staff just seems very nice, very friendly, and they have some kind of an ala-carte system. It's really an independent living place, but we are able to purchase the services that we need for my dad to be taken care of. We are very happy with it and it's close by to all of us, which was a big requirement. It needed to be able to take animals and this place just meets all of our needs. There had been some things that we've not been happy with, but they are kind of minor.

You're certainly correct, K2, we try our hardest to schedule all sorts of activities to interest all our residents and provide many opportunities for socialization! And we find that our residents and their loved ones appreciate that we offer an a la carte system so residents aren’t paying for things they don't need. If you would like to stop by my office, I'd be happy to address your minor concerns with you. My door is always open.

Sincerely, Debbie Smith, Executive Director 248-589-3555

March 28, 2013

By Jean13

My mom is at American House and it's very good. It is close to home and it has all the amenities that we were looking for. It has a nice atmosphere. The staff tries to include everybody. Things are going very well. I would recommend them.

Thanks for your feedback Jean13! I'm thrilled to hear that your mom is enjoying it here, and glad that you would recommend us to others. If you or your mom ever need anything, please don't hesitate to stop by my office or give me a call.

Sincerely, Debbie Smith Executive Director 248-589-3555

March 22, 2013

By James21

When I visited American HouseTroy Senior Living, there was an on-going renovation. I was not able to get a good look at the place. The rooms and staff were good. I was able to look at their menu and it was just right.

James21, thanks for leaving your nice thoughts about our community! Thanks for your patience during our renovations - you caught us making improvements to give our residents the best of the best. Please stop by again soon and see what we've done!

Thank you, Debbie Smith Executive Director 248-589-3555

October 04, 2011

By Dolores1

This is a lovely location to place a loved one. It allows them the freedom to be active on campus whether your family member prefers either a more secluded life style or one where you are a social butterfly. The rooms are spacious with special precaution given to those that might need added help while staying at American House. Safety and quality of life are two very important themes. There is a gym facility and even a boutique for special occasions. The staff is always courteous to residents and family alike while maintaining the grounds. The staff also gives the residents space so they can have freedom on campus to enjoy what they have to offer. As a family member we are allowed visitation at any time so long as it is not late so to not disturb the other residents. Not only does the staff encourage frequent visitations but those on campus are given scheduled transportation to functions and sites near by. This gives the residents a wider picture than most homes I have had the experience to see.

Sincerely, Debbie Smith Executive Director 248-589-3555

Save Stress

Photos of American House Troy Senior Living

Features of American House Troy Senior Living

About American House Troy Senior Living

A gorgeous property combining a lovely wooded setting with superb access to nearby malls and I-75, American House Troy is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Troy, Clawson, Madison Heights, and Sterling Heights, as well as hospitals including Troy Beaumont, Royal Oak Beaumont, and St. John Oakland. Troy Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Our apartment homes include spacious and elegant 1 and 2 bedroom floor plans, each with a great room, complete kitchen, private bath and pation/balcony overlooking beautifully landscaped grounds. Relax in our common areas - including a beautifully appointed foyer and fireplace lounge. Take advantage of our convenient onsite beauty salon/barber shop, fitness center, and library.

We also have a community dining room that provides restaurant-style dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our Activity Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Reimbursement

• Pet Permitted

Resident Services

• Restaurant Style Dining Available for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
    • Housekeeping Services Available
    • Activity Director with a wide range of Cultural, Social, and Recreational Activities and Trips
    • 24-hour staffing