Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

3207 North Monroe St, Tallahassee, FL, 32303

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

Donna84313750 August 28, 2014

I like Pacifica Senior Living. I talked to some of the patients there and they were all pretty content and happy. The staff was great. They're very helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms and their dinning room were nice.

MyMotherMyself July 20, 2014

Actual rating: 2.5 stars. Recent renovations in the common areas are lovely. Still, most exit doors and doors within the building (bathroom, common rooms) are not handicapped accessible. This is surprising since many residents are wheelchair bound. The units are fair - most bathtubs have been redone but a step into the tub still causes big problems for some seniors. Had constant problems with the refrigerator in the unit which froze up constantly. Despite repeated requests, it was never replaced. The staff is very caring - but there are not enough of them, and the turnover is relentless. This goes for main office staff (several turn overs in Director) as well as for nurses and care staff. Though residents are provided with an emergency button, it often takes over an hour for a staff response. The food is really awful. We brought our mom in food from local restaurants or home cooked meals as often as possible. The facility is generally clean, smells good and provides a fair amount of activities for the residents. Costs are high and if the resident is in the hospital or in rehab there is NO cost break, even though they are not being provided any food or services. Would suggest this facility only if a loved one is close by and can stop by frequently to advocate for the resident.

Caring73477450 November 22, 2013

My mother-in-law has moved into The Woodmont. She has been there for a couple of months now. It is our choice because it is like less than a mile away. It is just right across the street. My husband goes over there every night to tuck her and get her ready for bed, so it was a lot easier rather than drive all the way across town. We also chose this place because my mother-in-law knew somebody that was already over there. The facility itself is really nice. They have been remodeling it but they took discounts off from each resident for the inconvenience. They're doing mainly the downstairs in the general area, the front entrance, and the TV room, but not the individual rooms.

In terms of care, she is in their level 1 category, which means she needs a little bit of assistance. At first, she was handling her own meds but now she is going to use them to do it for her. And since her insurance covers their pharmacy of choice, so they're packaged for a facility, that doesn't charge her extra. They also made some modifications to her bathtub so she wouldn't have to step over and that was nice. They did that for her without a charge. Regarding the staff, the residents have a little bit of problem with them being so busy, that they're not available at a drop of a hat. Other than that, they have been just as nice as they can be. Also their dining area is congested and the food they serve is a little salty. That's just what my mother-in-law complained about.

LouiesKid November 28, 2012

Woodmont Assisted Living Community, my over first impression was very poitive. The building and grounds were obviously well kept. The outside was very warm and nice with a homey feel. Woodmont Assisted Living Community declares that the needs of its residents always come first. When I was introduced to the staff you could tell that their number one goal was to provide a warm, friendly and comfortable place to call home. Essentially, its a place for recovery and relaxation. Perfect for my grandmother who had been struggling alone. My uncle lived down the street from her but because of his job could not be with her 24/7. My uncle asked many questions of the staff and they were more than happy to answer openly and honestly. We were able to take a tour and speak with residents to get first hand accounts and views of the facility.Before he and my grandmother could make a final choice her health took a turn for the worst. My greandmother had to be placed in the hospital and then a wonderful hospice care facility.

From Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont is a retirement community in Tallahassee, Florida offering assisted living with close access to medical care, shopping, dining and entertainment. At Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont, we truly want our residents to rediscover life and all it has to offer. And our commitment to you is to help you make those discoveries each and every day. Our diverse and extensive activities program reflects what our residents enjoy doing the most. We have ongoing tastings from around the world, exercises, lunch outings, trips throughout Tallahassee, and so much more! With chef-prepared meals as well as weekly housekeeping and paid utilities, you'll have time to rediscover life's pleasures! At our Tallahassee assisted living community, you'll find a community of friends with whom you can enjoy an active, worry-free lifestyle.

Features of Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• State License(s): 99