Belmont Village Sunnyvale

1039 E. El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, CA, 94087

Reviews of Belmont Village Sunnyvale

Anonymous114619950 October 28, 2015

Belmont Village of Sunnyvale was a pleasant village; it looked like a nice place. The staff was kind, the woman who I talk to was very nice, and the accommodations were reasonable and clean. It was a fine property, nothing amazing, but the common dining area looked open and pleasant, so it was pretty agreeable. They appeared to keep everyone very busy if they wanted to be; there were a lot of options of very good programs.

Caring112892450 August 31, 2015

We placed my mother in Belmont Village about six weeks ago. I think it is a first class facility. The staff seems very attentive and they knew my mom's name immediately within the first few days; every staff member knew my mom as a new resident. Their facilities are well-maintained and neat, and they have an abundance of activities for the residents. Her apartment was especially painted and has new carpeting, and it is neat. The bathroom facility is large and accommodates her needs, and the dining facility is equally clean, and well-kept up with good furnishings, and the food is good. They have activity levels for different levels of care including Alzheimer's. They have a circle of friends' activities, which is for people with early stages of dementia, so that they can engage them in groups. They have social activities of course, and these are the standard activities you'd find in a retirement home or assisted living facility. They have entertainment that comes in, and today they are having a luau -- this afternoon -- for them.

Dennis29 August 10, 2015

My mother is in Belmont Village of Sunnyvale. It is in our neighborhood. The food is excellent for the elderly. The rooms are very nice. They are somewhat like a hotel room. They are very clean and very organized with nice views from the rooms. They have patios. They have lots of activities. They have memory games for the elderly with memory problems. They go out on trips. What I like best are their caregivers. They are very kind and attentive to the people there.

Caring106107350 May 27, 2015

My husband is in Belmont Village, and everything is very nice and very upscale. It is more expensive, but everything is a little more upscale. The help, caretakers, and administration are all very helpful. He is very low functioning, but I feel he is well cared for. I've been very happy with Belmont, so that is why he stayed there for five years. He doesn't participate in anything anymore. He has always been in the Dementia section, so the activities were geared for that level of cognitive functioning. When he was able to participate, they played ball, and they did artwork and puzzles. He can't do anything of that sort, but they do bring him in the group and sit him there so he can watch what is happening. They try to include him as much as they can so he can get the visual stimulation. He is on a specialized gluten-free diet, so he gets very good food. They are very accommodating because they cook a very special diet for him. I have eaten some of their regular food which is quite good. As far as my husband is concerned, he is on a very specialized diet and not every place will accommodate somebody like that, but they have been helpful. He is in a shared room because that was available when he first entered. For him and the three roommates he had over the years, there has never been a problem at all. They have been very careful in who they select as a companion. It is a lockdown facility because the doors are locked, and they can't go in and out, but you don't get the impression that you are in jail. It is a very upbeat and friendly atmosphere where the staff is very positive and upbeat with the residents.

Janet February 28, 2015

Belmont Village Sunnyvale was quite inviting. It was very nice. They had a nice little garden and lobby kind of community area. There was nothing negative about it that I could tell except up in the memory care -- I felt that it wasn't a place for my father. The problem was, in the memory care, they lock them in the room at night because they have to by law or something, and that really didn't sit very well with me. I was very impressed by the administrator that we met with. She was really exceptional and very helpful, and, as it turned out, they didn't even have any opening, but she still went above and beyond to give us information and guide us to what might be an alternative for us.

Caring94649250 October 06, 2014

I thought Belmont Village was great for a number of reasons: it was close to our friend’s home, and it was close for us to go visit her and also close for her friends in church to go visit her. Plus it seemed to provide the type of care that she needed. The people are very good. The work staff, the helpers, the assistants, and the aides seemed very pleasant. They’re always checking on her. It’s very nice and very pleasant. It’s furnished very beautifully, and the facilities are beautiful. It’s practically a new building. She has a beautiful room, and it’s large. There’s carpeting. It should be for the price that she’s paying every month.

I do have one criticism about Belmont Village. When it was built, there was not enough consideration given to the parking around the facility. El Camino is a very busy street, and at certain times of the day -- like late in the afternoon -- it is impossible to find a parking space in front. I have to park on side streets and walk a considerable distance in order to get up to her room which is on the second floor. The problem with her room being on the second floor is I have to walk all the way through the building to the back, take an elevator, walk all the way down another long hall in addition to what I’ve already walked from my parking space.

