Allegro Hyde Park

800 West Azeele Street, Tampa, FL, 33606

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Allegro Hyde Park

November 30, 2015

We chose Horizon Bay because we liked it and our daughter lives close by. We are pleased with where we’re going. We don't live there yet, but we’re moving in.

November 13, 2015

By SASHA101

I LOVE HORIZON BAY OF HYDE PARK THE STAFF ARE GREAT THE RESIDENTS ALL SEEM REALLY HAPPY ITS VERY CLEAN AND WELL KEPT.THERE SO MANY THINGS TO KEEP THE RESIDENTS ACTIVE AND TO MAKE THEM FEEL AT HOME.HORIZON BAY IS PERFECT

April 27, 2015

By Sandra104944050

Horizon Bay at Hyde Park is a relatively new community about four or five years old. It had a couple of amenities that the other community I visited did not have. It has a movie theater, a pool, and its own dining room with its own menu. It also has a lounge on the sixth or seventh floor. It is a big place with its own relatively large balcony. I think it initially started out to be for residents just looking to relocate to a community because they were tired of maintaining a home. They are now catering to clients that require assistance. They have now home-help aides that are attached to the clients. It is clean, and it is impressive when you walk in. The people are kind and receptive too.

June 30, 2014

Horizon Bay - Hyde Park was most impressive. It was a different feeling there; it was more uptown, more luxurious. The rooms, I believe, had amazing kitchens if you wanted that. I said, "If you don't want a kitchen, can you alleviate that?" And they said that they could take the oven out, but you would still have the pantry. They were most accommodating on that. The views weren't the best, but there was so much to do, and if you had the curtains, they were light; they were not dark and depressing like many motels, hotels, boarding houses, and hospitals are. But it was light and airy, there was room, and you didn’t feel like you were in an ALF or the old perception of an ALF from years gone by. It was very nice, very nice indeed. Sanitation was very good; I did not smell any urine, unlike some of the other ALFs that I have visited. It was exceedingly clean, and yet there was not a presence of maids hovering over you every five feet or anything. It was very tastefully done; it was nice and clean, the outside gardens were beautiful, and the whole thing was wonderful. They also have a floor that has the sports television, and it has a bar and entertainment, pool tables, they have entertainers come in, and they take the people down to the convention center for some of the concerts and things like that, so I think that one was just amazing.

March 27, 2014

We did visit Horizon Bay, and I like them a lot. The reason why we didn?t go with this facility is that they really don?t have an independent living apartment. They have some that they call independent, but it is still more like assisted. The rooms didn?t have any kitchens, and that is not what we are looking for. The staff who accommodated us were very nice. The facility is in a nice location, too.

July 24, 2013

The rooms are like apartments with a complete kitchen in Horizon Bay. It was very majestic. The food was excellent. They have various dining rooms. We could have chosen this but it was a bit far from my son.

June 12, 2013

By Sandy K.

We moved my mom in Horizon Bay-Hyde Park about the middle of March. Though she will never be comfortable but in her own home, she is doing okay there. It's not that large of a facility. They have a variety of apartments, single-bedrooms, double-bedrooms. They also have a suite available. It includes a refrigerator, a burners and stove. The apartments and suite are very nice. Once a week they do laundry for the residents. Meals are available three times a day and coffee available 24 hours a day. They have exercises every morning at 10am. They also do field trips like grocery shopping or banking.

December 22, 2012

By J.Lodermeier

This facility is exceptional. My mother-in-law has been very happy with her stay. She is well enough to live independently, but still needs some care. The grounds and facility itself is incredibly upscale and beautiful. I wish I lived there, it's better than our one bedroom apartment in Carollwood. We go there to swim with her often, its a nice area where you can relax outside with your guests. My mother-in-law has been involved in lots of the activities they offer. They offer art classes and other classes to keep the residents busy. Since my father-in-law passed away, my MIL has been lonely and depressed. But since putting her in this facility she has perked up considerably and her health is doing much better. This is a really really great facility.

October 07, 2012

By caring10052

We're very pleased with Horizon Bay Hyde Park. My sister is living there. It's one of the best I've seen for people who want to live independently within a facility and come and go. My sister is 70 and unable to drive. Other than having older people there with walkers and some in wheelchairs and assisted companion care, it's a very good place for her and she's near her daughter.

November 21, 2011

By virtual reader

The first thing I noticed when pulling up to Horizon Bay at Hyde Park was how beautiful the outside of the facility was and the grounds were picturesque. The location was amazing and the view was outstanding. When I walked into the facility I thought I was walking into a 5 star hotel. The lobby was beautifully furnished and quite comfortable to visit with the residents or just sit and read a book or magazine. They have an internet café where you can grab coffee, etc., and use your laptop or visit with other residents or visitors. The dinning room is very roomy and comfortable and the food was outstanding as I was offered lunch while I was there. There is another roomy dinning room for the residents that need a little assistance with their meals, and both dinning rooms have large windows in order for the residents to be able to look outside while enjoying their meals. Horizon Bay at Hyde Park also offers a swimming pool for the residents with a veranda that the residents can sit and visit, have drinks, etc., in between swimming. When the residents are not at the pool, you may find them in the Lounge where they can socialize, play pool or maybe engage in a game of chess, and if you would like to do something at night, then the residents can go up to the rooftop veranda and watch the skyline of Tampa or the view of Tampa Bay. There are many activities that the residents can be involved in such as art classes, bridge tournaments or theatre trips after dark. Horizon Bay at Hyde Park also offers transportation to appointments in a chauffer driven Mercedes

Photos of Allegro Hyde Park

Features of Allegro Hyde Park

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Dining Extra: All Residents Have In Room Full Kitchens (Including Oven, Etc.), Residents May Also Call Ahead And Pick Up Their Meals From The Dining Room.

• Coffee Shop
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt., Sky Lounge Full Bar, Movie Theatre, Demonstration Kitchen

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: Standard ALF
  • State Licenses: 11942

About Allegro Hyde Park

Allegro Hyde Park is an assisted living facility in Tampa, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Allegro Hyde Park for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Allegro Hyde Park