Arbor Terrace Shrewsbury

864 Shrewsbury Ave., Tinton Falls, NJ, 07724

Reviews of Arbor Terrace Shrewsbury

gvgland September 10, 2015

My 92 year old Aunt has been living at Kensington Court for almost two years now. Prior to moving into Kensington Court she lived independently. As her Dementia began to progress she was not taking care of her Diabetes and becoming socially isolated. Now, two years later, approaching 93, she is healthier than she was then. She participates in many activities and social events and enjoys going on all of the trips. Our family truly believes that if she did not come to Kensington Court and receive the wonderful care that she does she would not still be with us, never mind enjoying herself the way that she does. She is so happy that she sings to me every time I see her! The staff, from the Administrator to the dietary staff have a true passion for caring for seniors and it shows in the quality of life that the residents have.

Diane P September 01, 2015

It was a very difficult decision to place my Mom from her home to an assisted living facility. Finding a place she can be safe, happy and well taken care of was an emotional experience. Not only were we successful at finding a place where she is cared for, but she is also very much loved and treated like family by the staff. The director is always available, supportive and shows personal care to my Mom's needs. I visit my mother every day and always find her happy and well cared for and I am treated as one of the Kensington family. Activities are stimulating for all the residents and meals are always cooked fresh and delicious with choices that please everybody. The facility is always maintained professionally. There are themed events twice a year that engage all families with great food and entertainment. I highly recommend Kensington Court!

Grateful and delighted family member August 30, 2015

Kensington Court was an answer to a prayer. My family member was definitely no longer able to live alone nor able to take medications as required. Kensington received my family member with kindness and concern. After almost two years, I still find that Kensington continues to provide the same great care. My relative loves the meals, his apartment is spotlessly maintained and the nursing staff is wonderful to him. His health and medications are well monitored. The kitchen/dining staff and cleaning staff always greet him by name and with a smile. Since his arrival at Kensington, my personal stress level was significantly reduced by the knowledge that he is well cared for and monitored. I stop by oftren and the nursing staff always takes time to talk with me and provide me with an update.

I visited many facilities and Kensington is tops. It was recommended to me by a well respected member of the NJ political community. I have also recommended it to others as well.

Kensington lives up to my expectations, provides great care and deserves to be recognized as an excellent assisted living facility.

HomeforDad August 30, 2015

My father, age 92, has been a resident of Kensington Court for the past 2-1/2 years. He is very happy living there and often remarks that he "can't believe there are places like this." I believe it might be the only one. I am constantly impressed by the physical facility, services provided, and most importantly, the competent and caring staff. I selected Kensington during my initial visit with the marketing director after investigating several facilities. The building is clean, warm and inviting. The menu is offers a variety of choices and changes often. The nursing office is staffed 24/7 by RNs. There are a variety of activities and special events daily. While all of the above were key considerations, I was and am impressed by the full time and hourly staff. They all seemed more competent, caring and compassionate than other facilities. I still feel that way today. All staff members seem to know every resident and interact with them regularly, doing more than required by job description. My father had surgery last December that required hospital stay and additional care for a month after returning to Kensington. We were met at the door by several staff members who welcomed him "home" and assured me that any special needs would be addressed. They loaned us a wheelchair and no extra cost was ever charged for additional temporary care. He receives assistance when showering and his aides often tell me that they would like to help him more, but he insists on doing things himself. Again, caring and compassion are readily evident and much appreciated. My initial instincts were correct. Kensington Court is a beautiful facility with a special staff. I highly recommend Kensington to anyone seeking a senior living facility for themselves or loved ones.

MichelleElena August 30, 2015

If you wondering where to place your loved one, your search is over! My beloved mother was at this facility for 5 yrs. The facility is run by an accomplished warm hearted, compassionate, loving person who also happens to be an RN. You don't find that in other places. KC is not your average AL. They don't nickel and dime you to death. They work with you on pricing and are very sensitive to your needs for your loved one. I honestly don't know what I would have done with my mom if I hadn't placed her here. The facility is bright, airy, and has the hum of something always going on. The nurses are highly trained, the aides are loving and caring. Yes as in all places you find one or two workers that maybe don't conform to the rules, however they are dismissed as soon as people complain. My mom was there till her passing this past March. The support, and caring that was afforded not only to her but to my entire family is beyond imagining!! I owe them everything! Just go check them out and you will see for yourself, the residents are HAPPY there! The food is great, the activities are none stop. This is an A one facility. I've brought 5 other people to live here, it's the only place to be!!!! Thanks to all the employees of KC for making my moms last 5 yrs of her life a blessing!

Gayle M August 29, 2015

Kensington Court is an excellent assisted care facility. The grounds are beautiful; my mother and I would walk around the facility and admire the plentiful flowers. The inside is equally as lovely, the great room is where everyone gets together for activities or conversation. The beautiful grand piano is welcome sight. Then there is the country kitchen where bingo and movies take place. The food is good and always available.

The most important attribute, the staff. The aides are loving and caring. The nursing staff is on top of any issue that arises, immediately contacting me, keeping me informed.

I entrusted Kensington Court with the care of both my mother and mother in law, they have never disappointed me.

AL MOSSal123 August 28, 2015

I live at Kensingtion,its very good in all departsments. After 5years of living there,if I did not like it I would move out.No one put me there,I stay for many reasons, all good.

diamond jackie February 20, 2015

The facility itself is well maintained and clean. The apartments are adequate, small bedroom, sitting room and kitchenette. The nursing staff is really nice and are diligent about keeping tabs on the residents. The food is really good, have eaten there with the family a few times. My biggest complaint is regarding the staff aides. Although many are really good, there are a few who barely speak English and they talk to each other in their native language, which I find to be extremely rude. They are also "fresh", disrespectful, and talk down to the residents. The turn over rate is really high (because they don't pay well) and there are DEFINITELY not enough aides. The response time is supposed to be within 10 minutes. My mother waited for 45 minutes numerous times Usually they don't get there for at least 15 minutes. I have brought this issue for the need for more aides to the director who told me they have the number required by the state. They need to step up their game and hire more aides.

Diana13 July 11, 2013

Both my parents were at Kensington Court and it was very clean. It had a very nice atmosphere and seemed like a friendly place. The staff were accommodating, calm, helpful, nice and they did a lot for the residents. Their room was adequate, it was a small bedroom with a combined living room and kitchen. I have not tried their food but I heard it was okay.

From Arbor Terrace Shrewsbury

For those in search of senior housing in New Jersey, there's Arbor Terrace Shrewsbury, which offers respite care, hospice services, and much more. At Arbor Terrace Shrewsbury you'll find your assisted living and short-term care needs met. From the exquisitely landscaped grounds to the elegant furnishings throughout your new senior living residence, no detail has been overlooked in creating the gracious lifestyle that awaits you. Best of all, living at Arbor Terrace Shrewsbury in Tinton Falls, New Jersey, gives you access to a marvelous village that's just footsteps away from your own private apartment.

At the Arbor Terrace Shrewsburyt senior living community, you'll maintain your independence through choices that you make every day with respect to the way you live your own life. But remember, at Arbor Terrace Shrewsbury, our staff is always here to assist you when needed. You and your family will enjoy great peace of mind knowing that our personal assisted living services and Alzheimer's care more than meet your expectations.

Features of Arbor Terrace Shrewsbury

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Onsite 24/7