Sunrise of Sunnyvale

633 S. Knickerbocker Drive, Sunnyvale, CA, 94087

Reviews of Sunrise of Sunnyvale

Caring112807950 September 15, 2015

Sunrise of Sunnyvale was more concerned about having my father tested before they even allowed him to come over and take a look at the place. They were concerned about making sure we had enough money for him to stay there for 10 years. The rooms, dining area, and common areas were spacious and very clean; they were very well lit, bright, and cheerful.

Janet February 28, 2015

Sunrise of Sunnyvale looked clean and they were friendly, and the rooms were nice, but it was complicated with my dad for many reasons. In fact, I know somebody's who is there -- my sister's neighbor and she is quite happy. It seems like a pretty acceptable place. The staff was very nice. It seemed like they went out of their way to be helpful and to answer questions. There was a nice living area with a fireplace, and then outside they had a nice patio with a fountain. I thought it was nice.

Caring102262950 February 11, 2015

What I like about Sunrise of Sunnyvale is that in addition to a memory care unit, they also have like a higher level of assisted living so that a person didn't necessarily have to go to the memory care in order to get the higher level of attention. Their basic room is about the same size as the other facility I visited. It has a bedroom area and a bathroom. They also have an option for a one-bedroom unit which is fairly large. It has a seating area, a little kitchen with a refrigerator, and a bedroom. The dining room looks good. The facility is very new. The only drawback I would say is that the secure outdoor patio area could be larger. It is an OK size, but it wasn't that large and a bit smaller than the other facility I visited.

Marie40 December 14, 2014

I did notice that more of the people were convalescent or chair bound at Sunrise of Sunnyvale. They looked more like hotel rooms or hospital rooms. They were not really inviting as far as like an apartment. The staff were helpful. The dining room was little, but it was clean. I did notice that a few people were taken out for walks. It was convenient; it is right downtown, but I found it not secure enough as I was able to walk in and walk around before somebody said, 'May I help you,' and that bothered me a little bit.

jametzger1 December 02, 2014

My wife is in Sunrise of Sunnyvale. They are close, and they are offering all the services that we ask for. They have activities, but my wife is not capable of taking advantage of those. The food is acceptable. It is nice and clean. The room is adequate. It looks like a nice place to live, and it isn't over crowded. They have adequate people, and they seem interested in doing their job well.

Caring94059150 October 19, 2014

I didn’t make an appointment when I went to Sunrise of Sunnyvale. No one was there, there was no one available and I was in a big hurry. But the people seemed very happy there and the environment was upbeat. The apartment was very good.

Caring83652850 April 30, 2014

Sunrise Sunnyvale is modern, and it's well kept up. It's my favorite one that I went to. The staff was very caring. One thing that impressed me was, during our tour with my brother, there was a resident who had some kind of an issue, and the person who was giving us a tour excused herself from us to take care of the resident. To me that was very telling about how caring they are of their residents. I thought that was a very positive thing because they want to take care of the residents and not worry so much about their potential clients. They had movie nights, card games, but they didn't have a Bridge group, which is what my mom would want. They also had an arts and crafts room. I like the staff the best. The rooms were all pretty much carpeted. They were nice. I like them.

Caring 5922 August 01, 2013

My brother is now in Sunrise of Sunnyvale. This facility has three stages of assisted living but they also have memory care. There is a floor that is exclusive for total memory care. However, my brother is not in that facility, he is in their assisted living facility with memory care. He is only 58 years old and has early onset of Alzheimer's. Overall, I like this facility. It is very clean and very nice. My brother is in a shared room and we have no problem with that setting. The staff is very attentive and I like them. Everyone seems to be happy there. Nevertheless, my brother is not happy with this facility because there is no one there who is as young as he is. We were told that there would be a 60-year-old man and a 58-year-old man moving in but they haven't moved in yet. There is also no activity for somebody his age, so we are disappointed with that.

Caring6854 April 17, 2013

I'm transferring my dad tomorrow to Sunrise at Sunnyvale because it's closer. Everything is the same with Sunrise at Carmichael and Sunrise at Sunnyvale.

M.Schoef September 10, 2012

I am really fond of this facility. My great aunt lost the use of her legs and was confined to a wheelchair several years ago. Living completely alone was not an option for her anymore. Our family immediately started looking for a good care facility to move her into. We were thrilled to find Sunnyvale of Sunrise. Admittedly, we weren't expecting much before we arrived that first day (since most assisted living facilities can be gloomy and depressing), but the minute we walked in we were happy to be greeted by a clean bright atmosphere. We've been pretty satisfied with this facility ever since. There has always been a manager on duty whenever there have been any issues that needed addressed. They have a great cook who prepares really healthy meals (3 a day, of course) and the residents even get served restaurant style. The dining room is awesome, I'd eat there myself every day if I could. The main common areas are decorated beautifully and most of the rooms there (including the resident's units) are spacious and sunlit. The facility is so comforting it makes me want to visit any chance I get. There is plenty to do here so perfect for active seniors too. This is truly "living" and a great place to move a dear loved one to in my opinion.

From Sunrise of Sunnyvale

With our atrium-style living room, 24-hour family kitchen bistro and rooftop garden with spectacular views of the mountains, you will see the attention to detail and the true feeling of home that hallmarks our Sunrise of Sunnyvale community in California. Located in a neighborhood where residents can feel comfortable to take daily walks, we are adjacent to El Camino Real on the border of Sunnyvale and Mountain View. Shopping centers are just steps and a short drive away. We are located within easy access to highways 85, 101, 880 and 280. The hospitals and medical centers of Stanford, El Camino, Kaiser, O'Connor, Valley Medical Center, Good Samaritan and Los Gatos Community serve our residents.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

We take the hightest levels of care.

Features of Sunrise of Sunnyvale

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft

• Staff patient ratio: 7 to 1

• Licenses: CA
  • State License(s): 435200806

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid