Brookdale Cherry Hills

28333 Valley Blvd., Sun City, CA, 92586

Reviews of Brookdale Cherry Hills

Anonymous116411250 November 25, 2015

Cherry Hills is the only one that we visited. Everything is very nice, like a hotel. They renovated recently, so everything is very nice. They serve three meals a day. It is fully equipped with an activities director, dietary director, and wellness director. We have things going on all of the time.

Chuck16 August 21, 2015

The price at Brookdale Cherry Hills is the best. The food is by far better than anything we have, and their menu is par excellence. It is almost like picking from a first-class restaurant. The rooms are small. We would have to give up space that we would like to have because we want to stay here. The room that I have is only 360-square feet, and it is too small, but if I go to one-bedroom, it would be $800 a month more, and it is not worth that. The staff has been so helpful and friendly. They’re really notable because they know everyone of us by first name. I can walk down the hall, and anybody on the staff would say, “Hi Chuck!” I’m just overall astounded that the staff knows us by our first name. I most certainly would recommend this facility. We are impressed by the exterior too. It is so expansive. and it just lit up like something in Las Vegas. It is a beautiful building.

Caring111165750 July 21, 2015

I am happy with the initial care getting my dad in, which was with the salesperson, but I am currently disappointed with the caregivers. They're understaffed, and my dad is not getting the care he needs properly enough, but I'm happy that they're working with us. The rooms are very nice, very clean, decorated very nicely, and very comfortable. The air-conditioning works very well. Brookdale Cherry Hills (Formerly The Cherry Hills Club) is a very nice facility. The dining room is very nice except it's very expensive for family members to join for dinner. They have movie nights every night, games, church services, and sing-alongs, and they have an exercise room and a game room. They have a lot of activities.

Caring110580650 June 30, 2015

My mother is in Brookdale Cherry Hills. It is great. We have nothing but good experience. I have nothing but good things to say about them. We chose it mostly because of the cost. It is the most reasonable out of the other places we looked at.

It is beautiful. In fact, they are in the process of updating everything, but I don't think they need to, but it is very beautiful and very upscale. I have no complaints whatsoever. The people are wonderful. They already know my mother by name, and they are very caring. They have some things to do there, and she has been involved with lots of things already, although it has only been three weeks. She can't say enough good things about the food. It is restaurant style. They order from a menu, and she loves the food.

Caring106871650 May 23, 2015

I liked it a lot, but I couldn't afford to be there. They were very helpful and did everything they could to get the price down for me, but I still couldn’t afford it. It was wonderful and beautiful, and I would love to live at Brookdale Cherry Hills (The Cherry Hills Club). I didn't eat there, but it was getting near their lunchtime, and the food smelled very good. They had their menu out also, and I could tell there was something you could get even without looking at the daily menu. You could get whatever you wanted or order whatever you want off of the menu. It was very nice, and I would recommend it in a second to somebody who could afford it. They only had one room left that was a studio, and it was very nice and clean. It was small, but it was enough for me. I liked it a lot. Everything was fine, and everyone looked happy to me.

LovelyLady27 December 14, 2014

Mom is at Cherry Hills Club. I think it’s excellent. She’s doing well; she’s very happy there. It is everything that she needs. The staff is very good, and it’s very clean. It was closest to the house, and we were happy with it.

Mary96779350 November 07, 2014

My mother is at The Cherry Hills Club. We chose it because it was $900 cheaper, a lot nicer, and the food is outstanding. Their staff is extremely friendly, and they care about the residents. My mom lives in a studio apartment, and it was all brand new when she moved in. They had brand new carpets and brand new cabinets. Everything is brand new. It is very quiet, and there is a nice view of trees out the window. The dining room is more like a restaurant. They have like a "default" menu where you can choose anything any day, and they probably have 15 items that you could choose from that change daily. Also they don't have dining room hours, so you can go in the dining room anytime and order food. They have many, many activities, i.e., bingo and horse racing game which I think every resident goes to. They have exercise, and they have a theater that they show movies a couple of times a day. My mom has a bunch of friends that she plays card with. At no charge, they will send out invitations to your friends and have a party for your friends with no cost to the resident. They serve hors d’oeuvres, drinks, finger sandwiches, everything, so you could have your own card party or any kind of party in there. They have designated rooms for that. The place is friendly and very clean. Everything is just kept nice and clean. I feel very secure having my mom there. She is much happier. She just feels very safe and comfortable there.

