The Cove at Tavares Village

1501 Sunshine Parkway, Tavares, FL, 32778

Reviews of The Cove at Tavares Village

caring010401 April 24, 2014

Overall, The Cove at Tavares Village was good. All the staff made themselves available, and they answered any questions I had. They were extremely friendly too. The community offers independent living as well as assisted living and memory care services. It's a good, gradual move from independent living into an environment that provides more care. The accommodation is not quite as good, compared to where my mom is right now. But they are more concerned with the services that are available.

Caring4535 September 16, 2013

The assisted living area of Waterman Cove was bright and cheerful. The rooms were very well lit. The cost was not very expensive but the care was very well. Some of the people I knew loved it there. There was always someone from the staff who helped them out. The dietitian did a very good job in providing nutritional meals. They had activities that kept the residents happy, a bus took them shopping or to the doctors a couple of times a week. There was also a beauty shop on site and other amenities were in there for them to enjoy. In the independent living area, it was like living in your own apartment. They had one bedroom apartment, which were clustered into four. They got one meal a day at no cost. The residents could also use the transportation for shopping and doctor's appointments. It was always well groomed.

Caring8934 May 14, 2013

I liked the facility very much and I would be happy to go there. What I liked best about this facility is that I could have a separate living area until I needed assisted living.

PAM01 April 02, 2013

Our mother has been at Waterman Cove for well over a year in the safe harbor memory unit. We were very happy with the facility and the outstanding staff. They are very caring and dedicated. The facility is very clean and safe. Our mother has been very happy there.

Unfortunately the facility was sold recently to a for-profit company. When our mother entered Waterman Cove, an application was submitted to the Veteran's Affairs for the assisted living benefits she is entitled to as the widow of a veteran. The VA has not responded in over a year. Without the VA benefit payment, she is in arrears and the new owners (of only about a month!) are throwing her out. The back payment from the VA would settle her bill and she would be able to pay for everything going forward. This is so unfortunate because it was such a great facility while it was a nonprofit. Money talks - a lack of it speaks volumes. For profit is just that - For Profit, not for people.

Caring0162 March 22, 2013

Waterman Cove was a facility I visited when I was looking for a place for my sister. I liked the lay-out and floor plan of the building. The rooms were shared, there were 2 beds. There was also a small garden area where the residents can go out to. I really felt at home, and I thought my sister would love it there. The staff were very cordial, professional and caring. I would recommend this facility to other people who wish to put their loved ones in a safe place.

About The Cove at Tavares Village

The Cove at Tavares Village is an assisted living facility in Tavares, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Cove at Tavares Village for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of The Cove at Tavares Village