Sun City Senior Living

3855 Upper Creek Dr, Sun City, FL, 33573

Promotion ends in 10 days!

Assisted Living, Memory Care, Adult Day Care & Respite in the greater Tampa Bay Area. Pet friendly, close to beaches, shopping and hospitals. We offer daycare from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, chef inspired meals and life enriching activities.

Reviews of Sun City Senior Living

3.7

May 26, 2015

By Vicki40

The rooms at Sun City looked very clean and very livable. They would go to Walmart, they go out to eat, and if you are able, they have everything like you can go to baseball games and stuff. They did offer, but we didn't eat there, and they showed us the menu. It was a good menu, and I think they had ehat was going to be served up for either three days or five days.

April 22, 2015

By Debra1971

I placed my mother here in Feb. and moved her out in March. I wish I had checkd the reviews before We paid out all of the money for two months and Pacifica is still taking. The staff is very lazy and will help if someone is watching. Her room was not clean and the bathroom was worse. I was told if I wanted extra cleaning like taking the trash out , changing the sheets were could pay extra. I find she was given incorrect medication which was confirmed by her doctor. Anyone wanting to find a place safe and clean for a loved one DON.'T place them in this facility.

January 06, 2015

By Ed31

The rooms in Sun City Senior Living are not as updated. Everything else was fine. The staff was good. I did not go as far as eat there or doing anything like that, but everything else was good. I don't have a list of the activities, but they do have lots of activities. The room is typical and average in size. Everything else was good.

July 31, 2014

My mother-in-law is living in Sun City Senior Living. It is clean and nice. She's happy and everything she needs is there. She has a typical apartment with a couple of bedrooms, a living room, a bathroom and it's really nice. I am very happy with what she has.

April 21, 2014

By Lynn29

Sun City had individual houses and they had apartment buildings, but they were very spread out. We didn't go to the assisted living and the hospital. However, one of my friends had stayed in both of them, and she received superior care. We toured everything, and they were very nice. The houses were spacious. They had two bedrooms with a den, a living room, a dining room, and a kitchen, plus your own garage. It is very nice and well-kept.

February 17, 2014

By Muggins

Other

I used this facility for daycare for spouse specifically because I was told they had hired someone to look after daycare folks each day. Twice when I went in, she was not there that day and he was placed in the dementia unit. The next time it happened I asked to be advised beforehand if that employee was not there. So again he was placed in the dementia unit which was undergoing renovation with all the associated noise etc. When I went to get him later, the directore that that unit said "he's not here today." Need I say more? Well, yes, I do. I complained to the director of the facility; was told he was "gone and we don't have anybody in charge right now.."

November 23, 2013

By esther4

Other

Has excellent program for people to try out assisted living. I was helping a neighbor help his newly widowed father.

August 14, 2013

By Karen66906050

It was nice. They had a swimming pool. The staff was fine but for us Sun City was too crowded. I would recommend them to others.

June 05, 2012

By Concerned 02

My mother moved into the facility in December, since that time I have noticed a decline in the caring nature of the employees. There seems to be a problem ordering the proper amount of food for the residents. Such as, running out of orange juice, milk and jelly all in one day! I understand this once in awhile but it seems there are issues daily with "we don't have any" Mother needed ice for a bruise on her arm and was told the kitchen was closed and couldn't get any for her......really? How about applesauce for her to take her medications so she doesn't choke.....sorry, we don't have any. The elderly are picky eaters but one (1) chicken wing on a plate does not constitute a meal, there was nothing else on the plate. Really....for what it cost to live there I expect better. We were not told upon moving her in that she would only get two (2) showers per week, unless we paid for more.....really? How many of us are satisfied with 2 showers a week? I keep hoping for some good things to happen soon.