Caring99319750 September 24, 2014

The Cherry Hills Club was very nice, but it was more expensive than the other facility that we looked at. It was on equal status with the other facility. Sanitation was excellent. They have different sized apartments and those were very nice. They had a very interesting group of people there. All were very active and very well dressed. We also had lunch there. They had a nice dining room where you can go anytime and get a menu.

Caring91724950 August 15, 2014

The Cherry Hills Club was another Brookdale facility. They were very good and the staff was excellent. She was incredibly knowledgeable and we saw different rooms and different places. The rooms were clean and they were nice -- some were in the process of being remodelled. The lady who toured us was very upfront about cost and made sure we knew exactly what was included and what qualified as extra amenities such as garage, covered parking, etc. She did a really great job. The residents were very friendly.

Carolyn89647150 July 31, 2014

My brother and I visited Cherry Hills and we liked it very much because it was very nice. The overall appearance of the place was really pleasant. They seemed to try to have everybody engage and participate in their daily activities. The room was very nice. It had pretty much of everything that you would want.

Eric9 July 25, 2014

Cherry Hills Club was fine. There was nothing wrong with it, but my mom wanted to stay in Mission Viejo. Really nice facility. The rooms are great. The facility is great. The food smells good. The dining area is like a hotel. They were watching movies, playing games, playing cards, and doing exercises. It's by a hospital. There's a strip mall, but not a regular mall close by.

Joanne26 June 26, 2014

My mother-in-law is in Cherry Hills, and she's very happy there. The food is very good. They have desserts and drinks. The restaurant is open all day, and that's a big plus. They have a menu. One side of the menu is what you can have all day, and that's the basic stuff or standard stuff. Then, every day they have some kind of specialty that they will only have for certain hours, like the lunch menu or the dinner menu. Then, the others, you can come and have anytime.

When you walk in, you immediately feel at home. You feel comfortable. They have fake plants here and there. They have pictures on the wall. They have music in the lobby. It is very well kept, and they keep it very clean. In fact, they are doing some remodeling in the lobby, but they have it all cornered off and you cannot even tell. Other than the fact that there are workers, they are managing to keep it very clean, although there is construction going on.

The people who work there are all wonderful. She has not met anybody who works or lives there that has any complaints. Everybody there is very happy to be living there, and the other people are happy to be working there. She says they treat her like a queen. It is amazing. She's glowing. She is very active in all of their activities, and they have activities all the time. They do a lot of fun stuff for the people there. They have social hours where they all come together. You can't even catch her when you visit her. You have to hunt her down because she's either playing bingo or doing something else. Her apartment is very nice. They have a bus that takes them to church. It is really perfect, and I highly recommend it.

Carol79851050 March 31, 2014

When we were in California at Christmas, we went to The Cherry Hills Club. It was beautiful. It was clean, well-run. They really cared about people. The rooms were beautiful. The one that she could afford was just a studio. It had a bed and it was in the living room, all in one; it was just too small. The food was wonderful. They had all kinds of activities. She could have her card friends come there, and the bus service would take her over to her friend's for cards. Everything was wonderful. It was just too much money for her.

Caring54859550 March 26, 2014

My mom has not moved in at Cherry Hills Club, but she's going to in a month. She'll have a studio, and she'll be comfortable there. Their staff seemed to be very helpful, caring and excellent. They have all kinds of card games, puzzles, entertainment, movie every night at 6:00 and an exercise group. There's also a swimming pool and a library.

