Garden Estates of Temple

5320 205 Loop, Temple, TX, 76502

Reviews of Garden Estates of Temple

Caring105530650 May 01, 2015

The staff were friendly and knowledgeable at Garden Estates of Temple. They took us around and showed us everything. The facility is nice and well kept. The rooms were nice and pleasant. The administration seemed to be fine, and it looks a good facility for people.

Caring101109850 March 31, 2015

Garden Estates over here is good. It is across the street from where I live. It is comfortable. They have the library bring them out books and things to read, and they have movies that they watch. It is also a more upscale place with people who have more money. The administrator is extremely friendly and very nice. They do real well, and I really can't think of anything that I could see they could drastically improve on. It has very good security. The people there are at a point where they can have their own cars. The people there have their own parking spots, and they can leave at any time they want to. If they want to go to a store at midnight, these people can get in their car and go. There is a lot of freedom there, and they can come and go as they want. They also have a van for people who do not have a vehicle to carry them to town or go to a grocery store or they have activities where they may leave for a show. The rooms are nice, and the people bring their own furnishings.

Caring84216350 January 06, 2015

Garden Estate is a very nice facility. The staff is lovely. I am happy with the facility except for the food. The rooms are the largest in anything we have here. I don't know what I think is best; it's just that it is a very nice facility. It is a very large facility; there are about 150 apartments. To improve, the place needs upgrading. It is in a cracked foundation, and they are examining it right now. They are under staffed, and the food is not good.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We are pleased to know that you were happy with our staff and facility, as we strive to give each and every resident the best quality of care and services possible. However, we are disappointed that you were not happy with the food. We have a great culinary team and I'd like to invite you back to the community for a complimentary lunch. We're always trying to improve our community, so any additional feedback that you can provide is much appreciated. Feel free to reach out to me directly at ncastilleja@seniorlifestyle.com or (312) 545-0352. Thanks, Nick Castilleja, Regional Director of Operations

gracee41 August 05, 2014

My mom is a former resident of Garden Estates. Things seemed to go well the first week or two after she moved in. Shortly after, the first issue arose. One of her meds went missing. Mgmt was in no hurry to replace it and said they would investigate. Never found it and pharmacy wouldn't replace it until closer to her next refill date. In talking to another resident's family member, found out it happened to them as well. They moved their mom out. There were several other issues in the short time my mom was there. They are too numerous to write here. Mgmt was never in a hurry to resolve anything it seemed and never in a hurry to return calls or e-mails. Director was almost overly pleasant but with a distinct "attitude". It was frustrating to say the least. On a positive note, there were a lot of activities and the food was good. I don't know how the other assisted living facilities in town compare but I can't recommend Garden Estates.

My name is Victoria Bryan and I am the Executive Director of Garden Estates. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Our top priority has always been the well-being of our residents and their families. We strive to create the best possible home like environment for the seniors we serve. I am very sorry to learn that you did not have a favorable impression of the community. I want to personally invite you to contact me directly. I would greatly appreciate another opportunity to show you why so many residents call Garden Estates “home”.

Peggy34 July 19, 2014

The staff at Garden Estates was very nice, very cordial, and very informative. They helped answer all of our questions. They were very nice people. The room had a kitchen, but it was more closed-in, so it felt smaller than it really was, and my brother didn't like that either. Their dining room was very nice and clean, though. It was very appealing. What I like best about Garden Estates is that it was a nicer facility, more up-to-date than the other one I saw. Their entryway was nice. It had a fireplace and coaches. There were lots of people sitting around talking.

residents brother April 09, 2014

My brother who is now 71 is a resident at Garden Estates in Temple, TX. He suffered a stroke 3 years ago and was unable to return home and was in need of day to day care. He is able to to function on his own, to a degree, but needs assistance in most areas of daily life. Since joining the community at Garden estates he is very happy and gets all the assistance he requires from cleaning to meals. I would recomend Garden Estates to anyone who has a loved one in need of assisited living

Marsha14 March 29, 2014

Garden Estates was a very, very nice facility, very clean and the staff was very helpful. Their in-house nurse did a little evaluation, and that's how I knew that mom needed a memory facility. It was not a memory facility, although it has locked front doors. The staff was very helpful and it was a very clean place. It seemed to be very modern and nice. We were just real impressed with it. It's just it wasn't a good fit for my mother.

