The Forum at the Woodlands

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of The Forum at the Woodlands

November 26, 2016

By Dwaine W

We visited The Forum. It had more grounds and little living areas where you can go and sit down. We liked that one the best, and they provided transportation to different places. They were very friendly in showing us around. The price was comparable.

October 21, 2016

By Tina581585

My experience at The Forum at the Woodlands was very good. The atmosphere was very nice, and the rooms are average compared to others. The food was awesome, and the staff is very nice, helpful, professional, and friendly. There are a lot of activities available. They can improve on help or assistance because they had to be able to go up and down the stairs without assistance if they want a 1-bedroom; otherwise, they had to be in a studio, and we didn't like that idea. Compared to other place, price is good, and the location is very convenient because it was close to me.

I am the Executive Director and I am delighted with your praise for our niceness, professionalism, friendliness, activities, pricing and “awesome” food. Thank you! I would also like to address your comments regarding assistance. The state of Texas has Type A and Type B regulations. All Assisted Living communities must adhere to these regulations as a means to address resident safety. We find that our residents basically use their apartments as a sleeping and resting area. Their preference is to socialize with others and enjoy the programs and dining that happen in the large common areas. The positive attributes that you mention are the factors that make life here enjoyable. My suggestion is to come for a short stay so you can experience all that we have to offer and then make a decision.

October 06, 2016

By Roger441402

My parents moved into The Forum at Woodlands. I like that the caregivers seem to be qualified. It is nicer and larger than the other places that we saw. They served three meals a day with snacks, had laundry services, and had transportation, but my parents do not use the transportation to the doctor because my sister takes them.

September 30, 2016

By Merry332754

The Forum at the Woodland is an excellent facility but it has numerous, several different buildings, and then you would have to go from that building to where you would eat breakfast, lunch or dinner or the activities which is something I am capable of doing. Another thing I didn't care for was there was no facility for a washer and dryer in each apartment; instead you have a central washer and dryer on each floor. That's a down. The rooms are beautiful and certainly large enough. I looked at a 2-bedroom and one of the cottages. I just sincerely recommend it to somebody as sort of an independent facility -- especially the cottages which were beautiful and there's more than enough room for 2 people or individuals if they had company. They're very nice. For activities, they have everything from going on trips to different grocery stores just about every day. They go out to eat, to the movies, and to the different activities in the Houston area, and you can also arrange for service to take you to doctor's or dentist's appointments, so it's very convenient and very good. You would not have to drive. There's also quite a large shopping center just right around the corner -- a strip center -- so it's an easy walking distance. One of the buildings that is for the independent living facility is just for people who have animals, which is kind of nice because if you have a dog or cat, you're sort of in your own apartments, so you wouldn't be bothering a next door neighbor. It's well-insulated, and there are sound barriers that you couldn't hear any noises coming from any of the apartments at all -- very unlike normal apartment complexes.

May 11, 2016

By Happy Visitor12

I was very impressed with The Forum at the Woodlands; I love the water environment. They serve 3 meals a day. It didn’t have secured parking; the parking that was available was in a carport. They have a bus that takes you anywhere you would need to go. We spent quite a bit of time talking about the different rooms and the options available. They have a wide range of choices in terms of room configuration and building location. They’re in multiple buildings so that means you have to walk between buildings. We get a lot of rainstorms and it gets hot humid in Houston so I could see that as being a bit of a disadvantage at times but it was very pretty; it was a lovely setting.

May 26, 2015

By Julie106855150

We looked at the Forum, and if we had to move today, this would be where we'd go. It was a very nice place. The experience was more pleasant than the others. They were pleasant; they had a patio or balcony, and the rooms are a nice size. I liked the ambience. They've got 23 acres of landscaped area around, which makes the whole facility very well done and very pleasant. They've got almost anything you want. They had exercise rooms, game rooms, a swimming pool, an arts and crafts room, and just about anything you want to do.

December 06, 2014

My parents lived at The Forum at the Woodlands. It was large. My mother did not like the food there. There is a formal dining area. At that point in time, they were supposed to wear a jacket to the dining room -- a get more dressed up kind of thing. They also had a more casual dining area, and that is where they would eat usually. It was a series of about six buildings so you had to go outside of the building and into where the dining area was. It was spread apart. They did have carts so they could get from one place to the other. It was more expensive.

November 15, 2014

The staff was very friendly at the Forum at the Woodlands and very knowledgeable about the questions that I asked. They had everything that I think that you would need for independent living, they covered just about everything. The only problem is, I am really not ready to move from my house yet. I really liked most of the friendly staff -- the meals looked delicious and everything is clean. I like the gardens and the landscaping, I would recommend the facility and I liked it very much. There seemed to be a very full complement of things to do -- you would not get bored. They have apartments and cottages, and they were spacious.

