Pacifica Senior Living Sun City

3855 Upper Creek Dr, Sun City, FL, 33573

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Sun City

May 27, 2015

By Vicki40

The rooms at Sun City looked very clean and very livable. They would go to Walmart, they go out to eat, and if you are able, they have everything like you can go to baseball games and stuff. They did offer, but we didn't eat there, and they showed us the menu. It was a good menu, and I think they had ehat was going to be served up for either three days or five days.

April 22, 2015

By Debra1971

I placed my mother here in Feb. and moved her out in March. I wish I had checkd the reviews before We paid out all of the money for two months and Pacifica is still taking. The staff is very lazy and will help if someone is watching. Her room was not clean and the bathroom was worse. I was told if I wanted extra cleaning like taking the trash out , changing the sheets were could pay extra. I find she was given incorrect medication which was confirmed by her doctor. Anyone wanting to find a place safe and clean for a loved one DON.'T place them in this facility.

January 06, 2015

By Ed31

The rooms in Sun City Senior Living are not as updated. Everything else was fine. The staff was good. I did not go as far as eat there or doing anything like that, but everything else was good. I don't have a list of the activities, but they do have lots of activities. The room is typical and average in size. Everything else was good.

July 31, 2014

My mother-in-law is living in Sun City Senior Living. It is clean and nice. She's happy and everything she needs is there. She has a typical apartment with a couple of bedrooms, a living room, a bathroom and it's really nice. I am very happy with what she has.

April 22, 2014

By Lynn29

Sun City had individual houses and they had apartment buildings, but they were very spread out. We didn't go to the assisted living and the hospital. However, one of my friends had stayed in both of them, and she received superior care. We toured everything, and they were very nice. The houses were spacious. They had two bedrooms with a den, a living room, a dining room, and a kitchen, plus your own garage. It is very nice and well-kept.

February 17, 2014

By Muggins

Other

I used this facility for daycare for spouse specifically because I was told they had hired someone to look after daycare folks each day. Twice when I went in, she was not there that day and he was placed in the dementia unit. The next time it happened I asked to be advised beforehand if that employee was not there. So again he was placed in the dementia unit which was undergoing renovation with all the associated noise etc. When I went to get him later, the directore that that unit said "he's not here today." Need I say more? Well, yes, I do. I complained to the director of the facility; was told he was "gone and we don't have anybody in charge right now.."

November 24, 2013

By esther4

Other

Has excellent program for people to try out assisted living. I was helping a neighbor help his newly widowed father.

August 15, 2013

By Karen66906050

It was nice. They had a swimming pool. The staff was fine but for us Sun City was too crowded. I would recommend them to others.

June 05, 2012

By Concerned 02

My mother moved into the facility in December, since that time I have noticed a decline in the caring nature of the employees. There seems to be a problem ordering the proper amount of food for the residents. Such as, running out of orange juice, milk and jelly all in one day! I understand this once in awhile but it seems there are issues daily with "we don't have any" Mother needed ice for a bruise on her arm and was told the kitchen was closed and couldn't get any for her......really? How about applesauce for her to take her medications so she doesn't choke.....sorry, we don't have any. The elderly are picky eaters but one (1) chicken wing on a plate does not constitute a meal, there was nothing else on the plate. Really....for what it cost to live there I expect better. We were not told upon moving her in that she would only get two (2) showers per week, unless we paid for more.....really? How many of us are satisfied with 2 showers a week? I keep hoping for some good things to happen soon.

June 01, 2012

By colstark

It seems to be a decent place to live. She is cognizant and has had no complaints (she would if there were any). Yet I only give it 3 stars because it is incredibly expensive. It is my understanding her retirement has been wiped out because of her stay.The employees are attentive to her needs, as her health is degrading quickly. She seems to have plenty of activities to keep her occupied. She describes the food to be bland. I attribute this to because the elderly may not be able to handle more exotic foods; so I don't find any fault with this complaint. She has an apartment (sort of) that she lives w/ her partner of over a decade. They seem content. The apartment itself did not seem like a nursing home at all, but true semi-independant living. I do remember their being call devices located throughout in the event of an emergency. Additionally I know that if their were any issues, her immediate relatives would intervene. So all in all, I would say this has been a positive experience for her.

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Sun City

Features of Pacifica Senior Living Sun City

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3995/month

• Pharma

• Activities Extra: Friday Afternoon Happy Hour With Appetizers And Beverages Along With Entertainment Open To Our Residents And Family And Friends Of Our Residents.

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Pacifica Senior Living Sun City

Welcome to Pacifica Senior Living Sun City, our beautiful, safe, and friendly community of quality caregivers, well trained professionals, and most importantly, satisfied residents. Located near the greater Tampa Bar Area, Pacifica Senior Living Sun City offers a full spectrum of assisted living and memory care services administered by a specifically trained, caring, and experienced staff.

We are proud of the outstanding reputation we've earned in the greater Tampa Bay Area, a reputation built on strong values, a solid work ethic and the best care and outside medical services available. At Pacifica Senior Living Sun City, you will enjoy a retirement lifestyle provided in stunning settings; a lifestyle rich with services, amenities and endless possibilities.

Some of the offerings our residents enjoy:

• Several outdoor seating areas for our residents to enjoy the beautiful weather.
  • Large activity room where residents can play BINGO, work puzzles, arts and crafts, a reading area, videos and DVD’s available to residents
  • Computer access, with a magnifier for residents with vision problems for reading.
  • We offer daycare from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, meals and inside the community activities included at a set fee
  • Large screen TV for viewing, and Wii activity games such as Wii bowling
  • Fireplace for winter and cooler evenings.
  • Our memory care is a secured area with an outdoor seating area that is also secure for our memory care residents to enjoy.
  • Health Services include: Contracted Pharmacy services, Monthly Podiatrist visit, Monthly Dermatology visits, Hearing and visual screening on a regular basis, and physician services on a weekly basis for residents that don’t have a primary care doctor or wish to use our in house physician services.
  • Regular Pet Therapy visits
  • Special Movie & popcorn events
  • Resident Scavenger Hunts
  • Ice cream socials
  • Quarterly resident and family nights. Staff serves the residents and their family members.
  • Worship services available (Catholic and non-denominational)
  • Outside activities can include: sporting events, state fairs and festivals, dining out, historic sites, etc.
  • And much more!