Brookdale North Tarzana

5711 Reseda Blvd, Tarzana, CA, 91356

Reviews of Brookdale North Tarzana

Caring111443050 August 15, 2015

Brookdale North Tarzana was fine. It seemed very well-appointed. They were about to redecorate and, compared to where I was, I thought that it was really necessary. I did like it. The staff was very friendly, and I did like their coffee. I had lunch there, and it was OK. The room was far better than where I was.

Caring109559550 July 06, 2015

We are in Brookdale North Tarzana, and we are happy here. The staff has a wonderful attitude. The rooms are clean, beautiful, big, and wonderful. The food is fine and nutritious. There is plenty of it, and the service is good. The dining room set-up is fine.

They have outings and events all the time, but we do not participate much with them. The need to improve on probably the communication with the management because there is a change going on, but they are working on it.

Caring107351250 May 29, 2015

My father is at Brookdale North Tarzana, and I am very happy with the place. His room is lovely. It's bright and sunny. There is a glass sliding door. They do have lots of green plants, and it is lovely. The ceilings are high, and all the fixtures are new; it's very nice. The people there have been extraordinary. The director of sales has been very accommodating introducing me to everybody. My dad is not happy with the food. He doesn’t think it tastes very good, and he is not eating very much so that is a problem. They have many activities and several different kinds of exercise for the elderly. They have current events, memory class, journal writing classes, and sing alongs. They constantly have entertainment coming in and sometimes field trips where some of the residents go out and see a show.

Caring105633050 April 27, 2015

My mom is living in Brookdale North for about 2 months now, and she is very happy. The reason I choose it is because the minute I walk in, I have the feeling of warmth. A lot of places that I looked at are very neat, very beautiful, and very modern, but they are cold. The staff's work ethic is excellent from the director, all the way to the chef, to the recreation person and to the staff that cleans and takes care of the place. The only problem with the place is the parking. You have to park on the street, and it is not easy to find parking.

The thing that I like now that Brookdale has taken over is that they are going to be remodeling, repainting, and putting all new carpet and stuff. Not that it looks deep down and worn out -- that's the reason why I like it; it didn't look worn out, and it didn't have an odor when you walk in, no matter where you go. The bathroom on the first floor for the guests is immaculate. The staff is very compassionate, and that is very important. My mother speaks broken English because it is not her mother tongue, and there aren't others that speak her language there, but it doesn't matter because they all get along so beautifully.

My mother is very pleased there. She is not happy to go to an assisted living because she is so independent, but then she came down with shingles and had horrible pain. I brought her to live with me, but I cannot continue taking care of her because I also have my own issues with health. It became very clear that she will need to go somewhere not a nursing home, but an assisted living place, and I look at dozens of places. When I walked into this one, I felt good. It is 10 minutes from the house, and I can drop in anytime. In fact, I take her to the doctor, and if she needs anything, I can go get it and bring it to her.

Caring84924050 July 19, 2014

I was able to visit Emeritus at Tarzana, and the staff were extremely helpful. I spent a long time there, and they took me on a complete tour. The young man that accommodated me was very detailed in his explanations and told me just about everything that I wanted to know. I was very well informed and very well oriented to the place. I saw one room, and it looked quite adequate. Some of the residents looked happy, busy, or bored.

Peggy33 July 02, 2014

We found Emeritus Tarzana to be just about the right price for us and reasonable. The people are friendly, and it seemed like a nice facility. The rooms seemed to be a reasonable size for the price. We had a sample meal for lunch. The food was tasty. This is an older facility, but they're also, price-wise, cheaper. Overall, we were satisfied with what we saw. Otherwise, we wouldn't put my in-laws in there. It would've been nice if they had a bigger garden area for them to walk around in, but you can't change that. The building is what it is. So it's just a small inner court. There's nothing in particular that we saw as a problem.

Cheryl32 June 26, 2014

Emeritus at Tarzana wasn't as modern as others. It looked like it's never been updated, and it wasn't as clean. They had wallpaper on the walls and you could see that it was kind of peeling off. The carpets were not clean. The rooms were OK, but they weren't as nice as the others. There was one room with a patio that they showed us. But the patio opened out to three units. My mom would never go out there. The other rooms were OK. To me, there was no way Mom would go there. It just was not as nice as the others. This one needed some work done on it.

The staff was very friendly, very knowledgeable, and they answered all our questions. They showed us to everything, including the laundry rooms, and they will do the laundry for you for an extra charge. The same with dispensing meds or anything like that. We saw the cafeteria, and it was nice. Everybody sat at the same table all the time. So you were assigned people to sit with. I don't know if that's good or not, because if my mom's at a table with someone she doesn't care for, then she's not going to go downstairs to eat.

Kenneth11 February 26, 2014

I recently moved here in Emeritus at Tarzana, here in Tarzana, California. I choose this place because it was the best facility and the best staff I ever met.

Rob2 February 14, 2014

My father in law was at Emeritus at Tarzana for 2 months. The facility was great, they did all they could but he just want to be with family. They seemed clean inside and the pricing was very reasonable. The room was nice and clean. It had a balcony to the outside. They were kind enough to give some furniture. By the time he was there, they provided him with the TV but I think they don’t normally do that. My wife went with him to the activities. They have regular movies, bingo and outings. It all seemed really good.

Lita1 October 15, 2013

I'm very happy here in Emeritus at Tarzana. I came here about a month ago after my surgery. I came here and I had it scheduled so that I won't be alone when I came home from the hospital. To me, that was the right thing to do because they took really good care of me. I felt that if there was any problem at that time, there would be somebody that would take care of me. That's what I like best about this facility. They have a caring staff. They're just great! We have a nurse on-duty and she is also wonderful. It really all comes from the top actually. They're totally professional and well-trained. We have a good director. I feel very cared for here. I just can't say enough good things about the staff. I also like the peacefulness about the place. There is a beautiful garden in the center of the building that I frequent. I have a room with a private bathroom. I'm very pleased with the food that they have for us. In terms of activities, there is a schedule everyday posted so that we know what's going on. There are two lounges where they show films and movies. We also have arts, crocheting, and knitting, etc. There are just a lot of things going on here and we have the liberty to participate or not. Overall, this is a very good facility and I'm very happy here. They have gone above and beyond.

Frank15 September 12, 2013

We have already found a place for my mom. It is Emeritus at Tarzana. All her furniture is there and she is going to take occupancy on the 1st. We decided on Emeritus mainly because of the friendliness of the staff and the management as well as the cleanliness of the place. It is also within our budget. It is an older facility but very clean and well kept.

George35 August 01, 2013

Emeritus at Tarzana was all dirty, a little dark and a little outdated.

From Brookdale North Tarzana

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale North Tarzana