Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

3207 North Monroe St, Tallahassee, FL, 32303

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

September 19, 2016

By PScruggs

I am writing to commend the staff at Pacifica/Woodmont in Tallahassee, Florida (Susan Weisbarth, Laurie Love, Danny, Kenny, Brittany, Pam, the nurses, the kitchen staff and the custodial and maintenance staff). Tallahassee was hit by Hurricane Hermine on Thursday, 9/1/16. 90% of the City of Tallahassee lost power including Woodmont. My 92 year old father lives in the facilty. Woodmont lost power on Thursday eveing and power was not restored until late on Saturday afternoon. The staff was outstanding. The care and concern they gave each resident was more than we could ask for. I know that Susan and Laurie stayoned on site day and night until power was restored. The lack of power meant meals had to be delivered to each and every person who lived on the 2nd floor three times a day, phones did not work, and medications had to be dispensed regardless of whether or not there was air conditioning or electricity. All of the staff pitched in to get the job done regardless of what was happening in their own homes. And they smiled while doing it! (I stopped by a number of times during the power outage so I saw this firsthand.) My father has only lived there for a few months but we are very happy we chose your facility but we are very happy that we chose this facilty.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it and you!

May 11, 2016

By PattiKWJVD

Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont is where Mom will be moving into. It seemed to fit her needs perfectly, and it's not that far from her home, so she feels comfortable in that part of town. It was clean, and the people were very friendly and answered all of our questions. They even gave us information that we didn't even know we needed. They showed us four different apartments, one of which Mom really liked. The residents we spoke to on the tour were very happy to be there. It was just a very nice and friendly place. There is always a person at the front desk all of the time, and they seemed to have all of the log-in/log-out procedures that I was looking for. We went to the dining room to look at some of the menus and were very pleased with it.

Pattikwjvd, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community, we appreciate it. We are very proud of our community and memory care program. We recently started a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and their interesting activities. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). If you want to see the activities they are engaging in it is a great way to stay involved. We are here to make sure that you and your families are happy.

October 25, 2014

I liked Woodmont too. I thought out of the people I saw, they were very active. The apartments were very large. It was an older building, and it was very big. The staff was very good. They were prepared for my visit. They also continued to stay in touch with me and they explained everything including the costs. It was far back from a busy street. I would recommend Woodmont. In fact, if I could get my mother to move down here, that is probably where I would want her to stay.

October 18, 2014

I was able to visit Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont, and it was nice, but I think a little bit higher probably than I wanted to pay. I didn’t spend that much time there, but it seemed like I would enjoy living there.

August 28, 2014

By Donna84313750

I like Pacifica Senior Living. I talked to some of the patients there and they were all pretty content and happy. The staff was great. They're very helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms and their dinning room were nice.

July 20, 2014

By MyMotherMyself

Actual rating: 2.5 stars. Recent renovations in the common areas are lovely. Still, most exit doors and doors within the building (bathroom, common rooms) are not handicapped accessible. This is surprising since many residents are wheelchair bound. The units are fair - most bathtubs have been redone but a step into the tub still causes big problems for some seniors. Had constant problems with the refrigerator in the unit which froze up constantly. Despite repeated requests, it was never replaced. The staff is very caring - but there are not enough of them, and the turnover is relentless. This goes for main office staff (several turn overs in Director) as well as for nurses and care staff. Though residents are provided with an emergency button, it often takes over an hour for a staff response. The food is really awful. We brought our mom in food from local restaurants or home cooked meals as often as possible. The facility is generally clean, smells good and provides a fair amount of activities for the residents. Costs are high and if the resident is in the hospital or in rehab there is NO cost break, even though they are not being provided any food or services. Would suggest this facility only if a loved one is close by and can stop by frequently to advocate for the resident.

November 22, 2013

My mother-in-law has moved into The Woodmont. She has been there for a couple of months now. It is our choice because it is like less than a mile away. It is just right across the street. My husband goes over there every night to tuck her and get her ready for bed, so it was a lot easier rather than drive all the way across town. We also chose this place because my mother-in-law knew somebody that was already over there. The facility itself is really nice. They have been remodeling it but they took discounts off from each resident for the inconvenience. They're doing mainly the downstairs in the general area, the front entrance, and the TV room, but not the individual rooms. In terms of care, she is in their level 1 category, which means she needs a little bit of assistance. At first, she was handling her own meds but now she is going to use them to do it for her. And since her insurance covers their pharmacy of choice, so they're packaged for a facility, that doesn't charge her extra. They also made some modifications to her bathtub so she wouldn't have to step over and that was nice. They did that for her without a charge. Regarding the staff, the residents have a little bit of problem with them being so busy, that they're not available at a drop of a hat. Other than that, they have been just as nice as they can be. Also their dining area is congested and the food they serve is a little salty. That's just what my mother-in-law complained about.

November 28, 2012

By LouiesKid

Woodmont Assisted Living Community, my over first impression was very poitive. The building and grounds were obviously well kept. The outside was very warm and nice with a homey feel. Woodmont Assisted Living Community declares that the needs of its residents always come first. When I was introduced to the staff you could tell that their number one goal was to provide a warm, friendly and comfortable place to call home. Essentially, its a place for recovery and relaxation. Perfect for my grandmother who had been struggling alone. My uncle lived down the street from her but because of his job could not be with her 24/7. My uncle asked many questions of the staff and they were more than happy to answer openly and honestly. We were able to take a tour and speak with residents to get first hand accounts and views of the facility.Before he and my grandmother could make a final choice her health took a turn for the worst. My greandmother had to be placed in the hospital and then a wonderful hospice care facility.

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

Features of Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

• Minimum Memory Cost: $2400/month

About Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont is a retirement community in Tallahassee, Florida offering assisted living with close access to medical care, shopping, dining and entertainment. At Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont, we truly want our residents to rediscover life and all it has to offer. And our commitment to you is to help you make those discoveries each and every day. Our diverse and extensive activities program reflects what our residents enjoy doing the most. We have ongoing tastings from around the world, exercises, lunch outings, trips throughout Tallahassee, and so much more! With chef-prepared meals as well as weekly housekeeping and paid utilities, you'll have time to rediscover life's pleasures! At our Tallahassee assisted living community, you'll find a community of friends with whom you can enjoy an active, worry-free lifestyle.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont