Cambrian Assisted Living

333 N Occidental Highway, Tecumseh, MI, 49286

Reviews of Cambrian Assisted Living

Caring111954550 August 21, 2015

I visited Cambrian Assisted Living. The facility itself was very nice. The staff was lovely. They gave us a tour, and we saw the whole facility. They answered all our questions. They were very gracious. The rooms were not spacious, but they were clean and well appointed. We went to the dining hall, and there number of things posted on the board as we entered. It looked like they had many things going on. I would recommend it. I thought if someone was looking for a facility, that was a very nice one.

Caring100450750 February 11, 2015

My father-in-law is in Cambrian. It is a beautiful place. People are very nice and very helpful. We are very happy with it. The building out in front is an assisted living, but we are not there for that. They build a brand new section that just opened up in September for memory care. It has very good security. The doors are locked. You have to buzz, and somebody will let you out. There are always people around if you need someone. I am not sure what the number was as far as the ratio of the help to the patients, but it seems like there is a lot of help.

Anonymous101194950 January 30, 2015

I thought the Cambrian was nice. They had a lot of meeting areas. It seemed like every corner had a living room type area for family to meet. I thought the rooms were a little expensive. They had a nurse on staff which was nice, and one gentleman took me on a really nice tour of the facility. Probably the biggest thing about it was I thought it was kind of pricey. My son-in-law’s grandmother who was there did not like it but that does not mean my dad would not like it as well if he was to live there. The staff was very accommodating. Everything but the price was good.

Judy78730250 December 29, 2014

Cambrian was the only place that got back to my folks. They had a dual occupancy open, and so my dad -- even if there was nothing wrong with him mentally -- is in the same room with my mom. But it is so gorgeous, and the staff is phenomenal. They are so kind and respectful to my parents. My mom with her Alzheimer's can sometimes be so frustrated and irritable, but they just still laugh and joke with her, and she is joking and laughing back with them. My dad would beep them, and they would just come and take care of everything. They are eating their meals and eating better. All the aides and the nurses are just wonderful. They take care of all their medications and are taking care of it all; they made everything smooth for us.

They have puzzle therapy that's on the table all the time to work on and game closets too. My mother said she didn't want to do anything, but to my knowledge, they are already taking her for wheelchair rides and walks through the place and taking her down, sitting, and talking with her. They have crafts and other activities. It's only been two weeks, but they've been encouraging, and mom is going to be having physical therapy and occupational therapy, so that is going to take some time too. We had such a hard time getting mom to bathe, but they have a gorgeous bathroom, and she loves it now. I am just thrilled. It has been mostly personal care right now. They take them out when the weather is better and on excursions and stuff. They also have an enclosed courtyard that is really lovely, and in the spring and summer, they take the residents outside almost every day.

LoveCambrian June 28, 2014

My relative lived their for over 8 years. The staff is wonderful. The care is outstanding. They have many activities for the residents. The food is great. Excellent communication between Staff and Resident's Family Members.

Happyresident June 28, 2013

Fabulous caring staff, very responsive to resident. All of the staff seem like they truly care about the residents and treat them like family. This is assisted living and they strive to help residents keep their independence. The facility is beautiful and well-kept. Lots of activities for everyone, love that staff even come on days off to visit residents and participate in events.

Lucy3 October 18, 2012

Cambrian Assisted Living keeps it's residents independent and mobile! My aunt lives here and often goes to activities and enjoys socializing with the other residents. It's almost like a dorm for the elderly! Everyone is friendly and likes to chat, including the staff. Each staff member makes you feel like you're the only other person in the room! The lady I talked to was very friendly and knowledgeable. You could tell she really cared about the people she worked for and with. This facility also invites the elderly in the surrounding areas to come over for dinner and meet the residents. They provide great food and always invite you to come back. Some people have told me that assisted living homes dent the residents' independence, but Cambrian Assisted actually enables them to remain quite independent. It's a very beautiful home with lots of nice furniture. The only negative thing is that my great aunt had to wait a few weeks to get in here as it is often at full capacity and is a popular, affordable facility.

Christine B August 24, 2012

Very caring staff. They go out of their way to help and make sure mom has what she needs. The food is very good and the dining staff makes sure the residents are happy and have what they need. They are always very welcoming to guests.

Overloaded June 21, 2012

Great food, aides were very nice and pleasant until health declined. Most of the aides were not patient or trained to handle anxiety, OCD, or depression. They made resident feel like she shouldn't be there and told her she needed to be put in nurseing home. This was not for them to judge. This made the situation even worse for resident and family.

From Cambrian Assisted Living

Cambrian provides a special combination of accommodations with personalized support services and health care designed to respond to the individual needs of those requiring assistance with activities of daily living. You can reach them at: (517) 423-5300.

Location of Cambrian Assisted Living