Brookdale Carrollwood

13550 South Village Drive, Tampa, FL, 33618

Reviews of Brookdale Carrollwood

Evette1 September 30, 2015

I visited Brookdale Carrollwood for my mother. It was very nice. The whole layout of the place, I really like it. From what I saw, they were really hands-on. The people were enjoying themselves. The layout of the rooms was very nice. I like that as well. They were very spacious and very clean. They have a lot of activities and that would be awesome. It seemed like a very nice place. It is very easy to get to. The grounds were very nice and very nicely kept. What I saw was very clean and very hands-on, and those I like too. The staff was very attentive.

Richard110571650 July 21, 2015

I liked the feeling that Brookdale is very well run. They have hallways -- which are really long -- and rooms opening on either side of the hallways. They showed me a model room furnished by a contractor; it was nice, and if I decided to move there, I would have to furnish the room. The bathroom was small, but it was fine. They have special dining rooms with tables for eight or ten, and these tables were set very nicely. The staff I met was very nice. They have a big open room with a piano, and they have a crafts shop.

Tom104627150 March 31, 2015

Our experience is absolutely wonderful. Brookdale Carrollwood is a great community. The facilities are fabulous. They are just very upscale, clean and bright. The staff does everything that we hope it would be. They are very kind, caring and very attentive. My mother-in-law has been there about six week and it is much nicer than anything else that we looked at in the Tampa area for assisted living. They are always busy doing something there like music, movies, ice social parties and happy hour. This is going all day long. She likes the food a lot. The dining room is very classy with white table cloths, nice furniture, and very good service. All the food is homemade -- even the soup and deserts. They get a menu with each meal so they have several choices. It is very nice, and she is eating very well.

Connie44 January 04, 2015

As far as location, Brookdale Carrollwood would have been better for my mother. The rooms were all very nice, and the staff seemed to be very accommodating. They offer a little bit of physical therapy and laundry. They have game rooms, gyms, and card rooms where they can do activities, there is also a hair salon, and you can also have a pedicure done if you wanted to. They have doctors who come in weekly just to check out the patients if they need extended care.

We did not eat in the facility. However, we did see the menus on a 5-week schedule so the foods are not repeated for 5 weeks, and if some residents do not want what the main meal was for the day, they can always get a hamburger, a sandwich, a soup, or whatever.

Caring97190150 November 19, 2014

My father is in Emeritus at Carrollwood. I like the people. I love the nurses, but some of the people are really old, and my father even though he is almost 90 he is younger. They have a big community always in the lobby, and I love that. I love the members there and the staff. My dad tends to be a grouch, and they are so wonderful to him. The room he uses is a very nice, clean room. It is big room, and it is really pretty. It has a view of the views and these people planting on another lot. Their maintenance man is wonderful. Any little thing that happens, he is right there. My dad loves him, and my dad doesn't like that many people.

They have just about everything on activities. They have lunch-bunch where they go out to eat if you want to. They have bingo and card games. They have someone at the lobby playing something, there is a tenor, and there is a guy with a banjo that comes all the time. There is always something like for Octoberfest; they all have sausages, polka dancing, and they make these little things for women like a flower hair bands.

However, it is more of an independent living, and I just don't know what to do. Like the other day he hurt his knee, and they helped him up but nobody ever looks out anymore. I don't know what an assisted living versus independent living is. I don't know what to expect from them because it is an independent living. I don't know if it is my responsibility to check him or if somebody there is to check him. That's one thing that I don't understand, but that's my fault.

Caring93407450 August 27, 2014

I was very pleased with Emeritus. It was very clean and the individuals who took me on the tour were very helpful and courteous. That was a very good experience but we decided to keep my mom at home. The place was very nice and I would have no problem putting my mother there if I had to. The staff was excellent and very helpful from the time I walked through the door. They gave me a sheet that had the list of activities they do. The rooms were very clean and had locks on the doors for the individual. They have two very nice dining rooms -- one for everyone, and a little private dining room if you wanted to have meals with just your parents or the individual that was there. I didn’t see anything wrong when I visited the facility.

