Atria Sunnyvale

175 East Remington Drive, Sunnyvale, CA, 94087

Reviews of Atria Sunnyvale

Caring101156450 January 21, 2015

Atria is close to my place. The staff is OK and cheerful. You hire someone to go in and exercise with my mom every day. They don’t do everything. She has a larger room, she has room for her piano, bed, and dresser, and that seems to be enough. It’s not huge, but she is happy. She gained a bunch of weight there; the food is good enough. I think they probably do a great job on the food.

They tried to get mom to participate; before she moved in the memory unit, she participated a lot. They have like chair exercise, mind games, and craft games, and the whole building totally has not quite 200 people. It’s a big place.

David96201450 October 16, 2014

The Atria was much smaller than my parents expected it to be as far as the rooms go. They also thought it was very old looking. It wasn’t upgraded like the furnishings and so on. It wasn’t, by any means, bad, but it was old. We just did a quick walk through, but people were nice. I think they had cards and bingo. It seemed OK. I wasn’t disappointed in that. The main disappointment was the size of the rooms, and it was very old.

Thank you for stopping by to tour our community. Though we did not end up being the perfect fit for you here, we would love to share information with you about our other great communities in the area. Please feel free to reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com, including “Atria Sunnyvale” in your subject line, if we can be of further service to your family. We are here to help and wish you the best!

Caring87148450 October 07, 2014

My parents did like the Atria Sunnyvale, but they just don't like the weather here. The residents seemed happy, and when I went there, they were getting ready to go on an excursion someplace. The apartments were nice; they were a small-size, but my parents don't need that much room. The dining area was very, very nice.

ann4177 September 11, 2014

I love Sunnyvale, and that’s where I would take my mom if she would say yes. I like the location, and the place is very well-maintained. It was very nice and everybody looked happy there. The staff member named Patrick was very helpful, and he gave a very nice tour. It’s a great place, and I really like it.

Nola1 August 30, 2014

I love the Atria Sunnyvale area because it’s right down the area from where I work. It’s very convenient. It’s a beautiful facility; very well-kept. The day I went, they had people in the music room watching a cooking demonstration and tryong samples of the food. I looked at the rooms. They’re just very nice rooms. You have to furnish them yourself and you decorate them, too. They sent me home with an apple pie that was still warm from the oven for dessert for the evening. It was excellent. Unfortunately, I haven’t gotten my aunt here yet. She is on a waiting list. That’s one thing. I wish I could bring her out and have her there right now. I was very impressed with the staff, the appearance of the facility, and what they have to offer. It was our first choice.

Caring79148750 June 19, 2014

The residents at Atria Sunnyvale looked like they were happy. We looked at different room options, and they were all very nice, but the smallest one was very small, and that would not be good for two people. We looked also one that had a small kitchenette, and we liked that very much. They have decorations for different events. They have meeting rooms and a library. Their dining room was very big and nice. They have bus and shopping trips. Overall, it was nice.

edith5 March 26, 2014

My mom is on the waiting list at Atria Sunnyvale. It's well organized and clean. I like its location. The guy I spoke with was very excellent. The room and the dining area are great. They have different activities, too. What I like the most is its homey feeling. It exceeds our expectations.

Caring41757550 February 01, 2014

Location-wise, Atria Sunnyvale is very close to us. They have independent and assisted living. They also have memory care that was recently added. They had a lot of activities and everything was upbeat. The dining room was really nice. Their rooms were nice as well. Of course, we saw a model room, so that's a little different. It did have a lot of nice features to it. It didn't have any musty smell that some of the other places had. They did have food available all the time. They have a big selection of choices that are available from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Then they have breakfast, lunch and dinner. You also have a choice of fish, meat or vegetarian at each meal for both lunch and dinner. Every two weeks, the chef would have a cooking demonstration. I went to one of those and the food was very good. During my visit, the staff accommodated me very well. Everybody was very cheerful and helpful.

Caring75045550 December 13, 2013

I personally don’t like Atria Sunnyvale. One of my main concerns is the room. It doesn’t seem that there is a healthy air quality because when I went in there the apartment it smells. When I walk around the corridors, there doesn’t seem to be fresh air.

Thank you for your feedback on our community. I am concerned about the odor you mention, as Atria takes pride in offering communities that are clean and odor free at all times, as well as inviting to guests and residents. I will be sure to share your feedback with the appropriate staff to ensure that we maintain the highest standards of excellence. I encourage you to contact us if you would like to provide more details. Email customersrvicee@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include the atria community name in your subject line.

Robert76260450 September 26, 2013

The staff was excellent. The manager was very accommodating and helpful. They had excellent food and menu. They had studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom units, which were neat and tidy. You could bring your own personal things. Visitors could come in anytime as long as they would sign in. I thought it was an excellent facility and I would not hesitate to put my client or even my mom there. I would recommend it to others.

George33 June 26, 2013

Atria Sunnyvale has more of an institutionalized feeling although the place is fine. The staff are friendly and the people there seemed happy. They have trips to go to the mall. They also have yoga and small concerts for the residents.

Caring6854 April 17, 2013

Atria at Sunnyvale is a nice facility but I didn't think it would be a good fit for my dad. They're really nice and everything was great. I'd recommend Atria to other people for sure.

JProulx June 02, 2012

The staff were very courteous, helpful and friendly. The accommodations were very clean and clearly cared for. All residents appeared to be happy and satisfied that they were there. We interacted with a few different residents during our monthly visits and each time they were grateful for our visit and commented about how much they enjoyed their stay there. The menu, complete with custom menu items and a gourmet chef, was one of the main selling points the company used, and that each resident commented upon. The rooms were spacious, the grounds were well taken care of, and the overall atmosphere was one of an apartment complex, rather than a hospital.

A Happy Granddaughter May 19, 2012

Atria creates a wonderful environment for their residents, while meeting their needs. My grandmother is happier and more engaged in life, since her move there. Her room is off an enclosed courtyard, which makes for a wonderful place to visit while my children have a place to run around. The staff is very friendly, and willing to help with any issues that may arise.

TxTwisterGl November 19, 2011

I went to see my aunt who is a resident at Atria Sunnyvale in March of this year. Although its an older building it was a very nie place. They were making cookies in the front area and it smelled great. Front desk person showed me to my aunts room because Im not from there and hadnt been to see her yet. The room, slthough small, was nice. My aunt said they ahad painted and carpeted her room for her 2 weeks before and she loved the place. I took her to lunch in the dining room and they had food that was fantastic. It was Sunday brunch and they had an omelet station. Not only did the chef come out but the administrator came out to see me to meet me. I wish Texas had places like this.

From Atria Sunnyvale

Atria Sunnyvale is a welcoming assisted living community in a lovely, quiet neighborhood situated close to downtown Sunnyvale, California. Residents and their families can enjoy a stroll along winding walkways or relax in the beautifully landscaped courtyard. Or they may prefer to entertain friends in the beautiful new banquet room or luxurious lobby. The community also features updated apartments.

Conveniently located near community centers, parks, shopping and medical facilities, Atria Sunnyvale offers the finest assisted living experience in the area. The unique ability to merge retirement living with an engaging lifestyle distinguishes Atria from other California senior communities. Atria Sunnyvale also now offers memory care services for those challenged with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.

Atria builds vibrant assisted living communities that provide seniors with comfort, companionship and a better quality of life in their later years. Our goal is to always create an independent living environment where older people thrive, where loneliness and isolation are behind them, and where families and friends feel secure their loved ones are protected and fulfilled. This doesn't happen by accident. Behind the warmth and welcome of Atria Senior Living communities are compassionate caregivers equipped with pages of protocols, standards and metrics - and a real investment, on everybody's part, in doing what is right.

Features of Atria Sunnyvale