Chaparral Winds Retirement Community

16623 N. West Point Parkway, Surprise, AZ, 85374

Reviews of Chaparral Winds Retirement Community

Caring August 10, 2015

We just liked the place and the room, and the pricing structure was better. I live in North Carolina, so I am not there as often, but all the reports I have had been very good. I would recommend Chaparral Winds to anyone looking to place their parents or in-laws.

leezee June 10, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

An absolutely beautiful facility! In fact, my husband and I, on visiting this facility with my father in law, both agreed we'd live there. Immaculate. Tons of trees, extraordinary friendly staff and though their web site states three meals per day, we realized it was only two. Meals are served in a cafeteria so each resident is responsible for getting to the cafeteria. My father-in-law is in the early stages of dementia, so this was a slight concern of ours, but we were assured that out of courtesy, staff would remind him of meal times. If taking any medications, it is up to the resident to remember. They are also expected to do their own laundry. My father-in-law stayed in this facility for over one month. He seemed very happy there but as he does suffer from dementia, the staff was unable to provide the services he required. He was often found wandering the hallways. I have to say, the staff, which seems to be available 24 hours per day, were quick to alert us. This is a beautiful, well-kept facility. I know my father in law liked it there. He liked that he could get transportation to nearby stores and he was allowed to keep his cats. Unfortunately this facility didn't work out for us due to my father in law's condition, but I would highly recommend it to anyone who can live on their own and fulfill their basic needs with some assistance.

From Chaparral Winds Retirement Community

Chaparral Winds Retirement Community offers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care all on one campus and under one roof. Our Independent Community offers a stress-free rental environment with short term leases at very affordable prices. Luxury apartments surrounded by acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, shaded walkways, and a large lap pool are all within our secure, gated community. The Assisted Living program focuses on the individual needs of each resident and includes services and amenities for the resident who requires minimal assistance in carrying out the activities of daily living. Our Memory Care is all-inclusive and features a highly specialized program in our secured "Serenity Wing" for the residents whose needs are more unique due to memory loss or confusion.

Features of Chaparral Winds Retirement Community