Brookdale Lake Tavares

1211 Caroline Street East, Tavares, FL, 32778

Reviews of Brookdale Lake Tavares

Deborah115545450 November 05, 2015

Brookdale Lake Tavares was nice, but it was too expensive. The staff seemed very nice; however, I didn't meet very many of them. The rooms were very pretty, but they were very small.

Caring107514150 August 05, 2015

Mom is at Brookdale Lake Tavares. The staff is excellent and very friendly. They always have a smile on their face. Their rooms are of good size, but I think they need updating. Their food is mediocre; it's not as good as the other place that she was. At the beginning she didn’t like it so much, but she is getting used to it. They have several activities, and I am very happy with the number of activities that they offer. They have exercise class, and they take them out to lunch one a month.

Caring110767250 July 29, 2015

Brookdale Lake Tavares was very nice. It had great views, and it was very clean. The rooms were very big. I like it a lot. The staff was very conscientious. They're very knowledgeable. Dining was great. There was a beautiful view in the dining room. It had a porch on the back looking over a lake. They have a menu with options. They also had all kinds of activities. They had transportation to a grocery store and to Wal-Mart, and also they had singers that come in.

Cindy106463150 May 28, 2015

I went to Brookdale Lake Tavares, and they have extremely small rooms. They have a tiny refrigerator. With their activities, I know they have bingo every day. They also have an elderly gentleman that comes in all the time that sings for about an hour and a half.

Helena9 October 16, 2014

The appearance on the outside of Grand Court Tavares didn't impress me. It looked like an apartment building. It was made out of brick and was three stories high. Then, I walked through the door and everything changed. Although they had a large dining room, the people who lived there had a council and were having a meeting going on while I was there. They were very vocal about what they would like to happen, do, and eat in that community. I think that's very nice. After that, I was taken up to the second floor. They had a lovely sitting area there that if you look down, you would be looking down the dining area. Adjoining that area was a library and another small room where people could watch tv. They also have a computer. On the second floor was a certified physical therapy department. They also had their own laundromat where you could to do your own laundry. The staff could do it for you if you pay extra. If you have the money, it was a nice place to live in.

Caring14346750 September 29, 2014

I was at Grand Court. I loved it. I was impressed with the rooms. I thought they were nice. I thought they were more than adequate. I thought the dining area was very very nice too. The food was great. The staff all seemed very nice.

Caring86945350 June 19, 2014

To me, Grand Court Tavares is an impressive place. This was the first facility that we visited. It's big with big grounds that you could become involved in without leaving the premises. I had lunch there and it was very good. I find the whole atmosphere excellent and perfect.

Caring85114250 June 19, 2014

My father is in Grand Court Tavares. I love the facility. It is very nice and clean. They have been very accommodating in helping out with my father, and they bent over backwards to make the transition easy for him. I really am impressed with the room because most of them are really small, but this one has a bedroom, a living room, a full bath, large closet, storage space, and a small kitchenette.

caring010401 April 12, 2014

I've looked at some places before deciding on Grand Court Tavares for my mom; it's a good facility. She has her good days and bad days, but I think it has something to do with her current mental situation and her age. It's strictly assisted living, but they do have 24-hour nursing care and minor rehab. She has a one-bedroom apartment with a kitchenette. I'm satisfied with where my mom is at right now.

Granddaughter1968 March 12, 2014

My grandmother( who is extremely picky) went there and at first she gave me a lot if resistance but that was to be expected because older people don't appreciate change. After a while of settling in, she liked it a lot.. I am very hands on with her.. I am there at least weekly if not twice a week and the staff are all very caring and seem like they truly and genuinely care about the residents .. I love it there !!! As long as she can afford to stay there, I will keep her there.. It is just that as her needs increase the type of " a-la-carte pricing gets very high .. Such as showering , cutting up her food for her, or seeing to it that she takes her meds .. And I would say that is the ONLY downfall .. If it even is one because I'm sure it is like that everywhere

Vi July 29, 2013

The rooms at Grand Court of Tavares were spacious enough. It was a nice and lovely facility.

DonaldN October 11, 2012

We had a tour and lunch at Grand Court. It was a very, very nice place. The staff was friendly. That was one of places my mom definitely would have wanted to.

Robert R May 17, 2012

The place is so close to where we live and it was more on our price range. We couldn't afford anywhere else. We went to a whole bunch of different places and they were just more than my mom has money for.

The money was the big thing plus it was close. The rest are farther away and the ones that weren't on the villages and stuff are way out of our price range. This one here has suited everything we needed. Not that she doesn't like it because she's living in a big house but other than that, things look pretty good. She's 94 years old so you're not gonna please her very often.

The facility is nice. It's very clean. The people are nice as you can find and they do everything they can to please us.

I already have recommended this facility to my nurse and she already had three people lined up.

From Brookdale Lake Tavares

Brookdale Lake Tavares provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Lake Tavares