Atria Hearthstone (West)

3515 SW 6th Avenue, Topeka, KS, 66606

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Promotion ends in 43 days!

The best time to choose Atria is right NOW! For a limited time*, you can lock in our current rental rate with no increases until at least January 1, 2019. Don't miss this opportunity! - *Offer valid on certain apartments for move-in by September 30, 2017.

Reviews of Atria Hearthstone (West)

June 20, 2015

By comom

I moved my husband into Atria in Topeka, Kansas. When I went there, I was pleased when I was walking around and working with the salesperson, but I am not happy at all right now. He had been assessed from another Atria nurse for his level of care, and it moved in one day -- the day that he moved in -- from a level one to a level six, which meant it was $1,500 more, and it was not at all what I expected; they can't substantiate why it is a level six. The room is lovely, but there is just more to that. He tells me that he really enjoys the food, he is not at all disappointed, and he looks forward to the meals. They have an activities director, but he chooses not to participate. To be very honest, I am probably going to move him.

Thanks for your review of Atria Hearthstone. We'd like to continue this conversation about your experience, so if you're open to it, please reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

May 06, 2015

My parents live in Atria Hearthstone. They are helpful at the most part. It is a relatively new facility, so it is pretty modern. They have a studio apartment, and I will not actually call it big. They do have several activities scheduled throughout the day. They have bingo and dominoes. They have wine and cheese on Thursday afternoon. The food is very good. Actually, several members of the family come over and comment thay it is very good too. Their dining area is kind of a restaurant approach. If you have someone who qualifies well for assisted living, it will be fine.

August 27, 2014

By Caring73920550

Atria is okay but it is not a continuing care facility. The staff who toured us was okay. We saw a room which was acceptable. We ate lunch there and it was okay. It was a restaurant style dining facility.

July 31, 2012

By ML1392

From the outside Atria looks pretty nice. There is usually plenty of room for visitor parking, but it does get pretty crowded at times. The entrance of the facility looks a little old, but not uninviting. There is a small cafeteria area right inside the door. It's not very big or fancy, but it is comfortable enough. During the holidays, family members are invited to have dinner with their loved ones in this dining area. The food is decent and sometimes it is much more convenient to have dinner there when mobility is an issue for your loved one. The living quarters there feel like small apartments. There is a small, but fully equipped kitchen, a small living area, a bedroom with attached bathroom, and a balcony big enough for a small table and chairs. Residents have the option of cooking for themselves or going downstairs to the cafeteria for meals. There are also activities that tenants have the option of participating in. The employees of Atria all seem very friendly and helpful. I have never heard any complaints about the facility and overall it seems like a nice place.

June 22, 2012

By Mary5

This is a first rate facility though the charges are compatible with other, similar facilities. The food service is especially wonderful, and that is very important. The grounds are garden-like, there are many outdoor areas and residents and visitors are encouraged to use the porches and patios in nice weather. The supervisory staff is extremely helpful and attentive and eager to please. We were impressed that Atria even arranged movers for us at no extra charge and that was a tremendous help when we had so much to do in such a short time. Since our relative's stay we have found everything to continue to be first rate. They have planned activities almost every hour of the day including games, exercises and crafts. There is a separate wonderful crafts room. They also have special programs, trips, etc. The residents get wonderful services - cleaning, hairdresser, physician, nursing staff - and comfortable rooms with wonderful views of the park-like grounds.Beautiful place, caring people, clean and safe, friendly and did we mention the food is excellent!

May 09, 2012

By Deb3

Atria is a lovely facility that cares about their residents. The staff is very friendly and attentive to the needs of their residents. They try to keep their residents very busy with activities such as bus trips to local restaurants, shopping trips to the mall and grocery stores, trips to the local casino to eat and gamble. At Christmas time they go our nightly and see the Christmas lights in the local neighborhoods. A resident life there is not a boring one. They have delicious meals and every monday night during football season they have a Monday Night Football party in the Atrium to watch the game and have food and drinks.

July 20, 2011

By Roberts1980

Atria operates several retirement communities throughout the country, and two in Topeka happen to be located next door to each other. This facility is the larger of the two, with a three-story apartment complex in which every single apartment for both Independent and Assisted Living has its own private patio or balcony, which is a nice touch. The facility is located on a small street, but very close to the freeway and a few major arteries with shopping and dining nearby. In addition, the grounds and facilities are very well manicured - it is a priority for this facility. My first impressions of this facility were less than stellar. While the physical facility is beautiful, and impeccably clean, the atmosphere was rather cold. I did not feel warmly welcomed and almost felt as if my tour was a problem for my guide as she had something better to do. She did warm up some as the tour progressed but her insistence that their customer service is what sets this facility apart did not jive with my experience. On the other hand, the residents seemed very happy and friendly, and the facility is certainly a high-end luxury apartment complex with every amenity. The "West" building on campus, operated as a separate business from "East" is the older of the two, but it has been so well maintained and remodelled it would be hard to tell. The facility is pet friendly, and has birds and fish tanks in the entryway. However, some of the hallways are dark, and too warm. The rooms are a good size, but a little smaller than in the other building. In both buildings, however, they have full-size kitchens in many of the Assisted Living apartments, which is extremely rare. For those for whom this poses a safety concern, power to the stoves and ovens can be turned off. I would recommend touring this facility, perhaps a couple of times, to determine whether the prospective resident feels at home. I am confident the care quality is good, but it would probably only suit some personalities to live here.

Photos of Atria Hearthstone (West)

About Atria Hearthstone (West)

At Atria Hearthstone West, you'll find a charming senior community in the heart of Topeka. Whether with neighbors or family, residents enjoy the activities center and chapel for relaxation and social time. Atria Hearthstone West and its sister community Atria Hearthstone East are conveniently located within minutes of restaurants, shopping and medical facilities.

Atria Hearthstone West offers the following services:

• Staff available 24-hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community, and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Scheduled transportation

Map of Atria Hearthstone (West)

Atria Hearthstone (West)