Alimar Assisted Living

2933 W. Columbus Blvd., Tampa, FL, 33607

Reviews of Alimar Assisted Living

May 19, 2015

By AnneMurry

I had my elderly mother stay here before she passed, the staff and office manager were very help with me in my time of distress. The owner Mrs. Rozas of the facility called me which was nice touch, her husband works in Tampa General as a doctor, so its a family run business and less commercialized like some other places i had looked at, Alimar has a nice Spanish vibe and culture, lots of English and Spain speaking staff. The food was great, I used eat in canteen when i visited my mum.However, I did put on a few pounds in the process with all the nice rice and meat dishes!! :) Alimar is more personal place to stay, everyone knows you when you come in an visit and my mum made many friends in her time which was nice. Its not a 5 star place if you want that you will have to pay for it, but if you want a safe place for your family member or spouse with easy access to visit, i recommend Alimar Assisted Living.

May 19, 2015

By Nursehelp

I have visited Alimar numerous times as a local travel nurse. The staff are friendly and welcome me when i visit my patient whom i have cared for many years prior to them enlisting in Alimar. My patent is happy in the facility, this is great as alimar is close to my primary residence. I would recommend this place to any working middle class people who want a friendly environment with a touch of Spanish culture and food.

December 05, 2011

By virtual reader

Alimar is a fairly decent Assisted Living Facility; however I would not recommend it to everyone as I found when I visited the facility that 90% of the residents and 100% of the staff were for the Hispanic population. When I was there in November 2011, I noticed that all of the residents were sitting outside enjoying the sun and nature. The walkway was very narrow and difficult to get through if you were to be using a wheelchair or perhaps a walker or cane. Also the small facility sits right next to a very busy street and busy intersection so the traffic noise was deafening. I was able to look inside several resident's rooms and noticed they were extremely small, but would be large enough for just one resident, also their television's were tuned up quite loudly to drown out the outside noises. Out of five stars I would rank the outside area a one star, the common area a one star, the resident's rooms a two star, the staff a two star and the quality of care a two star. Overall I would give Alimar ALF a rating of 2 stars due to the noise level, only one staff person on property, not adequate room to be able to move around, no amenities whatsoever, the parking was horrible and the grounds and upkeep on the premises were not well maintained.

Photos of Alimar Assisted Living

Services & Amenities of Alimar Assisted Living

• Minimum Rate: $1950/month

• State Licenses: 11964960

About Alimar Assisted Living

Alimar Assisted Living offers seniors the opportunity for independence, with the added benefit of friendly and compassionate assistance when needed. Located in Tampa, Florida, we strive to encourage dignity, individuality and choice for our residents, while providing reasonable assurance for their safety and welfare.

We are an assisted living facility for 56 residents. Our residents are senior citizens of today with a variety of interests, needs and abilities. We believe that our residents need personalized care and a loving environment with attention to detail. We will strive to preserve our resident's privacy, dignity and independence. It is our hope that after living at Alimar Assisted Living, our residents will have a greater sense of well being and an enriched quality of life.

Our Services:

All of our services focus on assistance. Our role is not to "do for", but to "assist with" each resident's identified needs. By emphasizing assistance, we will support independence and promote dignity for the resident at this facility.

Activity and service intensity will be determined by interest, abilities and functional limitations of the identified resident's need. An individualized assistance/service plan will be developed for each resident, using a team approach with resident, family and staff participation.

Outline of Services We Offer

• Reasonable rates on semi-private or private rooms
  • Three nutritious home-cooked meals each day, with snacks
  • Housekeeping daily, or as needed, to maintain a neat, clean environment in bedrooms and bathrooms
  • Basic laundry of towels and sheets weekly
  • Bilingual staff
  • Planned social and recreational activities
  • Scheduled parties for birthdays, holidays etc.
  • Arrangement for transportation to outside activities
  • Personal assistance with bathing, dressing and eating
  • Medication supervision by trained personnel
  • Trained personnel on duty, 24 hours a day

Alimar is designed to provide independent living with the utmost security. In addition to the above, our facility has:

• Fire sprinkler system throughout, centrally monitored
  • Fenced front and backyard
  • Intercom systems
  • Nurse Call Systems in each bedroom and bathroom, centrally monitored

Thank you for your interest at Alimar Assisted Living. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Alimar is distinguished as one of the few assisted living communities in Florida that is geared towards both English and Spanish speakers. Our community is made up mainly of bilingual employees, and we have an equal distribution of residents who speak the languages, so you can be assured of easy communication.

Map of Alimar Assisted Living