Caring73652850 November 28, 2013

I've been looking at some places and one of them was Garden Estates of Temple. It's a nice place and very well kept. The staff are excellent and everybody is really friendly.

MollyM June 08, 2013

My Dad has been at Garden Estates for ten years. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. They do more than is expected of them. I highly recommend Garden Estates to anyone needing assistance in everyday living.

caring6182 June 28, 2012

It's not a very nice place and we were trying very hard to get my parents to move to somewhere else, but there aren't very many places available in Georgetown (TX) where they wanna be or one that's really close to Georgetown.

They don't clean the rooms there like they're supposed to. They're often running out of food sometimes very early in the main mealtime which is at lunch time. There is not a thing I like in that facility! The food is so terrible and inadequate that my parents just aren't happy with it. They get my sister to go get things for them and bring it there. It's a good thing my sister brings them food or they would have missed their meal! And what they call a dinner meal sometimes is an absolute joke! I don't know why they don't make something better or enough of it. Then on the extra stuff they're supposed to have one of the other five meals on the menu daily and most of those they don't have. There like five things on the menu that you're supposed to be able to get should you choose not to get the main menu for the day but, very often they don't even have those. A lot of people there have complained about the food. That's not unusual at all and it seems like there's a big turnover. A lot of people move in and 3 or 4 months later they're moving out.

I'm absolutely not recommending this facility. The staff answers our questions but they tell you what you wanna hear and don't follow through on it. So they made all kinds of promises to my mom and dad before they moved in there. Also, there's a little garden area in the back that's usually too hot for older people to sit down, very specially this time of the year. Otherwise there's some seating in the main lobby as you come through the door. Other than that there's a card room which isn't used very often. A library that doesn't have much in it. It's just not very accommodating! Your kinda stuck in your room because there's not any place that makes you feel like your comfortable going there to sit and visit with other people. I'd really like them to improve on a lot of things. Mom and Dad are not happy there.

ssiler1950 February 28, 2012

Garden Estates of Temple Texas First, let me say that getting my mother to visit the facility was like herding a bunch of wildcats. There were claw marks from her favorite chair to the car and all the way up to the front door. Once we entered the facility, we were amazed by the wonderful environment inside. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, and the lady who handled our appointment gave us great information on the schedules of activities, the cafeteria and menu choices, and the cost of living at Garden Estates. During our tour of the building, we noticed how clean and maintained all areas were. Mother tried to put one more roadblock up by saying she would only live in a first floor apartment. Thankfully, there was one available and we were able to move in the next week. From the very beginning, it was a joyful experience for my mother and a great relief for our family. She had lived by herself for almost 10 years, and we had some reservations that she would fit in with other people. However, it was like a flower that had not bloomed forever suddenly breaking out with blossoms. She had the greatest experience at Garden Estates- the food was good, she knew or made friends with a large number of other residents, and she took part in many of the activities that the Estates hosted, particularly the Sunday service and sing a longs that took place there. And when the call came that mother had not shown up for breakfast, the staff relayed the message with such grace and understanding, that it helped lessen the impact that she had passed into a better place. Stan S.

From Garden Estates of Temple

Senior assisted living at Garden Estates of Temple offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Garden Estates of Temple, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Temple has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Garden Estates of Temple, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Available 7 days a week for tours and visits.___ Only community in Temple offering assisted living and independent living options___ All inclusive pricing (excluding care services and personal expenses)___ Our community offers seasonal cuisine that is well balanced and nutritious. ___ Manager on site 7 days a week___ Conveniently located adjacent to the I35 corridor

Features of Garden Estates of Temple