Brenda42 July 31, 2014

Emeritus was a really pretty facility, but I didn't had that comfortable homey feeling when I walked in. There was really not a lot of diversity there, it was mainly white older women. Even though my mom and I were white, you needed a diverse mix of people in order to interact, learn about them and have lively conversations. It was just a very formal place and I don’t think my mother would be a good fit there. However, it was a very clean and nice facility. The room was nice. I met a few staff because I just went on a tour. They were very nice and kind. I would recommend it to anybody who was looking for assisted living facility to visit it because it might be a perfect fit to them as it was a very nice facility.

Caring1331 July 29, 2014

Emeritus at Carrollwood was lovely. The rooms looked very lovely. It was more like being in a fine hotel. In fact, if they had taken my sister, I would have told her to just stay there full-time. But they didn't take her, and she would not qualify. She needs more intense care than Emeritus is willing to give. They don't have the staff that can handle situations like my sister. You have to be able to help yourself, do a lot on your own, and she cannot do anything. They were very pleasant, and it looked like a very lovely place. They said yes, and then they called and said no.

LovelyLady000017 June 28, 2014

I just liked the overall atmosphere of the Emeritus at Carrollwood and the staff. They seemed to be very friendly and very caring. The rooms were very clean and bright.

SDR01 June 25, 2014

My mother has lived at Emeritus at Carrollwood for 4 1/2 years and loves it. Kristie, Kay, Diane, Michelle, Will, Samantha, Sonya, Tina, CC and the rest of the staff are fantastic. The staff always gets to know the residents and their family members by name which makes it feel more like a home. Emeritus offers a lot of activities for the residents including, bingo, church, music, happy hour, exercise and a few more. They also bring in dogs, miniature horses and miniature donkeys for the residents and their family members to pet. Each quarter they have an event for the family members to attend and the food and drinks are fabulous. Emeritus is always clean with a great housekeeping staff. They also have an adult day care program which my mom was in when she broke her leg. Once she decided to move out of her home, she told us I want to move to Emeritus because it was such a nice place. I would recommend Emeritus at Carrollwood to anyone looking for a great place to live.

LindaGBM June 22, 2014

The staff of Emeritus at Carrollwood are top notch. Their friendly attitude was responsible for my Dad's rapid adjustment to assisted living. He was surprised that the staff knew his name from the very first day. Dad's days are filled with three good meals, mind stimulating activities, music and entertainment all provided by a caring and professional staff.

Rebecca J. May 25, 2014

I can't thank Emeritus and their staff enough for all they did to help with my mother's transition to Emeritus. Kay, Kristie and ALL of the staff are truly caring, and extremely knowledgable when it comes to meeting the individual needs of their residents. My mother started going to Emeritus in the day program so that she could meet people and have structured activities. My goal was to have mom become a resident there eventually. She soon became part of the "Emeritus" family which made the eventual move much easier. She has improved GREATLY since she has move in. The areas which I noticed right away were her appetite, mood and overall happiness. She loves the food and has several new friends! I feel very secure knowing that she is there. I know that mom is thriving and well taken care of. Emeritus really works hard to make her feel at home. I visited many ALF homes in the area and really feel that Emeritus best fits her needs. The leadership and caring staff is what makes it happen. THANK YOU EMERITUS FOR HELPING MY MOM!

Carol79784750 April 11, 2014

Emeritus at Carrollwood is a really nice place. I like it because it's close to me. I was only shown two rooms. One was a studio, and I wanted one bigger than that. I would have liked to see a kitchen also. I was disappointed because they didn't want to bring food to your room. They have fewer activities. I'm not worried about that because my mom would have been OK with not so many things going on at a time.

Caring81302850 March 31, 2014

Emeritus at Carrollwood is a very beautiful facility. We were really impressed with them. The staff was very friendly and helpful with information.

