Westchester of Sunrise (THE)

9701 W. OAKLAND PARK BLVD., Sunrise, FL, 33351

Reviews of Westchester of Sunrise (THE)

Caring99972450 October 07, 2014

We chose Westchester as it really had to do with the proximity of her to my house, and it also had to do with the price. We were pleased, the nurses take very good care of her; they call us all the time and keep us well-informed of her physical condition, and they let me know when I need to pick up additional medication or supplies for her. There is a doctor that comes to the facility, so it’s very convenient for the family. The director that they just got rid of I would have had nice things to say about her, but she’s gone. She seemed very pleasant, welcoming, and helpful. We really haven’t had any issues at all with the facility; that’s why she is still there.

The surroundings I think are very pleasant. The only complaint I would have that they have a beautiful area that you could sit and talk outside, but they have a problem with raccoons; they are very aggressive. You cannot go out because the raccoons will come right up to you.

Mom’s apartment is fine, they pick trash up daily and then they thoroughly clean once a week. She has a private room; it’s a one bedroom studio. I think it’s plenty for what she needs. My mother knows Joan the activity director, and she will come and knock on the doors of the residents to get them involved in different activities. She is wonderful; everybody loves her very much. The food is good they have lovely menu options. My mom is diabetic, and they have a diabetic options for her. I’ve eaten there a couple of times, and I have no complaints about the food. They are upgrading the living facility.

Caring63950950 October 12, 2013

The rehab center recommended Westchester to us. We went there and it seemed like they didn't have a whole lot of activities going on. The people there weren't friendly at all. The lady that gave us the tour, she really didn't know the residents and she wasn't really that friendly.

Elder Angel October 30, 2012

I had the occasion to visit a client in this facility. It is a large facility that offers daily activities for the clients. The lady I saw seemed happy in the facility, she had a group of friends that she met with for her meals and to play cards. The medical staff seemed to be attentive and helpful when I inquired about the clients medications. She reported that staff were quick to assist her with her needs. She told me that she was unable to continue to live alone in the community after several falls and was scared of leaving her home, but feels that since being in the facility, she feels more social than when she lived alone, as she had become isolated from others.

RodolChee June 13, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My aunt is currently a resident of Westchester, the assisted living facility. She is 96 years old and she is not able to take care of herself. I have visited her at this assisted living facility and I was not extremely impressed. She sometimes seems to be ignored by the staff or not given the individual attention she deserves. The staff at the facility often seem bored and tired. They are not very fun to be around. There are some exceptions of course, there are some friendly people working there. The food atleast seems pretty good, I have tried some of it and it was delicious and healthy. They also serve delicious sugar free ice cream. Which is a good thing because my aunt can't have sugar but she loves sweets. The actual facility itself looks great, its very fancy and well kept. Very clean.

Another complaint I have is that they often promise entertainment for the residents but most of the time it is 'cancelled' for some reason. It must be very dissapointing if that was what one was looking forward to as the highlight of the day. All in all it is not a bad place to live but it could be better in my opinion.

About Westchester of Sunrise (THE)

Westchester of Sunrise (THE) is an assisted living facility in Sunrise, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Westchester of Sunrise (THE) for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Westchester of Sunrise (THE)