Brookdale The Woodlands

1730 Woodstead Court, The Woodlands, TX, 77380

Promotion ends in 16 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale The Woodlands

Caring109896950 August 31, 2015

My mother moved at Brookdale The Woodlands, and so far, so good. We chose it because it was close to my house, and the people were very nice. Everybody treated her well. She has a very nice room. The food was good. They do different kinds of things. They go to the pavilion and to Wal-Mart once in a while.

Lois19 March 02, 2015

My mother-in-law has a good place that we’re very happy with. Brookdale Woodlands (Terrace at the Woodlands) is very safe and well-managed. The staff is fine. She’s on a limited diet, so her particular food wouldn’t be good, but everything else looks good. The people at her table all seem to enjoy the food. The room is nice and quite large. It’s probably 25 x 25, and it has its own bathroom.

They have some varied non-denominational church services. They have games that they play according to their abilities. They have visiting chorale groups come in. They have some people who play bridge there. They have various recreational activities that match their cognitive abilities.

Sandra99306150 September 23, 2014

I had a tour at Bookdale Place, The Villages at The Woodlands. The staff was great. The rooms were very small as compared to other places I had seen, but it was very clean. They had activities like bingo and some kind of fitness stuff. They also had a walking trail. They took the residents on the bus to go to places like stores and doctor's appointments. Mama could have her dog because they were dog friendly. It was obviously a very old building and needed a little overhauling, but it looked like they were in the process to do that. It was just more expensive than what we could afford. I considered it and I would recommend them for someone who had more money than us.

Charles40 August 27, 2014

I need two bedrooms for my wife and myself. The Terrace had no two-bedroom units available, plus it was more of a real old folks' home rather than assisted living. They had very few amenities for someone who was a little more active. It was a nice place, though. It was well-built, well-run. It was the salesperson who gave me the pitch. They knew enough about the place and they showed me all they had.

Tammi2 February 01, 2014

I like The Terrace at The Woodlands the best; however, they were expensive. The person I met there seemed sincere. She checked back with me several times about how my mom was and everything. It seemed like the individual attention to the residents is good there. In terms of staffing, I think the turn-around there is good. The person I talked to had been there for like nine years. The common areas were nicely set up. You can find a place secluded if you needed to, like read a book or something, but not be alone. They had a nice dining area. Everything was good. It seemed like the people were out of the rooms visiting and it seemed like they weren't just all in their rooms. In terms of accommodations, I saw one room and it was small but it was good for an individual. For activities, they did have things arranged for the residents. I think they have scheduled bingo nights, etc. They were good about that.

Caring73724150 November 27, 2013

The Terrace is the best place I've seen in Texas. It's contemporary, it's open, and there are a lot of trees. It’s also close to churches and to a small shopping center. It's a very pretty facility. The whole environment is nice. They have a swimming pool, a small library, and an in-house computer facility.

Sandra21 May 20, 2013

The Terrace had more of a homey atmosphere that I think my mother would prefer, although I'm not sure that my dad would like it there. The staff was incredible. They were extremely friendly and I felt very good about it. What I liked about it was the little venues where they had dresses, purses, hats, and those other things for the women that I knew my mother would have liked. But I'm looking for a place that could provide more in terms of memory care for my mom as well the opportunity for my father to kind of be on his own. It would be the second choice that I would propose to him though if they were both going to move in.

Patricia7 November 02, 2012

They all seem very, very nice and very helpful at The Terrace. I've known one person that has been there and the family was pleased with it. They had offered for us to come in and spent some time there for dinner, functions, and different things. It's a nice facility, the rooms were nice, and it seems to have everything in place where it should be.

Tom7 August 26, 2012

A very close friend of mine is currently in The Terrace of Woodlands. She's happy and enjoying her stay. It's really a good place to live. In fact, my father is 83, and maybe in time I would definitely consider this facility for him. It's located in a safe environment. I would recommend The Terrace of Woodlands to others.

StahBrna June 22, 2011

Edenbrook has well-cared for grounds. The rooms are nice. My grandmother was able to keep a cat for as long as she was able to care for it. Though the experience was short-lived and ill-advised, it made her happy. There were a lot of group activities from what I understand, a diverse line up to meet everyone's hobbies. Those who came through did their best to get to know her while administering her treatments. The only problem that I saw outright with the place is the elevators were breaking a lot-- as in, they would be inoperable for an unknown reason. The staff was friendly and accommodating as long as bills were on time. I would definitely house another relative here provided it were necessary.

lilypad May 29, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

The living assisted living facility I visited was a well maintained facility which was run by people who really seemed to care about the residents. The overall condition of the facility was very nice and clean. Most of the workers treated the residents with respect and allowed them to feel like self sustaining adults. Another good thing about the center was the quality of the food. I personally ate there many times, and can say that the food was quite good. Our family friend, who was the person that we visited there, also enjoyed the food and the centers ability to cater to specific residents needs. The center provided several helpful services to the residents such as entertainment, transportation, and weekly events. The staff does a good job keeping organization of events in the facility.

From Brookdale The Woodlands

Brookdale The Woodlands provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Very home like environment. Small intimate spaces. Ambiance of a bed and breakfast. Nurse on staff. 24hr awake staff. Emergency pendants available.

Features of Brookdale The Woodlands

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Covered front porch with ceiling fans

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: varies based on census/acuity
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: State Licensed with Facility Certified for Alzheimer's and related Dementias
  • State License(s): 050724

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale The Woodlands