The other thing is that if I’m taking her back and forth, there is a place for me to pull over and let her out near the front door, but then I have to scurry and find a place or I have to leave the car in order to help her in. Then I have to run back to the car and then try and find a space. It’s just awkward. I don’t know if they can improve it; it's just the way it’s built up around that area. I think that they’re stuck and, unfortunately, the people who visit are stuck.

Caring75916550 January 31, 2014

Belmont Village has different levels. There's independent, there is assisted and then there's memory. Their place was clean, it was nice. The only thing that I had a little bit of a concern with there was their fees were a little more expensive and the other thing was that the restaurant where they eat, the cafeteria area and the community area are very far away. They're on one side of the complex and a lot of the residents and staff live very far away. It's not centralized so some of the residents have a long way to go to get down there. When you've got people that are elderly, it's not easy for them to do that. I didn't notice a lot of staff around and the residents at the time were all eating so I couldn't see whether or not they were out and about.

CaringD July 12, 2013

My mother has been placed at Belmont Village and it worked out really well. It is an elegant place. It's a blessing to find an opening in the right place. We chose this facility primarily because it met certain standards: That it was a nice place, that it didn't smell, that the food was good, and that they have care memory program because my mother has Alzheimer's. Her room is elegant. It is a one-bedroom apartment. There is a kitchenette and the view from the bedroom and the living room area is exquisite. It overlooks the patio and the garden and you can hear the water fountain. It is just gorgeous. This facility also has graduating levels of care. As you go to the third floor and the fourth floor, there is the locked down floor for really-ill Alzheimer's patients, so you can age and be placed there. The staff is incredible. They have escorting service where in they come and take my mom, make sure she gets down for breakfast and lunch and also that she gets down to different activities. She loves it there. The first week all she could say is, "I feel safe, I feel safe." She is happy there. They have programs for people with memory problems and they do many sensory things. For activities, they have people come in and sing or play instruments for them. They have gardening and they do card games and arts and crafts. There is also a beauty salon on the fourth floor. I would totally recommend this place but for people that have a few bucks in the bank.

Lynda6 July 11, 2013

Belmont Village was nice and the location was convenient. The rooms seemed like a nice size. There wasn't anything negative but I'm just worried that it's elevated. The staff was nice and accommodating. I would recommend this place to others.

lemonchowder September 27, 2012

It is a very nice atmosphere much nicer than any hospital or assisted living facility I have been in before. There are lots of activities for people to enjoy such as lectures, art, and transportation is made very easy. One thing that I found very neat is that there is a menu instead of just having to eat what is supplied. Although, I do not have many homes to compare Belmont to the staff is very courteous and helpful. It has a nice location that doesn't limit the residents to the campus and my grandfather is able to use a facebook account at his leisure. Each apartment is well furnished and fancier than a lot of apartments and is equipped with things to help an older person. The keys on the microwave for example or enlarged and have braille.

roesbud May 08, 2012

My mother stayed there for 3 months. It's a wonderful facility. It's appointed more like an upscale hotel than facility. Wonderful great room, beautiful garden, studio apts., and a real dining room. The food is great, the staff as good as they can be. They have a state of the art memory care center. Meals and activities follow a regular schedule. Unfortunately, my mother's illness made it difficult to keep up, so we had to leave. But I highly recommend it.

SantaClara25 August 05, 2011

I visited Belmont Village of Sunnyvale while researching potential options for my mom that were near to my house. My mom currently lives in Asia so we were just trying to be prepared for the future. I had driven by the facility many times as it is located on El Camino Real and had never realized that this was an assisted living facility. I took a 1 hour tour with the staff and was shown several bedroom options, the outside courtyard, as well as the cafeteria. The staff seemed to genuinely care about each resident and could easily tell me his or her lifestory. Overall, I would consider this facility on my short list when the time comes.

Jack Alexander July 22, 2011

This facility is right on El Camino, so it's right around lots of neat stuff. The grounds are very attractive, with walking paths and gardens.

The common areas are nice, but a little old-fashioned. They have a computer lab and a library.

The food here is good and nutritious. I've eaten it before "“ we had a very nice breakfast the last time I was there. They have a professional chef.

The staff is very nice and helpful. The management are also very nice people. They have licensed nurses around the clock.

They have a lot of residents with Alzheimer's, so they have special activities for them.

