Narrows Glen Assisted Living

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Narrows Glen | Assisted Living

January 31, 2014

By Caring68420250

We visited Narrows Glen for ourselves. My first impression of it was that it was small. The environment was alright. It was a little bit of drab though. There wasn't a cheerful atmosphere. The staff though was really friendly to me. We didn't see any activities at that time but she said they have indoor activities scheduled every week. For accommodations, we did see a studio and a one-bedroom unit and they were just way too small for us. The dining room wasn't bad. They fixed us a meal, but I wasn't really happy with the taste of the food. It was kind of bland.

September 28, 2013

By Donald12

We moved into Narrows Glen for approximately two years and my wife was there maybe six months before we moved her to another place. They have three levels of care; retirement care, assisted living and memory care. She lived with me in retirement care before we moved her to the memory care facility while I stayed in retirement care. The memory care facility was quite nice including the rooms. Their policy was to lock the residents out of their rooms during the day and they could not enter their rooms except when they were accompanied by a caregiver to do toileting or bathing. The residents were in a community room or recreation room where they sat and did things all day. They had a nice and secure lock down facility but the administrative policy didn't sit well with my family and myself. They had a separate dining room which was very nice and the food was very good. They also had a separate dining room for the assisted living and another for the retirement care unit. They have a really wonderful food service staff. You can order almost anything you want as opposed to some facilities where they just bring your food and set it in front of you. It's a top-notch facility with a total of 200 residents and I would like to move back there.

August 20, 2013

By Scot

Very nice facility . Large but warm. Nice grounds. Laurel Home is the dementia center very well run.

January 20, 2012

By Rory2

My mother was a resident for 4 years. The facility I thought was well managed. The caregivers seemed nice and sincere, and my mother seemed comfortable there as well. The home itself is quite nice with gardens and a fitness center.

Photos of Narrows Glen

Features of Narrows Glen

About Narrows Glen

Assisted Living, Memory Care and Independent Senior Living, in Tacoma, Washington.

Make yourself at home at Narrows Glen in Tacoma, Washington. It's a friendly, flexible environment that celebrates your individuality and nurtures your soul. We recognize that each new resident has a unique lifestyle. So we've tailored solutions to match:

• Independent Living, for our most active seniors
  • Assisted Living, when you need a helping hand
  • Memory Care, special care for those with memory challenges e.g. Alzheimer's and dementia
  • Short Term Care, for a respite or recovery period
  • Serving Narrows Glen, Tacoma, Artondale, Fox Island, Gig Harbour, Lakewood, University Place and more
All options include:
  • A safe, secure environment
  • Compassionate, capable staff
  • Busy days, rewarding activities
  • 3 chef prepared meals daily
  • Scheduled transportation for errands, medical appointments and field trips
  • Friendly people and a sense of community
Nearby Attractions:
  • St. Joseph Medical Center
  • Tacoma General Hospital
  • Western State Hospital
Pricing:
  • Narrows Glen, a Vintage Senior Living retirement community, offers Independent and Assisted Living starting at $2,595 per month, depending on availability and floor plan.
  • Narrows Glen also offers compassionate Memory Care services and accommodations starting at $5,750 per month, depending on floor plan and availability.

Map of Narrows Glen