Brookdale Tracy

355 W. Grant Line Road, Tracy, CA, 95376

Reviews of Brookdale Tracy

Karen116978350 December 10, 2015

We had been in contact with Brookdale Tracy and liked it very much. There was some comment about it being an older building or whatever, but I don't have an issue with that. The people working there were very nice and kept in contact with me. We are thinking about respite care right now. I thought the rooms were fine, though I actually wanted a single room, not a bedroom and living room -- just one room that my husband could have a chair in as well as the bed and the TV. They were very nice. There weren't any problems. The facilities were fine with me. The people seemed happy, and nobody was complaining. One lady was in the hallway waiting to be taken to the dining room, and somebody came in to assist her. It was very clean without odor. I did not see anything that I could complain about. The dining area seemed quite nice.

Gloria115632350 November 16, 2015

Brookdale Tracy was good, and we really liked it. The staff was informative and toured us around. We saw the caregivers feeding the patients. The dining area was good. The rooms were big and have the options of private or two people in one. They have a special area for people with dementia.

Cynthia113891250 September 30, 2015

The residents and the staff were friendly at Brookdale Tracy, but the facility seemed very old and not kept up. The atmosphere looked sad.

Caring111850650 August 27, 2015

Brookdale was very nice and very well-kept property. The staff was really helpful and answered all of our questions. Customer service was really good. The rooms were of very nice size and larger than I was expecting it to be. They have exercise class, yoga, bible studies, and frequent trips to the casinos and shopping. They have a really good selection of activities.

Charles103440350 March 10, 2015

The facility I visited is named Brookdale. It has a shared room with two people. My mother can still walk and talk, but she can't take care of herself. She needs a lockdown kind of place because she has dementia. She is physically in good shape just mentally gone. The staff was sweet. The lady took me around to all the activities they had for them and that kind of stuff. The surroundings are very nice. The people were really friendly. They seem to be really nice. I recommend the facility to anyone who can afford it.

Caring105936750 February 12, 2015

Emeritus at Heritage Place is an older facility. They have done their best to make it presentable, but you can't just get around the fact that it was older. The people were good and very helpful. They were very pleasant and engaged with residents. They didn't have any activities going on, but any of the residents that we met during the tour where known by name and were talked to by the staff. The surroundings are neat and clean. It looks like they kept up with the maintenance, but you couldn't just get around that the building is old, the ceiling is low, and the hallways are narrow. Their price is good, and the staff is very helpful. I really think that they have taken the best advantage of the facility as they can as far as presentation.

Samantha10 September 30, 2014

I really liked Emeritus at Heritage Place, and I thought it would be great for my mom if she would be open to the idea. The facility was nice and clean. They were all taken care of and up kept very well. The landscaping was very immaculate. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. They answered all my questions and everything. I was very pleased with it. The rooms were very nice. What really stood out to me was that they really made it like a true community, and it had a true community environment. They offered great programs that seniors engaged in.

Caring95076950 September 30, 2014

Emeritus at Heritage Place was pretty good. They had the same activities as the other places, i.e., bingos, movies, and things like that. They had a little bit more of activities than the other facility though. However, they only offered one-bedrooms, two-bedrooms, and rooms where they would be sharing a kitchen and a living room. The staff was pretty good. They showed us how the place was. They were very friendly. What I like best about this one is the location. It was a good location. It was easy to get to. Regarding the living environment, they had a place to go outside. If they don't want to stay in, they had a nice area where they can go outside.

Presortti September 25, 2014

Poorly trained staff, in my experience. The young ladies seem incapable of dealing with a person with dementia. I would not send anyone here if it was the last place on Earth. I pulled out my parent a few months ago and should have sooner. If the management of the Memory Care side of this facility is not replaced, please, for the Love of your Parent, do not use this facility.

LovelyLady000090 July 31, 2014

I wouldn’t feel bad putting my mother in Emeritus although it was the farthest from where we live. The people there were very nice but the place was not as clean as I would have thought it would be. The bathrooms were dirty. It was not as regimented as the others. The person that runs the place was young, very helpful, nice, understanding and personable.

Tanya6 June 26, 2014

When you walk in Emeritus Heritage Place, it's bright and cheery. People there are so nice. We moved our mom about two months ago, and she absolutely loves it there. She's in a 1-bedroom/1-bath. The bathroom is big, has a walk-in shower, has a vanity, and lots of cabinets where they could put their medications and lock them up. The room has a kitchenette, a small stove and oven, and refrigerator. The dining room is fairly large, and I do believe they put tablecloths on for the evening. The food is good. I've had lunch there. They have fresh, homemade soup and homemade, fresh desserts every day. My mom really likes it. She said the girls can't do enough for her and they're very sweet.

She said she goes down and she tries to learn some card games. They have weekly trips, like the other day they had a trip to the jelly bean factory. There's always something, and they have somebody who will take them to doctor's appointments one day a week. They also have a physician that comes in once a month. So if she wants to be seen for anything, she can do that once a month. They have one day where they take them shopping, but they can only choose one place to go. They also have social service. If you can't do any of it once a week, they'll have people who will do it for you if you're sick. My mom is in the independent living part, so she does mostly everything herself.