StevePhil June 01, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

A couple of months ago my grandmother Josephine was staying at Belmont village of Sunnyvale a she had had a panic attack.. My Father and I went to see her, as we are the only two in the family who care about her a lot. The care provider for my grandmother was Margaret, a middle aged woman who seemed genuinely ready to take care of all my grandmothers need. They had a lot of medicine cabinets, so there didn't seem to be any danger of lack of medical utilities in case of emergency. There were lush gardens in the interior courtyard, which my grandmother said was very enjoyable, a pleasant sight to the eyes. They were very up to date with the latest technology, and had a gym room with all sorts of equipment, including a walking machine and various weights. Of course, that was of no use to my grandmother a she is 75 years old. They even had a computer room and a large Sony Bravia tv centered in each sitting room, of which there were more than twelve. I forgot to mention that Belmont village of Sunnyvale Is located between San Jose and San Francisco, smack in the middle of where I work for Apple, Inc. The care providers were a bit arrogant and unfriendly, which drastically reduced my respect and appreciation for the place. I noticed that the garden, even though my grandmother said it was nice, had a lot of beer cans littered around, which I found slightly strange. I asked Margaret about it, and she said that all the male health care providers have a poker night on Fridays. Upon hearing that, I was closer than ever to withdrawing my grandmother from that place right away. That building looked like it had been paint recently, as there was a faint smell of paint aroma. The building's structure itself looked quite old but secure. They had a state of the art security system to prevent theft. They did alot for the patients though which was quite commendable. They took tem out for walks, which pretty much all care providing services do, as well as held a bingo night for all the members. They had well lit and well spaced rooms for each of the seniors, and there was an emergency button in each of their rooms and well as in the hallways in case of cardiac arrest of collapsing of legs or Amy other emergency. All in all, the facilities and rooms were great, and the care provided to my grandmother was wonderful, but they seriously need to improve the staff and the overall atmosphere, which felt kind of gloomy despite all the recreational services I mentioned before. But I would recommend Belmont village of Sunnyvale to all my friends and family, bu only, and I repeat only if they stop their poker night on Fridays.

From Belmont Village Sunnyvale

The community of Belmont Village Sunnyvale is conveniently located between San Jose and San Francisco, in the heart of Silicon Valley. The facility is situated in a prime residential area, assisted living residents have easy access to shopping, restaurants, healthcare facilities and places of worship.

Inside the spacious building are more than a dozen living room settings as well as amenities including a gym, computer center, salon, and media room equipped with a big-screen television. Additionally, the large interior courtyard features walking paths, a gazebo and more than 25 flowering rose bushes and trees for residents and guests to enjoy. Outside, our unique Mission-style architecture received an award for its hand-crafted balustrades that are based on themes of the Spanish Missions of El Camino Real. These amenities combined with a well-trained and caring team of professionals make Belmont Village of Sunnyvale a welcoming and comfortable community for residents and their guests.

Experience the Belmont Village Difference
  • Dedicated Memory Care Residences
  • Assistance with daily living
  • Well-trained, dedicated staff
  • Chef-prepared, restaurant-style dining
  • Professionally supervised fitness center and wellness programs
  • Physical, occupational and speech therapies available on-site
  • Free scheduled transportation
  • Enrichment programs and social activities
  • Internet and email at the Center for Learning
  • Housekeeping and laundry
  • Private and companion apartments
  • Short-term stays available
Memory Care rate includes the following
(there is an additional fee for enhanced personal care.)
  • Basic Personal Care (activity reminders and stand-by assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and escorts)
  • Three delicious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style daily in Josephine's Kitchen
  • Licensed Nurse on-site 24 hours a day
  • Regular monitoring of residents' wellness and periodic health assessments
  • Senior-focused social, recreational, educational and gardening activities
  • 24-hour emergency call response system
  • Daily scheduled transportation to nearby shops, physicians' offices or special events
  • Weekly housekeeping, laundering of bed linens and personal laundry
  • Daily trash removal and bed-making
  • All utilities except private telephone
  • Cable TV programming

We offer a program for residents with Mild Cognitive Impairment in our Assisted Living called, "Circle of Friends." The program was piloted 7 + years ago and is research based. The programs emphasis is in providing therapeutic programs 7 days a week which focuses on training and reinforcing a person's cognitive abilities while at the same time building cognitive reserves. The program assists our residents in organizing ideas, task sequencing, expressive and receptive language, critical thinking while having fun and being with their friends who share the same journey. Each of our residents feel a sense of purpose, belonging and receive a lot of encouragement. Located near El Camino Medical Center.

Features of Belmont Village Sunnyvale

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Book clubs
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,695/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: RCFE 435202351
  • State License(s): 435202351

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Belmont Village Sunnyvale