Caring73461050 March 01, 2014

The room that we saw at The Cherry Hills Club was nice. It was perfect, price-wise. The menu looked good too. However, I was concerned at the distance from their dining facility to their rooms. My dad is not very mobile and I was just a little concerned about him making that journey down there. Nevertheless, the staff was friendly and nice. They seemed very caring too. For activities, they have different things in different rooms. Like they have a "man cave" where people can watch sports and stuff on a big-screened TV. It was very nice. They have happy hour, they encourage family to come, etc. One thing that was a little bit of an issue at this facility was parking for people who are visiting. There was not very much parking upfront. You have to park quite a way away. My mom is handicapped and there was no handicapped parking available in the front. This facility was quite expensive as I think all of them are, but if someone has the money and I know they can afford this type of facility, then I would recommend The Cherry Hills Club to them.

Tom42 February 28, 2014

My aunt is at Cherry Hill. Other than she has some plumbing issues, but that has been taken care of, the facility is okay. She has a big room. It's like two rooms being put to one. The food is okay and I have eaten there. They got a line-up of activities, but my aunt does not go to any of them as she is kind of a loner, but she goes to the exercise every morning and that’s it. Overall, it's a nice place.

Caring74390450 November 26, 2013

They always invite me to events so I've been to Cherry Hills a few times. It's beautiful, cheaper and the rooms are big. They have walk-in closets, a big bedroom and a big living room with a dining room area. They have a way of going out of the apartment to a balcony. They have all kinds of entertainment when they have an event. They had singers the last time we were there and they had dancers dancing like in Hawaii. The food is delicious. We were there for another occasion and we've had steaks. The residents look happy. It's a marvelous place.

Caring72519950 October 21, 2013

We did visit Cherry Hills Club and this facility is actually a very, very nice place. The rooms were nice. The people were accommodating. The people that lived there were friendly, but dad does not want to live in Sun City because it's too hot. They invited us for lunch and the food was fine.

Caring71115050 September 27, 2013

Our visit at The Cherry Hills Club was wonderful. My dad was very impressed with it. I think if he has pretty much decided that he needs to move, he is going to move to this place. The place was clean and it smelled nice. They did have a pool there for their residents. I liked that the facility had a good atmosphere and that the surroundings were very comfortable. Their dining room was perfect. My dad had a good meal and he enjoyed it. We saw their apartments. The studio room that we saw was small, but the one-bedroom was just perfect. Some of the units even have patios or balconies. Residents were nice. They seemed to get along well with the personnel that were there.

Caring 5652 September 12, 2013

I found Cherry Hills Club through a friend and the place is very nice. They do allow pets in their community. Their rooms are fine. They do have good working staff. I think it would be okay to recommend this place.

Louise6 May 29, 2013

I had the chance to visit The Cherry Hills Club and saw that the place is lovely. They have a lot of greenery over the place. I don't know if the rooms are big because I didn't see them as I was more interested with the studio, but they didn't have a studio available at that time. The staff are very nice. The place is close to a little shopping center which makes it easy for the residents to shop.

caring0395 May 23, 2013

The Cherry Hills Club was too formal for me. But the people were nice and the food was good. It just didn't appeal to me. It was clean and neat, the residents were happy, but they were pretty formal although I didn't mind that one because I liked that it is in California and is near where my family is.

Nancy 3 September 22, 2012

My dad and stepmom went over to Cherry Hills Club. They tried the food, they seem to like it, and they moved in there. They're much happier and they said they really like it there. The food is much better.

From Brookdale Cherry Hills

Brookdale Cherry Hills provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Cherry Hills

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Jewelry making, Monthly themed dinner (Celebrations), Movie Theater - movies every evening at 6:30p

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: All apartments have a kitchenette - refrigerator/freezer, sink and microwave

• Minimum age: 64

• Licenses: RCFE
  • State License(s): 336425397

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Financial guidance extra: We use ElderLife financial to assist prospect/family/RPs with various financial guidance
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Cherry Hills