Brookdale Tarpon Springs

Overview of Ratings

3.6

December 22, 2011

By tampabayCNA

Freedom Inn At Tarpon Springs is a well manicured facility. Freedom Inn buildings pretty much are all externally appealing in my opinion. Once you enter the facility the first thing you notice is how it feels as if you just entered a five star hotel lobby. Large and open common areas and rooms designed specifically for activities for the residents. The outdoor common area is large and beautifully manicured also. Each room is more of a apartment style set up. Most rooms have a living room, a kitchenette and at least one bedroom. The dinning area is large and resembles a restaurant. The food at Tarpon Freedom Inn is absolutely wonderful, and you can chose from two meal options, and the kitchen is attentive to special meal considerations such as , peanut free or diabetic meals. The staff at this facility seemed like they have a lot of work on their hands, but are efficient and effective. This is a great building!

November 29, 2011

By virtual reader

Upon arriving at Freedom Inn of Tarpon Springs I noticed there was ample parking for staff and visitors, but the landscaping could sure use some improvement. After checking in at the front desk I took the initiative to tour the facility. I happened to meet several residents and they went on the tour with me. I noticed there was not many amenities, no swimming pool, if you want to sit outside, you will have to sit out on a bench in the sun. The residents that accompanied me on my tour did say that the facility will make arrangements to provide transportation for residents that need assistance to get to doctor's appointments. I arrived not long after breakfast so did not get to view the meals, but the residents said that the meals were ok. When I viewed the resident rooms, they were all studio apartments and very cozy, but could not fit much in the room. The rooms all had private baths though. The three things I did not care for the most were: 1. Only noticed one staff member during the entire visit. 2. No one was stationed at the front check in desk, so security was not great. 3. The residents rooms did not offer emergency call lights. The three things I did like were: 1. Ample parking 2. Nice dinning room. 3. Bright interior.

Features of Brookdale Tarpon Springs

About Brookdale Tarpon Springs

Brookdale Tarpon Springs provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Tarpon Springs