November 01, 2014

My parents are now at The Forum. It is an older property, and it is very well maintained. It has a very pleasant atmosphere. My parents are in an apartment there. It is a two-bedroom-two-bath apartment, and it is adequate. However, the activities are not what they should be. I think it is kind of haphazard, you know, bingo every afternoon and sometimes movie on weekends, but not nearly as much I had thought there would be. Regarding food, my parents complained about it being bland. The independent living has a different dining room than the assisted living, but the food is prepped and brought in. So my mom complained that the food is usually cold and that they don't like the variety. Also my mom is on a gluten-free diet, and they don't offer anything for that. With regards to their staff, they're kind of a mixed bag. There are some excellent caregivers, and there are some that are difficult for my parents to understand.

August 27, 2014

By Charles40

The Forum is an old timer. It has an extremely good reputation. It's a fairly large complex. My wife is a wheelchair patient. All the two-bedroom units there are on the second floor and the structure is basically wood, so the fire marshal said that they could not lease to anyone who could not walk down the stairs by themselves. I know it's been there for 15 years. I've put both of our mothers in it, so I'm a little familiar with it. It's very pretty; it's spread out; it's not very commercial. It has a military store and everything is either one or two stories tall.

July 30, 2014

By Diane90480950

I moved my father to The Forum at the Woodlands. It was one of the few that had balconies and little porches on each apartment. It is expensive, but it is worth it because they screened in his balcony and put a fan up, and he has a view of the lake and the pool. This is our second week and he has a urinary tract infection, so he hasn't felt well, but once he gets settled in, he is really going to like it. I think it is going to be good and I haven't heard any complaints from him, other than what 97 year olds complain about all the time. He has a dog, and the home services people would take the dog out for a walk, and yes I pay for that, but they are so nice about it. Even the dog got sick and they called yesterday to let me know that they didn't think Sam was feeling well and I might want to check it out. Everybody seem very thoughtful. It has been pretty good. They have gone out of their way to accommodate some of the problems that dad was having.

May 20, 2014

By Virginia26

The Forum at Woodlands is amazing. But way, way too expensive. It was really good. I have a friend whose aunt was there, and that's the reason I went there. They treated her, and they did very well. I was really impressed. She sadly passed away, but it was a good experience. They did a really good job. They have lots of activities to do there. It's a beautiful setting. The staff does a really great job meeting the needs of their clients.

May 14, 2014

By caring 0987

The Forum WAS a great facility;however, corporate headquarters has released the director who had been there for 14 years, and replaced her with someone from corporate headquarters. The quality of the food has declined, the caregiver's hours have been cut, and now without informing the family members , they are planning to let go most, if not all of the R N s on staff and replace them with med techs. This is so disappointing. They are sinking to the level of every other place like this. They USED to shine above the rest.

First, let me say that I am very concerned that your feelings regarding The Forum have changed. I would also like to express my appreciation for your comment that The Forum was "great". Our goal is to always be great! We are proud to be a long standing and respected member of the community and we are honored to have the trust and support of our residents and families. We know that we have to earn that trust and support each and every day. It is always difficult when a senior living community experiences a change in the Executive Director position, especially when the tenure has been long. I am the acting Executive Director and I encourage you to reach out to me personally so that I can understand your concerns and help to resolve them. I hope that it makes you more comfortable to know that I have been a senior living Executive Director for almost a decade. I do want to reassure you that we strive to meet or exceed the state and federal requirements for nursing hours and that we value the length of service and dedication of our nurses and care team members. Our Food and Dining Director has been with us for many years and is always eager to hear both compliments and complaints either individually or in our monthly Food for Thought meetings with our residents. Again, please contact me so that we can have a detailed discussion of all of your worries. The safety, comfort and happiness of our residents and families is precious to me and to Five Star. My hope is that we will earn your trust and you will decide again that The Forum at The Woodlands is great.

Maria Lynn, Executive Director, The Forum at The Woodlands

March 31, 2014

The Forum at the Woodlands was a nice place, but it was just too far from my house. The staff was pretty good. They were polite, and they treated me pretty well. I was given the information that I needed. The community was clean and well-kept. It was probably a modern place. They had a friendly and warm environment.

March 29, 2014

The Forum at the Woodlands is wonderful. Excellent in all senses that I've seen. The wings are very nice. It’s a beautiful place. The food is good, and they're very attentive. The staff is excellent. They have lots of activities every day. They have lots of games, and there’s a hair salon.

March 18, 2014

By Neil4

We’re really impressed with the Forum and this is our first choice. It is two story with nice apartments. The grounds are beautiful and my father-in-law can walk around. It also has a little lake. The rooms, including the dining room. were beautiful, very clean and well taken cared of. The staff is great.

February 01, 2014

By Tammi2

The grounds at The Forum were really pretty. On the look and feel of this facility, I would say it's like a five-plus star, kind of a little bit more on the high-end. It was almost too good to be true. They were expensive though. It was like a five-plus as far as accommodations. They showed us like a model room and it was very nice. They did have an in-house salon. There was an area with chairs where they do like calisthenics. They did have activities for their residents. They have exercise class and Sunday Services. They also actually would go and visit doctors. They did have dining areas and they would provide different options for food and that was kind of cool. Also the staff was really nice.