Andrea17 March 28, 2014

Emeritus at Carrollwood was a beautiful facility. The staff was fabulous. You can see that they really love their jobs. They were very kind and seemed very concerned. They seemed to have a very good system of making sure that all the residents are all well cared for. I went to their St. Patrick's Day themed event, and that to me was really even more beneficial than the tour because I got to actually interact with the staff, and that's how I could tell that the staff really did their jobs. They seemed to really care about their residents. They were really nice and really a lot of fun. They just seemed very energetic and very helpful. They also have activities there. Just last week, they invited us back to an activity, which I thought was very nice. They have a game room where they have games and stimulation for the seniors. Also, the food there was delicious. Everything about the community is favorable for me. It really works with what they charge because the community is absolutely beautiful. Aside from assisted living, they also offer memory care. I definitely would recommend them to others without hesitation.

Caring73596850 November 22, 2013

Emeritus at Carollwood was very nice and clean. It was definitely for people who don't need a lot of care. The staff had been pretty good. The rooms were pretty big. Unfortunately, in my program it was semi-private. So, they had to have a roommate, but they were decent in size. They had a lot of activities. They had an activity director who seemed to have activities at least three times a day.

Robert73993450 November 22, 2013

Emeritus at Carrollwood was a very nice facility. It was impressive, neat and clean. The rooms were quite large. A studio deluxe was almost 300 square feet and a large studio was 322 square feet. The price they have on those was under the average for facilities here in Tampa. The one staff that we met was a very knowledgeable individual and very businesslike. They also have some nice activities there. I saw was a group of people playing cards together and another group of people watching a program on TV. They had some type of special program for the people in the facility and it was very nice. This facility would probably be the one I would pick.

Jeff11 September 12, 2013

Emeritus at Carrollwood was a very nice. They have lots of trees around the facility itself. They have activities and board games there. There is also a shuttle where they could bring residents to go to the mall a couple of times a week. They also have board games, etc. The rooms they have are nice. It is a nice facility and I would definitely recommend it.

Edward8 July 24, 2013

I looked for a place for my mother because she had dementia. I went to Emeritus since it was near my place. When I went there, the staff were very nice and they didn't rush me. They took the time to answer my questions and they had been very caring. They understood the situation with my mother. One of the staff called me once every two weeks to follow-up and check how my mom was progressing. They had been very good and I had high consideration for them if my mom needed to go in a facility.

Barbara45 July 11, 2013

My mother really liked the Emeritus at Carrollwood when we visited, and she said, "Oh, I could live here." The woman that showed us around was very, very nice to her and my mother really felt comfortable. Everything just went really well and we even talked to the residents as we went by. They were saying they liked it there, and that meant a lot to us. Everyone just seemed very happy.

Charles 1 April 18, 2013

Emeritus at Carrollwood is about six miles away from where my mom is right now. The place was very nice and clean. They've got a private dining room that looked like a restaurant, and where you can order food. I think the best thing about it were the people and the patients. Everyone seemed very helpful, charming, always speaking and conversing, and very happy. I'd be happy if my mom moves in there.

mrsslj September 15, 2012

My mother has been a resident of Emeritus for three years. Until lately we have been happy with the care she has been receiving. The staff has seemed caring and interested in her welfare. This past month, however, there has been a communication problem with the facility. When I received notice of the rate increase for the end of 2012 and then into 2013, I called the to discuss any possibility of an adjustment. This call was on August 28th, 2012. She informed me that there was nothing she could do, but that she would call corporate and get back to me. As of September 8th, I had not heard back from her. On the 10th of September, I was at the facility and asked see the director. I was told she was serving coffee. A few minutes later, I saw the receptionist talking to the director and she could not see me. She told the receptionist to tell someone, probably me, that she call her. I then talked to the director and she told me she had not talked to corporate yet. I am still waiting for a call. I then called corporate and left call back requests on two different answering systems and have not heard from them either. You would think that after over $100,000 they would at least call. Again, there is nothing wrong with the service we have been provided and the my mother now considers Emeritus her home. As her family, we are trying to ensure that she the funds to remain in her new home.