June 01, 2012

By colstark

It seems to be a decent place to live. She is cognizant and has had no complaints (she would if there were any). Yet I only give it 3 stars because it is incredibly expensive. It is my understanding her retirement has been wiped out because of her stay.The employees are attentive to her needs, as her health is degrading quickly. She seems to have plenty of activities to keep her occupied. She describes the food to be bland. I attribute this to because the elderly may not be able to handle more exotic foods; so I don't find any fault with this complaint. She has an apartment (sort of) that she lives w/ her partner of over a decade. They seem content. The apartment itself did not seem like a nursing home at all, but true semi-independant living. I do remember their being call devices located throughout in the event of an emergency. Additionally I know that if their were any issues, her immediate relatives would intervene. So all in all, I would say this has been a positive experience for her.

Questions About Sun City Senior Living

Assisted Living at Sun City Senior Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sun City Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The Residents at Sun City Senior Living enjoy a wide variety of social activities and outings.

What programs or activities does Sun City Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Sun City Senior Living offers social, cultural and fun activities for everyone's enjoyment.

What places are near Sun City Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Sun City Senior Living is located near shopping, restaurants and golf courses.

What transportation services does Sun City Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We provide transportation to/from doctors appointments, and resident outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sun City Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Sun City Senior Livingoffers restaurant style dining in our home-like dining room setting with delicious meals prepared by our Chef.

What safety features or security measures does Sun City Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

Sun City Senior Living provides pull cords in resident rooms for safety/security when you need it most.

How does Sun City Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We offer monthly family nights and newsletters to keep families engaged and informed.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sun City Senior Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

Care Staff to Resident Ratio is based on census as well as needs, so staffing hours vary to fit the needs of the residents.

If Sun City Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept dogs/cats as long as the resident can provide car to that animal.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff receiving ongoing training in assisted living, dementia, fire safety, infection control, activities, etc.

What safety features or security measures does Sun City Senior Living provide to protect residents who wander?

Sun City Senior Living has a secure Memory Care unit for those residents that wander.

Memory Care at Sun City Senior Living

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a registered nurse, a med tech, three caregivers, an activities director, and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff is comprised of a med tech, two caregivers, and a registered nurse on-call.

What programs or activities does Sun City Senior Living offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Sun City Senior Living use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Sun City Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Sun City Senior Living. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential

Photos of Sun City Senior Living

Features of Sun City Senior Living

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3995/month

• Pharma

• Activities Extra: Friday Afternoon Happy Hour With Appetizers And Beverages Along With Entertainment Open To Our Residents And Family And Friends Of Our Residents.

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Sun City Senior Living

Welcome to Sun City Senior Living, our beautiful, safe, and friendly community of quality caregivers, well trained professionals, and most importantly, satisfied residents. Located near the greater Tampa Bar Area, Sun City Senior Living offers a full spectrum of assisted living and memory care services administered by a specifically trained, caring, and experienced staff.

We are proud of the outstanding reputation we've earned in the greater Tampa Bay Area, a reputation built on strong values, a solid work ethic and the best care and outside medical services available. At Sun City Senior Living, you will enjoy a retirement lifestyle provided in stunning settings; a lifestyle rich with services, amenities and endless possibilities.

Some of the offerings our residents enjoy:

• Several outdoor seating areas for our residents to enjoy the beautiful weather.
  • Large activity room where residents can play BINGO, work puzzles, arts and crafts, a reading area, videos and DVD’s available to residents
  • Computer access, with a magnifier for residents with vision problems for reading.
  • We offer daycare from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, meals and inside the community activities included at a set fee
  • Large screen TV for viewing, and Wii activity games such as Wii bowling
  • Fireplace for winter and cooler evenings.
  • Our memory care is a secured area with an outdoor seating area that is also secure for our memory care residents to enjoy.
  • Health Services include: Contracted Pharmacy services, Monthly Podiatrist visit, Monthly Dermatology visits, Hearing and visual screening on a regular basis, and physician services on a weekly basis for residents that don’t have a primary care doctor or wish to use our in house physician services.
  • Regular Pet Therapy visits
  • Special Movie & popcorn events
  • Resident Scavenger Hunts
  • Ice cream socials
  • Quarterly resident and family nights. Staff serves the residents and their family members.
  • Worship services available (Catholic and non-denominational)
  • Outside activities can include: sporting events, state fairs and festivals, dining out, historic sites, etc.
  • And much more!