January 30, 2014

The Forum is very nice. We have two nurse visits a day and two housekeeping visits a day. My wife and I are 91 and 92 years old. The staff is excellent, they're very well trained and they're very polite. The food is marginal, it is well prepared but it's not to our taste. It's a lot of Tex-Mex and we don’t like it. The Forum has a very nice swimming pool, they have a gymnasium. They have bridge games and bingo special. They bring in groups to sing and to tell stories. The general manager is a woman and she's very gracious and very pleasant.

January 30, 2014

By caring77301150

The Forum at the Woodlands seemed excellent, but very expensive. They seemed to have everything and took everything in consideration. It was clean. The people were very, very nice and helpful. They seemed to want to help as much as possible. They gave me a lot of answers, showed me around, and they took their time. They all seemed to be very caring. They were very polite to the residents. The residents seemed to be very active and they interacted very well with the staff, which I liked. The rooms were small with large windows and the view from the rooms that I saw were nice. It's the best place that I've seen.

October 22, 2013

By Christine20

I loved the Forum, it was large. It was a really nice community and you feel like you're in a little small town. I liked the fact that you can have different areas as your aging or mind progresses. You have the independent living and you can go into assisted or memory care. The grounds are beautiful and the food tables are nice and like in a cruise ship. The rooms were clean and spacious and the ones I saw have their own back porch which was nice. My friend there runs a beauty salon. You can get massages and your nails cut. That would be the place I would want to live.

September 27, 2013

By caring6232

The Forum at the Woodlands is very large, nice, well decorated with lots of activities, but the sales team is not accommodating at all. They let my dad stand in the waiting room for 25 minutes when we had an appointment and wait for the sales lady to come out. It was just a very, very, very bad experience with my dad. The rooms were okay, but they were not very updated and they told us that they are in the process of updating it. The facility did not look dirty, but it didn't smell clean.

September 26, 2013

By caring1685

We visited The Forum and the place was very nice. Their rooms are very spacious. There was no odor in the facility. It was our first option, but unfortunately they did not have any opening when we went there yet.

August 01, 2013

By William13

The Forum is an older facility. You have to go outside to get to the dining room and other facilities and my children did not like that when we visited the facility. We had lunch there and the food was okay. The staff were very nice.

August 30, 2012

By Dave Ferguson

When we were looking for a place that my grandmother could live, we visited The Forum in The Woodlands. Immediately upon arriving for our appointment, it was as if we were right at home. Most assisted living facilities that we visited felt more like hospitals than homes, but that was not the case with The Forum.Everything from the way that the staff interacted with the residents to the meals they offered in the dining room gave us the same feelings that we had always felt when we were visiting Grandma's house. The residents we met all seemed to really feel a sense of pride and ownership in their home, and that was very important to us.They seem to go on a lot of different outings, which was very appealing to us. Just because you are elderly doesn't mean you want to be cooped up all the time. But even for my grandmother, who now has fairly severe dementia and cannot leave the house much, the place was still ideal. The scenery is unsurpassed among other facilities in its price range, and is probably the most unique aspect of The Forum.Although this facility ended up being a little bit to high for our modest price range, it is still fairly competitive, and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an assisted living facility that feels more like a retirement community than a nursing home.

June 03, 2012

By commercesd

We went to visit the The Forum at The Woodlands assisted living facility since we were already in the region, looking at places for my brother's friend to live. They were very accommodating, despite our not having an appointment. The outside grounds included an extraordinarily beautiful lake, with very nice landscaping throughout the property. The walkway also featured a gazebo. The interior foyer was like something out of a large country mansion - very inviting, but more spacious. The facility offers plenty of amenities - like social enrichment activities with the community, arts and entertainment, festival and fair attendance and other gatherings. The restaurant style dining area offers many delicious choices. The lunch we saw was like you might find in an upscale diner. We could see that anyone would appreciate their menu options - since they included some really interesting choices. The private housing options featured spacious apartments, and a variety of floor plans to choose from, all with patios. Each was lovely and looked like they had been personalized. The library was one of the nicest ones we've seen thus far, with a fireplace and comfortable chairs. The staff takes residents on weekly outings for shopping and entertainment - and they also take short trips for overnight stays sometimes. The fitness area was well equipped and they offer exercise classes. There was also an Olympic sized pool for residents to exercise in and enjoy. This is a full service assisted living facility that offers residents flexibility and comfort. The staff is respectful and professional - yet still very caring and kind.

Photos of The Forum at the Woodlands

Features of The Forum at the Woodlands

• Spanish

About The Forum at the Woodlands

The Forum at the Woodlands offers compassionate senior care in The Woodlands, TX. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at The Forum at the Woodlands shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in The Woodlands, TX.

Map of The Forum at the Woodlands