Caring504551 March 15, 2012

I live in Virginia. I was searching for my Aunt. The first thing I noticed about this property was how beautiful and clean the property was. I visited other facilities in Tampa as well. But, what stood out about this property was how helpful and informative the staff was. I mean they were truly as nice as they could be.

DBugg January 31, 2012

Staff is extremely friendly and professional. My father is getting ready to move in and Kristie and Kay have helped me with all of the paperwork and logistics step by step. Everyone at the facility greets you when you enter, residents seem happy and the facility is very clean. It made our decision very easy once we toured the facility and spoke to Kristie. We knew this was the right place for my father.

Mike Stark January 28, 2012

My mother has been in Emeritus for over a year now and it is the third facility we have tried with her. Luckily, she loves living there and now our challenge is to get her to leave to take a short vacation or even an overnight trip. She always talks about all of the friends she has living there and how much she enjoys the food. When a better (in her view) room became available, we requested it for her and the staff was very accommodating: they explained the process, helped make the necessary arrangements, and most importantly were friendly as always. When we take her great-grandchildren for a visit, she lights up along with many of the other residents that live there. It is not a tired, old, and dank place to live, the people are pretty lively and all seem to enjoy their lives there. If we had one complaint, it's that she never wants to leave and she's always in a hurry to get back.

virtual reader December 12, 2011

I noticed the very well cared for landscaping and beautiful building with plenty of parking for staff and visitors. When I went inside I was met by a very friendly staff member and was giving a wonderful tour of the facility. I noticed the large library, computer room, beautiful dinning room and the facility also offers a private dinning room for residents that wish to have family and friends join them for meals. The interior of the facility is beautifully and colorfully decorated and the residents rooms are all quite roomy with private bathrooms. This facility offers various activities for their residents, transportation to doctor's appointments and also offers short term stays as well as long term. As I was enjoying my tour I noticed several of the residents along with a staff member outdoors caring for the plants and as my tour host advised me they offer gardening to anyone interested along with many other activities. The facility offers to their residents the choice of either studio, one bedroom or two bedrooms and each have a small kitchenette. This facility is very pet friendly as well.

MelanieParisey May 04, 2011

Resident

I was a happy person until I moved here! Everything that could go wrong, has. Starting with the food, nothing is real. Everything is instant or precooked: Instant rice, mashed potatoes, precooked carrots {which they serve almost daily}, bacon, pancakes, everything! Think airplane food! I cannot count the number of times I have called for them and no one ever showed up! I have had to use my cell phone to call the front desk for help many, many times. Running out of room.

brennans5 March 07, 2010

care of husband with parkinson's disease for 15 months

After taking care of my husband Ed for over 6 years at home, it became evident that i could no longer care for him at home. Family members, including our daughter, a doctorate of physical therapy, a son,an attorney and myself a registered nurse, we decided after many other places that Emeritus was the place for my husband, and father of our 5 children. We were thoroughly pleased with his care....the staff, including physical therapist, Kyle, and Cathy, the home health nurse were exceptional. The staff was wonderful, taking exceptional care of Ed, even his neurolist said it was the best place for him ..It was also close to our home.... All five of our children were delighted with his care and the care of Hospice. Would recommend Emeritus of Carrollwood for their care of my husband of 51 years !!!!!. Still involved with the facility as i consider the residents "my extended family". grateful for Emeritus and Hospice. rose brennan, R.N. , tampa, fl.33618 . rose brennan, R.N. tampa,fl. emeritus, carrollwood.

From Brookdale Carrollwood

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #9134

Features of Brookdale Carrollwood

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Ice cream parlor

• Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 10
  • Minimum age: 60

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 9134