Allegro Hyde Park

800 West Azeele Street, Tampa, FL, 33606

Reviews of Allegro Hyde Park

SASHA101 November 13, 2015

I LOVE HORIZON BAY OF HYDE PARK THE STAFF ARE GREAT THE RESIDENTS ALL SEEM REALLY HAPPY ITS VERY CLEAN AND WELL KEPT.THERE SO MANY THINGS TO KEEP THE RESIDENTS ACTIVE AND TO MAKE THEM FEEL AT HOME.HORIZON BAY IS PERFECT

Sandra104944050 April 27, 2015

Horizon Bay at Hyde Park is a relatively new community about four or five years old. It had a couple of amenities that the other community I visited did not have. It has a movie theater, a pool, and its own dining room with its own menu. It also has a lounge on the sixth or seventh floor. It is a big place with its own relatively large balcony. I think it initially started out to be for residents just looking to relocate to a community because they were tired of maintaining a home. They are now catering to clients that require assistance. They have now home-help aides that are attached to the clients. It is clean, and it is impressive when you walk in. The people are kind and receptive too.

Caring88346050 June 30, 2014

Horizon Bay - Hyde Park was most impressive. It was a different feeling there; it was more uptown, more luxurious. The rooms, I believe, had amazing kitchens if you wanted that. I said, "If you don't want a kitchen, can you alleviate that?" And they said that they could take the oven out, but you would still have the pantry. They were most accommodating on that. The views weren't the best, but there was so much to do, and if you had the curtains, they were light; they were not dark and depressing like many motels, hotels, boarding houses, and hospitals are. But it was light and airy, there was room, and you didn’t feel like you were in an ALF or the old perception of an ALF from years gone by. It was very nice, very nice indeed. Sanitation was very good; I did not smell any urine, unlike some of the other ALFs that I have visited. It was exceedingly clean, and yet there was not a presence of maids hovering over you every five feet or anything. It was very tastefully done; it was nice and clean, the outside gardens were beautiful, and the whole thing was wonderful. They also have a floor that has the sports television, and it has a bar and entertainment, pool tables, they have entertainers come in, and they take the people down to the convention center for some of the concerts and things like that, so I think that one was just amazing.

Caring81840750 March 27, 2014

We did visit Horizon Bay, and I like them a lot. The reason why we didn?t go with this facility is that they really don?t have an independent living apartment. They have some that they call independent, but it is still more like assisted. The rooms didn?t have any kitchens, and that is not what we are looking for. The staff who accommodated us were very nice. The facility is in a nice location, too.

StudentCaretaker February 09, 2014

My grandmother lived here for just over a year, and it was awful all the way until the end. She entered the facility with the beginning stages of Alzheimer’s disease. I had already been informally taking care of her for the past 2 years, and it seemed like a good idea to move her to a place where her whereabouts were monitored. Additionally, Horizon Bay is close to my home, meaning I could visit her daily and administer medicine. As the disease progressed, it became apparent that she needed increased services, such as reminders to shower and change and assistance in housekeeping duties. My family agreed to pay the facility a high monthly rate in order for her to receive the daily assistance she needed. Shortly after these services began, I noticed her hygiene had not improved, evidenced by the fact she would not change for days and she often smelled of urine. I decided to visit her apartment, and was disgusted by its condition. Her cat’s litter box had not been cleaned in weeks, and he had relieved himself all over the apartment. Soiled clothing hung in the closet, and fecal matter covered the sheets on her bed. Not only did the condition of her apartment make it very apparent that she was not receiving services, but also displayed the fact that there was an obvious breach of lease, on account that the washing of linens and towels was written into it. The R.N. of the facility combatted these charges on multiple occasions, but eventually backed down to my damning testimony. After this incident, I took over caretaking full-time, and visited the facility twice a day to help my grandmother shower, change, manage toileting accidents, care for her cat, clean her apartment, and administer medications. When it became clear that her Alzheimer’s had reached the point where she needed to be transferred to a more specialized facility, we put her on a waitlist to enter a memory care facility. My grandmother had grown to distrust me as her Alzheimer’s progressed, and my family and I decided it was in all of our best interests to let Horizon Bay Hyde Park take over the caretaking duties I was administering for the last two weeks of her stay. My visit yesterday solidified the idea that they never deserved a second chance. Her apartment was in an even worse state of disarray than the first time. When I took issue to this to the L.P.N. on duty, she informed me that her name was never even on the care list. As a graduate student in the field of Geriatric Care, I know elder abuse and fraud when I see it. Beyond the issues directly related to my grandmother I have seen other residents in the facility fall to the ground and be refused care because they are not “paying for a package”. In my opinion, nearly every C.N.A., L.P.N., and R.N. attached to this facility should have their license revoked. Do not ever make the mistake of sending your family member here, especially if you cannot visit every day like I could.

