Osprey Lodge Assisted Living and Memory Care of Tavares

1761 Nightingale Lane, Tavares, FL, 32778

Contact Now

Reviews of Osprey Lodge Assisted Living and Memory Care of Tavares

Anonymous97469050 October 29, 2015

We have my husband in Osprey Lodge since November. The food can be a little bit better, but the surroundings are beautiful. It is clean. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They have an entertainment coordinator or a life health coordinator who plans programs and does a wonderful job.

Cynthia112593150 August 28, 2015

We were going to move my parents at Osprey Lodge. It's a beautiful and nice place. The memory care was more like what we wanted. It had more people on staff from what we saw and observed. They have a lot of really nice activities for memory care, and they really tried to engage them as much as possible. They can do nature walks, and they have swings; it's beautiful place for people to come and visit their loved ones. It doesn?t have the look of an assisted living or Alzheimer?s unit; it looks like you are at a resort vacation. We felt they would get taken care of well there.

Anonymous108383350 June 08, 2015

Osprey Lodge was a very nice place. I recommend it to anybody that can afford it. It looked more like a hotel. It was very pleasant. They had activities most of the time. They had a wine bar where the residents can go sit, have wine, and listen to music once a week. They also had a dining area where the family can come and dine on birthdays and things like that. They had cards, movies, and chair exercises. They had a billiard room as well where the men can play pool. They were very pleasant. The people that work there were very good.

Elizabeth108385850 March 27, 2015

My mother was very ill, and they could not stay in their place anymore. So we placed her in an assisted living facility in Florida for the time being. It is Osprey Lodge in Tavares. The builder's father had Alzheimer's, so he built it with kind of the Alzheimer's patient in mind. It has the regular assisted living and memory care in the same building. It is kind of a rustic Colorado lodge. It has wood floors and a great big living area with high ceilings. It is really very nice. The back of it has a huge porch that looks out on the lake. The chef is changing, so I cannot speak for the future, but they have an Italian chef that comes in 4am every morning to make homemade pastries. I had lasagna there with the meal I ate, and it was comparable to any good Italian restaurant I've gone to. Their food is excellent. They have a little café which has a dispenser for coffee or orange juice. Homemade baked goods are always there and little snack items. They have a calendar every month, and then every night at dinner, they get a calendar for the next day printed out and given to them. They have a lot of things like they have a morning walk by the lake. They have different exercises, and they have entertainment that comes in. They do a lot of trips to grocery store but also to site seeing things, or they plan different events. Normally every day at three o'clock they have something going on down in the café like Milkshake Monday. There are a lot of things going on, and they have different groups for like bingo and people that get together that play dominoes. I'm totally impressed with the care. My mom and step dad are on the same floor actually in the nurse's station. It is a special rating where they can actually keep someone until the end of their life. They are very happy with it. Coming home and being that far away, I feel they are in good hands.

Timematters February 22, 2015

The building itself is nice, but the services are poor. The food isn't much better than fast food and the service is very slow. They used to provide residents with 6 food tickets per month so family and friends could eat with the residents. No more. And they charge an outrageous amount to eat there. They also can't deal with special meals like vegetarians which seems odd. Housekeeping stopped supplying plastic bags for the trash and now the residents are supposed to supply the bags themselves. Though the hospital is less than a half a mile away, they won't pick residents up from there, though they will take them to doctors appointments. They raised the rents again and for what you get, it isn't worth the money.

LEEMAC February 19, 2015

My relative has been in a facility called Osprey Lodge in Tavares about 20 minutes from where we live. She went there early October. This is an excellent facility. The aides there are good, and the management is good. The rooms are beautiful, and they're quite large. They have two major rooms; one is called the Boulder, the other is a Colorado, and they are as big as an apartment. There are three rooms and a bath. The services are good. They have movies, and they have singers and musicians come in. They have bingo and a lot of different activities.

Caring100895450 January 13, 2015

Osprey Lodge is lovely decorated, but I find the food on the poor side. They don't have a gym or a pool. It is an assisted living, and I guess they feel that people are not capable of using those features. They do have people that come in to do physical and occupational therapy, but that is it as far as exercise is concerned. They do have a path around the place where the resident can take a walk if they want. Most of the other facilities assume you are a single person and don't accommodate couples. This particular facility has three small rooms and two baths, and that is the reason we chose it. This is the biggest facility for a couple that I could find.

