Sun Towers Retirement

★★★★
America's Highest Rated Communities

Reviews of Sun Towers Retirement

Judy P. October 09, 2015

I moved into Sun Towers 2 years ago. I lived in Dover, DE for 53 years. Although I miss Dover, Sun Towers makes me feel at home. The staff is always courteous and helpful. I have made many new friends.

Caring112444150 September 30, 2015

My in-laws are now settled in Sun Towers. They have more options, and they have lots of different floor plans. We are impressed by the staff and by the facilities. My in-laws say the food is very good. They have a one-bedroom, but they are on the waiting list for a two-bedroom unit. They had a full range of activities. It is by far the best of the facilities that we have toured.

I am so pleased to hear that they have already settled in! We are happy to have them and look forward to getting them settled once more into the two bedroom home of their dreams.

Deejay3 July 14, 2015

Studio apt. is very nice with screened in area overlooking a lake and swimming pool. Staff are wonderful, always providing great service and loving care.

Patricia108268550 June 14, 2015

Sun Towers is a little older, but big, and lots of activities. It's almost an activity point for anyone in town. I go there every week -- once a month for Parkinson's support group -- and yesterday for an Alzheimer's group. They offer things to the community even though it's an assisted living. I know some people who live there, and they think the staff is very friendly, but the food could be better. The people are helpful. It has assisted and independent units, and it does have one floor for memory care. They have a pretty large outside area with a pool, a pond, and a duck. It has 250 clients, so I didn't think that was the place for my husband. The size of it would not be good for somebody who needs the care. A lot of them had kitchenettes, and I didn't want my husband anywhere near a stove or a microwave. They offer different floor plans, and their pricing is less than other places.

MaryLou_Resident February 26, 2015

I am now in my second year at Sun Towers. I am frequently ask if I am happy with my move to the Towers. My answer is always yes, I made a good choice! The staff and residents are caring and friendly and it is nice knowing I am never alone and can get help if ever I need it. There are many activities and sometimes special programs to enjoy. I can be as busy as I wish, or just be by myself and relax in my apartment. Is life at the Towers perfect? No life just is not perfect where ever you are, but as a famous quote says, "Perfect is not normal, nor is it interesting."We have many positives here for all the above reasons. I am happy to call Sun Towers my home!

GrampasHome February 26, 2015

My husbands Grandfather is a resident of Sun Towers. We moved both him and his parents here from Arizona so we could be closer to them as they are getting older.

We had him in an assisted living facility in Arizona that was very upscale and expensive. We only wanted the best care for him in the world and new he was a bit fussy and difficult. He was NOT eager to move out of it at all and very reluctant to move to Florida for that matter.

He was a bit tricky to work with so it was very important that we had a facility that could handle his mood swings and temperament. Even though his apartment in Arizona was very nice, he seemed to not be happy much of the time which made us determined to find a suitable place that would be able to work with him.

After looking at a number of available apartments, we decided on Sun Towers. The price was very reasonable for the level of service and care and the staff seemed to be very eager to help.

Well, all I can say is we made the best decision ever! He couldn't be happier with his arrangement at Sun Towers. He absolutely loves it and his attitude about Florida and his housing have been nothing short of a miracle. He RAVES about how the staff spoils him all the time. I visit him every Friday and he is always telling me how well they care for him and how they come up to his room just to chat. I almost can't believe that these words are coming out of his mouth. He is so happy here.

I can't thank the staff enough for how kind and supportive they are and how pleased we are with the attention he gets and how welcome and friendly they are toward him.

From the food to his apartment, everything is professional in an "at-home" sort of way. Whenever I go in there, I feel this way too.

Thanks Sun Towers for making a difference in all of our lives!

Roy B. Winn February 17, 2015

In September 2014, while going to breakfast, I had a heart attack. I took a nitroglycerin tablet. Returning to my apartment, I had another heart attack and I took another pill. Reaching my apartment I phoned my V.A. Case Load Home Base Manager, Mrs. Russell and informed her of the attack.

Feeling better, I went to lunch with my son. Arriving back at my apartment, I had another heart attack, I took another pill and laid down. I don't remember answering the phone. Mrs. Russell, unable to make any sense in our conversation hung up and called the nursing station here at Sun Towers. Katrina answered the phone and came to see me. She put me in a wheelchair and took me to the lobby and put me in an ambulance and sent me to the hospital.

She saved my life. In the hospital for the next five to six weeks, I had a heart overhaul. Cleaning it up, cleaning the stents that were there and adding more as necessary. The electro-physiologist doctor replaced my pacemaker with a new type of defibrillator which can reprogram my heart. The staff here at the Sun Towers are really great, from the everyday worker to the top CEO, Mr. Nelson. If it were not for all of these wonderful people I would not be here now.

Barbara Oliver February 17, 2015

I recently returned from a month's vacation to Connecticut for the Christmas holidays. I was amazed at the welcome I received from my dinner friend and others who noticed I was missing for some time. I especially was thrilled that Michael, in the dining room was so happy to see me back and was worried about me. A fine gentleman.

Martha39 January 13, 2015

We chose Sun Towers as first of all they had availability, and that was the biggest thing. It goes from independent to assisted living care. The rooms were nice and big. They had social activities for the residents which was important for my husband.

Everything is nice and clean. Maintenance is kept up to date. There is a happy hour, and my husband plays cards, so there is card playing, and they go out for meals once a week.

