Sumter Place in The Villages

Overview of Ratings

3.7

November 23, 2016

By Donna775553

Sumter Place was very nice, but the price was expensive. The rooms, apartments, and dining area were nice too. The staff was very friendly and helpful -- especially the first person that I spoke to. When I called her back, she was very helpful and gave me a lot of information.

November 13, 2016

By Glenn885461

We had a really nice visit at Sumter Place Assisted Living, but it was just too big for us, and their activities were a little bit steeper than what we were used to. It was a beautiful place, and the accommodations are really nice. The staff who assisted us did a very good job of telling us what we would receive and what we would do there. There were a lot of activities, but most of them were things we didn't necessarily like. There were laundry services, a reading room, and a room where you can do puzzles. They showed us a 1-bedroom with a living room, a bathroom, and an extra room with a microwave where we could eat. The people who work there opened the front door for us and welcomed us, and they were very accommodating.

November 07, 2016

By Maria H.818711

The first thing I like about Sumter Place in the Villages is that you can use all their amenities and all the things they provide like golf, bowling, and getting discounts on different stores. You had access to all the entertainment. The dining area was very nice. The food was good. They have a lot of woodwork all over which I like, but the rooms are just too dark, and the furniture looks so cheap. The decorations are too dark and gloomy and make me feel moody. I was disappointed. It’s expensive. I think it’s like 3 or 4 stories, and I don’t care for that. It makes me too confined and too claustrophobic when you have to go either up the stairs, use elevators, and then go down hallways to get to your place.

September 11, 2016

By BN

We went to Sumter Place, you go in independent, move to assisted, and they got long term care. We liked that. Everybody was friendly, it was very warm, and when you walked in, you feel comfortable. The restaurant was open all, there’s no set time for meals, and they give you three meals there. They have excursions, activities, and a small pool, and they were within distance of a golf course. We loved the apartments very much; they had corner apartments that seemed to be larger than some of the others, and it was all decorated very nicely.

June 10, 2016

By David662041

Sumter Place is very nice and relatively new. They have independent living that operates under a different name, plus memory care and assisted living. It’s a pretty large, multi-story facility with a 24-hour café serving sandwiches, donuts, pie, cake, and various beverages that the residents can go anytime and get something to eat. The dining room is open from about 7 a.m. to 9 or 10 p.m. It also has a full-service bar and entertainment on a regular basis. The assisted living is an open concept. Instead of hallways, they’ve got living room areas situated every few hundred feet. The residents in the assisted living don’t have any large refrigerator or stoves or anything, but they have a microwave and a small refrigerator. I did not go in to the independent living side, but from what other people have told me that had parents living there, it’s regular apartment-style living with a fine dining restaurant facility.

April 17, 2013

My brother liked Sumter Place. It was a clean and small facility. They provided assistance to almost everything.

Let Us Search For You

Save Stress

Photos of Sumter Place in The Villages

Features of Sumter Place in The Villages

About Sumter Place in The Villages

Sumter Place in The Villages in a state-of-the-art Assisted Living Community with a Traditional Assisted Living, Licensed Adult Day Care Program and secure Memory Care Community, nestled in the heart of The Villages on SR 466A between Buena Vista Boulevard and Morse Boulevard. Sumter Place is a rental community and not a “buy-in” community and offers programs, services and amenities for seniors all within a golf cart ride to Lake Sumter Landing or Brownwood Town Squares in The Villages or Sumter Grand, our Independent Living Community, right next door. Our Residents can have access to all the same privileges, services and amenities offered to Villagers, should they wish.

Sumter Place opened in 2012 and has 108 apartments in our “neighborhood” concept design. With large common areas, a beautiful restaurant, activity areas and out-door putting green, Sumter Place offers a tremendous amount of activities, entertainment and opportunities for social engagement and stimulation. We are dedicated to compassionate care, dignity and providing a home-like environment for those who wish to live in The Villages.

Sumter Place Memory Care opened in late 2014 with 40 private studios, “neighborhood” concept design, home-like dining rooms on the first and second floor, excellent Memory-Related Disorders programming and life skills, outdoor garden and walk-way as well as entertainment and activities throughout the day to engage Residents with dementia or memory-related disorders.

Services:

• Rental community
    • 24-hour medical staff
    • Apartments fully carpeted and equipped with safety features
    • Assistance with medications and personal care
    • Check-in and emergency call-alert system
    • Chef-prepared cuisine served restaurant style
    • On-site physician clinic
    • Professional maintenance and landscaping including pest control
    • Respite care
    • Scheduled transportation for shopping, church and medical appointments
    • Senior Day Program
    • Weekly housekeeping including linen service (linen provided)

Amenities:

• Residents have the capability to experience the services and amenities of The Villages
    • (Access to 36 golf courses, 19 different recreation centers, pools, exercise club, polo club, tennis, pickle ball and much more)
    • Golf car parking and charging stations
    • Beauty/barber shop
    • Bistro with tasty treats and beverages available 24 hours a day
    • Electricity, water, cable and local telephone service included
    • Exercise gym
    • Golf car friendly
    • Multiple activity and game rooms
    • Personal laundry service
    • Pet friendly
    • Private dining room
    • WIFI wireless internet throughout

Sumter Place In The Villages is a premier, family-owned and operated rental community offering studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments with 24-hour medical staff, fine dining, social and recreational activities and programs, free scheduled transportation, housekeeping and linen service, bistro filled with complimentary tasty treats and beverages, beauty salon/barber shop, check-in and emergency call alert system, on-site physician clinic, exercise gym, wireless internet, screened putting greens, golf cart parking and plenty of individual vehicle parking.

Thank you for your interest at Sumter Place Assisted Living. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Sumter Place in The Villages