Caring95200750 September 30, 2014

My mother is in Osprey Lodge for two months now. It is owned by some people I know from the Church. It is two years old. It is very nice, beautiful, gorgeous, but it is an expensive facility. It is working out very well.

Caring14346750 September 29, 2014

Osprey Lodge was very nice too. The ground was beautiful. It has very easy access. It’s a step up from another facility I looked at. It’s beautiful, upscale, and very expensive. The rooms were very, very nice. I’ve wanted to have lunch there but we just never got around to it. From what I’ve seen, I think the staff was alright. I guess the residents seemed happy enough.

Caring87011750 July 31, 2014

Osprey Lodge was a beautiful facility. It seemed very organized. They had a lot of activities, which was important for my mom. I thought the staffing was very adequate too. They were able to answer questions and they were all very helpful in offering recommendations. I looked the menu and the presentation of the area and out of all the facilities I had visited, I thought they were the top. They were very impressive. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. It was a larger facility and they offered many activities. They have crafts, they take them on tours and they have a dog there that they could pet if they choose to. They have a library. They have movie nights. They just have a whole list of activities. Also they have plenty of parking in the area.

Leaf9 September 26, 2013

The Osprey House was the best one I've been to. They took me on a very nice tour and they were all very friendly. The facilities were top notch. The rooms were very nice.

Caring0493 July 24, 2013

My husband stayed at Osprey Lodge for about a month before he passed away. We chose it because it was close to my daughter and it was brand new, beautiful, didn't have any odors and kept-immaculate. His apartment had a bedroom, bathroom and sitting room. They treated him very well, showered him everyday and brought him downstairs for his meals. I liked that when he buzzed the staff, they came immediately. They also had activities like movie night, meetings, wood workshop for men or just sat outside. The food was good too. I would recommend this place to others.

From Osprey Lodge Assisted Living and Memory Care of Tavares

Located on the banks of Lake Frances, Osprey Lodge offers the rustic warmth of a Colorado Lodge within the picturesque rolling hills of Central Florida. We serve residents in the region surrounding Tavares, Mount Dora, Eustis, Leesburg, Lady Lake, and Lake Mary.

You will find that the lifestyle and culture of Osprey Lodge is a unique approach to senior living. We provide high-quality health care services, and an environment of socialization and volunteerism that provides connections, joy and daily purpose. Our standards for these services and amenities are upheld by our dedicated and experienced staff.

Community Features:

• Restaurant style dining
  • On site medical suite for visiting physicians, dentist & podiatrist
  • Cafe general store
  • Private dining room for family & guests
  • Full service beauty salon
  • Library
  • 24 hr staffing and emergency pendant
  • Complimentary laundry facilities on each floor
  • Vaulted screened-in patio with outdoor seating
  • Walking paths with lush landscaping
  • Resident dog walking area
  • Sitting room with lodge style fireplace
  • Play are for children

Apartment Features:

• Spacious apartments with 9 ft. ceilings
  • Kitchenette complete with full size refrigerator
  • Emergency response system
  • Walk in shower
  • Individually controlled heating and cooling
  • Wireless internet
  • Fire sprinkler system
  • Vertical and horizontal safety grab bars
  • Spacious closets with ample shelving

Personal Assistance:

• Clothing selection and dressing assistance
  • Escort to meals and activities
  • Bath and shower assistance
  • Incontinence assistance
  • Personal Hygiene Assistance

Medication Management:

• Coordinating medication with physician and pharmacist
  • Medication organization and distribution

Food Service Assistance:

• Meal reminders
  • Escort assistance to meals
  • Tray service to apartment during periods of illness
  • Resident self-monitor own meal selections

Transportation Coordination:

• Scheduled transportation to medical appointments
  • Planned outings and events
  • Grocer shopping and errands

Housekeeping and Laundry:

• Launder personal clothing in addition to one load per week
  • Change linens in addition to once per week
  • Freshen up bathrooms

Located on the banks of Lake Frances, Osprey Lodge offers the rustic warmth of a Colorado lodge within the picturesque rolling hills of Central Florida.

Features of Osprey Lodge Assisted Living and Memory Care of Tavares

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Minimum memory care rate: $5,200/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 45

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 12259