Caring071113 July 24, 2013

The rooms are like apartments with a complete kitchen in Horizon Bay. It was very majestic. The food was excellent. They have various dining rooms. We could have chosen this but it was a bit far from my son.

Sandy K. June 12, 2013

We moved my mom in Horizon Bay-Hyde Park about the middle of March. Though she will never be comfortable but in her own home, she is doing okay there. It's not that large of a facility. They have a variety of apartments, single-bedrooms, double-bedrooms. They also have a suite available. It includes a refrigerator, a burners and stove. The apartments and suite are very nice. Once a week they do laundry for the residents. Meals are available three times a day and coffee available 24 hours a day. They have exercises every morning at 10am. They also do field trips like grocery shopping or banking.

J.Lodermeier December 22, 2012

This facility is exceptional. My mother-in-law has been very happy with her stay. She is well enough to live independently, but still needs some care. The grounds and facility itself is incredibly upscale and beautiful. I wish I lived there, it's better than our one bedroom apartment in Carollwood. We go there to swim with her often, its a nice area where you can relax outside with your guests. My mother-in-law has been involved in lots of the activities they offer. They offer art classes and other classes to keep the residents busy. Since my father-in-law passed away, my MIL has been lonely and depressed. But since putting her in this facility she has perked up considerably and her health is doing much better. This is a really really great facility.

caring10052 October 07, 2012

We're very pleased with Horizon Bay Hyde Park. My sister is living there. It's one of the best I've seen for people who want to live independently within a facility and come and go. My sister is 70 and unable to drive. Other than having older people there with walkers and some in wheelchairs and assisted companion care, it's a very good place for her and she's near her daughter.

virtual reader November 21, 2011

The first thing I noticed when pulling up to Horizon Bay at Hyde Park was how beautiful the outside of the facility was and the grounds were picturesque. The location was amazing and the view was outstanding.

When I walked into the facility I thought I was walking into a 5 star hotel.

The lobby was beautifully furnished and quite comfortable to visit with the residents or just sit and read a book or magazine. They have an internet café where you can grab coffee, etc., and use your laptop or visit with other residents or visitors. The dinning room is very roomy and comfortable and the food was outstanding as I was offered lunch while I was there. There is another roomy dinning room for the residents that need a little assistance with their meals, and both dinning rooms have large windows in order for the residents to be able to look outside while enjoying their meals.

Horizon Bay at Hyde Park also offers a swimming pool for the residents with a veranda that the residents can sit and visit, have drinks, etc., in between swimming. When the residents are not at the pool, you may find them in the Lounge where they can socialize, play pool or maybe engage in a game of chess, and if you would like to do something at night, then the residents can go up to the rooftop veranda and watch the skyline of Tampa or the view of Tampa Bay.

There are many activities that the residents can be involved in such as art classes, bridge tournaments or theatre trips after dark. Horizon Bay at Hyde Park also offers transportation to appointments in a chauffer driven Mercedes

About Allegro Hyde Park

Allegro Hyde Park is an assisted living facility in Tampa, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Allegro Hyde Park for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Allegro Hyde Park

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in apt., Sky Lounge - full bar, movie theatre, demonstration kitchen

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: All residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.), Residents may also call ahead and pick up their meals from the dining room.

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Licenses: Standard ALF
  • State License(s): 11942

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Allegro Hyde Park