Stefanie1 May 30, 2014

We visited Emeritus at Heritage Place, but it was farthest from my sister and I. We really liked the staff there. The director was helpful to us. My dad really didn't want to leave Modesto. So, even though it was only half an hour away, just the thought of living or being that much farther had him aggravated. Where he is now is much closer for my sister and I to visit him and didn't upset him quite as much.

Rick19 April 25, 2014

My dad is at the memory care of Emeritus at Heritage Place. When I was trying these places, I didn’t understand that my dad has Alzheimer's. We took him for a psych evaluation, and we found out he has Alzheimer's with a flight risk. He has to be in a lock-down unit, which they have. They answered all of our concerns, and they held up to that with the exception of the clothes. Whenever they wash for the people and send up the clothes, my father has missing clothes. That's a big issue. They don't track that very well. But I'm very happy with the results there. A good thing is their attentiveness to the people living there. They have a schedule like every 15 minutes, or if they can't see a person in 15 minutes, they go look for them and find out if they're OK. They're not lacking staff at all either. When you walk in there, there are like four or five attendants in that area. In addition, they keep the people occupied; not too much watching TV, but activities to keep the people interactive. Actually, as far as rate goes, it's pretty reasonable compared to some facilities I've looked at previously.

Diane46 December 26, 2013

We met with the director at Emeritus and he answered all our questions about financing and how the facility runs. We took a tour of the facility. We saw everything that they have to offer there and we thought that it was very nice place. He was very thorough and very warm. We talked to a couple of the residents there and they were very happy with the facility and the services. Most of the people we saw seemed very happy there. The apartment room that they have there, we felt like they were very nice rooms. I liked that they have the option that they can cook in their room or they can go down for a meal at the cafeteria or their dining room. They have a beauty shop, game room, movie night and they do bingo. I thought the grounds were kept very nice outside, they were very inviting.

Caring68960650 December 01, 2013

I visited Emeritus and I really liked it. I was really looking forward but when it came down to that that they don't accept Medicaid, it was a bummer for me.

The living environment that I've seen was okay. I never heard anything negative about the place so that was a good thing. It looks good but I'm the type that I have to keep coming back to see, I never like the first time. The staff was very helpful and the place was clean enough and very nice. It was something that I would have liked to see my dad to be in.

Debbie46 October 15, 2013

The staff at Emeritus were all wonderful, very polite, friendly, and you can tell everybody enjoys their job. They are always available. It is a very nice place, the rooms are clean, and our mother is very comfortable there. I would recommend this facility to others.

Monica6 September 26, 2013

I've talked to the staff at Emeritus at Heritage Place when we visited the facility and they were friendly. My mother-in-law has Alzheimer's so she is going to be in the memory care unit. It wasn't really big, but it was nice. They offer a lot of activities for the residents. It all seemed very good.

David32 July 30, 2013

Emeritus Heritage is kind of a little older establishment. We didn't get any of the service to see how that works, but you just kind of tell. I talked to a couple of residents there about their rooms and meals and they didn't say anything bad about them.

Caring 5471 June 12, 2013

Emeritus at Heritage was a very nice facility. The place was clean. I looked at a semi-private apartment wherein two residents can share a living room and a kitchen but they have two separate bedrooms. The staff were nice. The lady who did the tour, even though my dad didn't go there, still called and checked on him.

lovelynanny209 April 14, 2012

My grandmother suffered from inoperable brain tumors and moved into this facility in 2004. These facilities are very nice, providing assisted living but at the same time giving their patients a sense of privacy. My grandmother was always well taken care of, and actually quite happy with her residence. (My grandmother could be a little hard to please, but the nursing faculty did the best they could to make sure our entire family was pleased and comfortable with the care she received.)

commercesd March 20, 2012

Emeritus at Heritage Place in Tracy is an assisted living community that was referred for my friend and I to check out for his mother.

We really liked the location - convenient to Stockton and Livermore. Because is close to the freeway, it is easy to get to and has access to everything the area offers.

The landscaping was lovely, with plenty of park benches and greenery. The building is back enough from the road to offer a quiet environment.

They can accommodate varied levels of ambulation. The staff were very friendly. The interior foyer and visiting sections were very nicely decorated.

The restaurant style meals looked and smelled really delicious. Snacks are also available whenever residents desire them. The menus included foods for all desires and diets.

The lovely communal rooms offered many activities, from socializing to games and other stimulating events. They offered exercise classes and physical activity is encouraged regularly. There are also many opportunities to explore the lovely grounds easily.

Each private residence had spacious rooms with nice views and plenty of fresh air and natural light. There were also rooms to reserve for residents to spend time with family and friends.

Residents can enjoy nature and Lodi Lake, with boating and picnics. Some residents enjoy visiting the Black Oak Casino with friends and family. The location is very convenient to all that the region offers, from nature to vibrant city culture.

This senior environment is very designed and the residents and staff seemed happy to be there.

From Brookdale Tracy

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Tracy