Barbara35687050 January 31, 2014

Sun Towers is very nice. It's just that it's a rental. If we move in there it would be about the same price a month with our current place. However, when we ran out of money they would take us out and we can't afford that.

The place itself is attractive. They give you 3 meals a day if you need them. The people there are friendly. They have therapy, a fitness room, library and other amenities. I only saw their smallest room which was quite adorable and most of them have a little porch.

JCooper January 29, 2014

I am ecstatic that my father has found a permanent home at Sun Towers! He requires a high level of hands on care around the clock, and they are able to provide that for him. He moved in from Sun Terrace where he received excellent rehabilitative services. When he went into Sun Terrace he was wheelchair bound and could not support his weight. When his rehab was completed he was able to walk small distances with only assistance to stand. We were very limited in our choices of facilities that could provide the level of care that my father needs because he is insulin dependent. Sun Towers is able to check his sugar and give him his shots at any time because they have licensed nurses on staff 24 hours a day! The nursing staff is very kind and gentle with him. He loves it there, and tells everyone that he feels like he lives in a fancy hotel.

Norbeck family November 18, 2013

The care they provided my mother in her 2 years there until her death in Junes was exceptional. All my questions and concerns were dealt with promptly. Tosha and TJ in the Towers and Christine and the physical therapists at the Terrace were so helpful. It eased my mind greatly as I was 12 hours away but knew my mother was in excellent hands and dealt with her eccentric ways. cheerfully.

Michelle25 July 24, 2013

The rooms were really nice and very spacious in Sun Tower. They were friendly; they answered all the questions and they followed up and called back. They had a beautiful dining area. There seemed to be a lot of activities going on. But they just have a long waiting list.

Caring5697 April 30, 2013

We like everything about the Sun Towers. It's clean and the staff is really good. There's a lot going on every time you walk in. It's just kind of upbeat with all kinds of activities every day. The food is good and they have a nice, big dining room.

Fond Family Member August 30, 2012

I am the family member of a resident of Sun Towers. I cannot put into words how happy I am that I placed my mom in their facility. Not only does their staff go above and beyond the normal call of duty, but as my mom bounced back and forth between independent and assisted living (WITHOUT HAVING TO SWITCH APTS!!!) they were on top of things and she got the immediate care and therapy she need post haste! The support groups have also been a blessing. In dealing with the loss of my dad, I was able to attend their grief support group with her and was thrilled to learn of all the other resources that Sun Towers offers! I will always recommend Sun Towers as I know they will take the absolute best care of my mom until her final days. I take security in knowing that.

mikenick June 29, 2012

I felt like this company was ran the wrong way at times. The staff were sometimes rude and not caring to the residents. I have noticed some of the staff seem to not fully do their job as their job title stated. Althought the physical therapists were great, they always care for the residents they were assisting and they always wore a smile on their face. I feel like if I were to look for a location for a family member of mine I would choose somewhere else to take them. I know that somethings have changed here a little like the new lockdown unit but I still think they have a ways to go.

From Sun Towers Retirement

Sun Towers is the most desirable retirement community in Florida. We accommodate the evolving health and social needs of our residents, all for one very affordable price.

Assisted Living

We customize our a la cart services to suit your individual needs while allowing you to age in place right in your own apartment. You can add or discontinue services at any time. At Sun Towers your safety and comfort are our first priority. Sun Towers offers all the independence you want with the security of having all the assistance you may need.

Apartments are available for either short term or long term residency

Assisted Living Amenities
  • Three meals per day (light breakfast, lunch and dinner)
  • All utilities (except telephone and internet)
  • Cable TV (basic channels)
  • Weekly routine housekeeping/annual deep clean
  • Flat linen laundry service
  • Unlimited complimentary use of laundry facilities
  • On-Site Physician’s Clinic
  • Heated Swimming pool
  • Scheduled activities & planned social / recreational events
  • Private mailbox
  • 24 hour licensed nurse supervision/assistance with medication, bathing, grooming and dressing
  • Additional storage space available
  • Concierge Services
  • Small pets are welcome
Memory Care

At the Private Suites within Sun Towers, we have taken the extra step to seek the best for your loved one. By receiving training from the USF Byrd Alzheimer’s Institute where they are conducting innovative research, our certified nursing assistants will provide the most up-to-date compassionate memory care available in a secure environment. Our residents are given individualized activities based on their assessed needs in order to offer a customized level of care.

Our comprehensive memory care program will include much needed Extended Congregate Care services to allow our residents to truly age in place.

It is our privilege to assist you through this transition and to offer the highest quality Alzheimer’s and Dementia care for your family member.

Advantage Program:

The Advantage Program is an Assisted Living program that allows you to receive up to two assisted living services at individual pricing. It includes all of the Independent Services plus two Assisted Living Services selected from the table below.

• Assistance with monitoring medications
  • Every two hour courtesy and bed checks
  • Assistance with Showers
  • Assistance to Meals
  • Dressing Assistance
  • Personal laundry service (includes bed linen change 1/week)
  • Bed making
Respite Care (Short Term Assisted Living)
  • ServiceFlexibility for a short stay for recuperation
  • A fully furnished apartment, television, basic cable, and local phone service

You’ve grown accustomed to an independent lifestyle. That won’t change at Sun Towers. Maintain Your Independence with access to our continuum of long term care services.

Features of Sun Towers Retirement

• Golf
  • General store
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: We offer a heated pool and Aquatic Therapy

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: We offer Line Dancing with a balance

• Private services

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,921/month

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: Depends on Care Level

• Licenses: AL4991

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sun Towers Retirement