Lincolnshire Place

710 Vellagio, Sycamore, IL, 60178

Reviews of Lincolnshire Place

Kathie2 May 31, 2012

I was very impressed. We could tell it's quite a bit smaller than the other places. There they have 40 people, so the one on one care seems to be better. It's kind of what my mom needed because doesn't have Alzheimer's quite yet, but I see that happening. Some of the other places they have a different tiers where you get quoted a price for when they enter. But then if they require more and more care they decided that they go to different levels and then they increase the price. Well in a way, you just don't know what to anticipate.

In the Lincolnshire they immediately tell you "This is what it's gonna cost.. and if it was gonna cost this, there's no changes". Even though they're a little more, it just came up better in the end because of the fewer amount of patients or residents and they're willing to take care of them at all levels. A lot of those places once people get to Alzheimer's, they say you have to replace them and then I don't wanna have to move mom and all that! So, this worked out very well for her situation.

The people there were very nice. Everybody we talked to was really really positive and friendly. And because it was smaller we got to meet more people at the Lincolnshire. It's new, it's only been there about a year and a half but it has everything and it just worked out well for what her care needed. She wasn't independent enough to fully be on her own. I felt that some of the other places even though they said they would have a one on one individual attention, I didn't feel that it was gonna happen because of the residents to staff members ratio. Her whole life she's been kind of sheltered and lived in a box so it would've been too overwhelming to place her with 140 or more people. She would've never left her room probably.

There's another thing, a lot of these places have TVs and phones and all that but when I thought about it, that's probably not a good idea because then, they do stay in their rooms. Where she is there it's like a motel room. She's forced to go out and watch TV with the other people. Forced to mingle and forced to do activities. Where the other places she might have just sat there on her own. She wouldn't have been motivated enough to be active. So there, everything worked for us.

Santi May 09, 2012

Brand new building. Amazing staff. There are tons of activities that the residents can do. They have a beautiful courtyard and even a downtown inside the building! Top notch place, best facility for memory care in the area. I would definitely recommend for anyone in the area.

AcademiaNut February 28, 2012

The family friend who was a resident at Lincolnshire came to them with multiple, complex needs and, as much as I love her, she did not make the transition easy on the staff. Nonetheless, they handled her complexities and confusion with gentle calm. They offered the family and assorted friend-caregivers respectful service options, and always brought us into the decision-making process when they could.The facilities are not flashy, but they are clean, new, and entirely appropriate. It is winter now, and the grounds are not beautiful -but nor are anyone else's. I can see from the layout of the gardens that it will be lovely in the spring and summer.In the end, though, I keep coming back to the staff. They have helped my friend and my family adapt to a difficult change, helped us to negotiate very tricky family dynamics well, and been a real rock in a difficult time. For that alone, I would give the Lincolnshire facility full marks.

Gracie~ July 28, 2011

This is a newer facility, opened in Oct. 2010. I moved my mom in there 2 months ago and just LOVE it. The feeling is 'homey' and the facility is laid out perfectly. The staff at this memory care facility really understand Alzheimer's and it shows in everything they do. There are activities going on all day/evening long that help with memory preservation (game shows, news discussions, even manicures & pedicures!). The cost is comparable if not better than other facilities that I checked out. I'd rate Lincolnshire Place with 5 stars!

From Lincolnshire Place

Lincolnshire Place was designed to care for and enhance the lives of seniors with Alzheimer's disease and related dementia. It's an exceptional living environment combined with our highly trained caregivers and Alzheimer's professionals that allows you to have the peace of mind you deserve.

Location of Lincolnshire Place