Brookdale Titusville

1800 Harrison Street, Titusville, FL, 32780

Reviews of Brookdale Titusville

Brenda36 June 26, 2014

My father had cancer and declined very rapidly. He has already passed away, but the care he received was excellent at Sand Point. He responded well. Since he was there such a short time, we had meals delivered to his room, and they would send him whatever he wanted. He was down there not being able to swallow very well, and then we had hospice come in. He had an ostomy bag which had to be changed or emptied every two hours every day, so that was a lot of care and service. It happened quite rapidly for them, and my father was incapable of helping them any longer, so they pulled everybody together who would work with him. Sand point did everything. They called over the doctors and they called in hospice. They worked very well with the hospice. He had a great room there. The place had just been renovated, and cleanliness was exceptional. It presents very well from the main lobby all the way to the cafeteria and the game room. They've been working on the rooms all along. They also repaired the sidewalks, so there was a good way for those who had walkers and wheelchairs. They put up new fencing around the place. They do an afternoon social every day, and they also take patients to doctor's appointments.

Caring80089250 April 26, 2014

I visited Sand Point. It's just around the corner from where I live. It was beautiful. It just looked very nice and clean. The dining room was large and looked comfortable.

Gerald4 March 28, 2014

Sand Point is part of an outfit, and I think for an outfit that big, they can do a much better job of keeping this facility. Sand Point looked beat up. It looked like it needed a good overhaul. When I came in, it left me with a kind of negative feeling, even before I went in to look at the place. The people were very nice and friendly. They showed us around. They were actually excellent, but the place was old. They need to come and do some work on it, like clean it up, dress it up, and make it look nice. It just looked very depressing. If that place was halfway decent, that would be probably the place we would go because it is right near where my daughter lives.

Caring74240950 November 28, 2013

Sand Point was too institutional for my taste, although the staff was very pleasant. The room I saw there was barely enough for one person. I would tell others to go see this place and not discourage them from looking at it because I'm sure for some, it would be a comfortable place. However, it just did not meet what I needed.

Caring72195450 October 26, 2013

The lady who toured me around at Sand Point showed me an apartment and I honestly was impressed with the place. They have a long waiting list and it looks like it would take probably a couple of years for somebody to get there. I just think assisted living right now is not just for me, but I have no negativity with the facility.

Robert38 June 26, 2013

The facility was top notch. The staff was very courteous, cooperative and assisting. They were excellent. I would highly recommend Sand Point to others.

shaddad81 November 08, 2012

My grandmother seemed to like it there. The only issue was that when she was on her own she rarely went out other than to eat in the dining room. But when she moved into a room in the assisted living, she was more involved because the people taking care of her kept her busy and social. It was a nice place, they had a pool, and a game room, it wasn't like being in a nursing home where you feel despair and unhappiness. The staff was always friendly and happy to help when I visited. They would even let me sit down and eat dinner with her when I stayed over.

Dionysus101 August 20, 2012

It appeared to be a very clean environment. The nursing staff and CNA's (certified nursing assistants) were attentive to our needs even though they weren't always attentive to the residents. We saw that most residents who could walk were in good shape but the few who needed help doing basic tasks were occasionally ignored. Since the time we visited they have had some managerial improvements and I am sure they are much more up to par at this point.

The facilities, including the food, didn't leave too much to be desired. They had quite a few cooks on staff and were very nice to us and the other visitors. Having to move a loved one to a home is often a difficult and emotional time, and they were very privy to that. They seemed very practiced in making us feel as though our close relative would be given everything they would normally have at home.

Squishlette September 10, 2011

My grandmother stayed at this Assisted Living facility. She started out being able to live on her own, and she had her own apartment. She would go to the dining room for meals and for social interacting. She enjoyed the staff and enjoyed the prepared food they provided. They also delivered meals if the residents could not make it to the dining room. After a few years she had to move into the Assisted Living building, where she had her own room but was looked after more closely. Whenever I went and visited her she was out in the main room visiting. The nurses there would not allow her to sit in her room alone. I found them very friendly and felt that they appreciated my grandmother for the friendly and warm woman she was, despite not being able to remember trivial things like using deodorant. After a few months I knew the employees by name and they knew me. If my grandmother had to be somewhere, I am glad she was at Sand Point.

From Brookdale Titusville

Brookdale Titusville provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Titusville