Sun Valley Lodge

12415 North 103rd Ave., Sun City, AZ, 85351

Reviews of Sun Valley Lodge

January 04, 2012

By Emmyrose

This is a medium sized assisted living. The buildings are very nice and the grounds beautiful. They have lots of trees, two garden areas, greenery, and a beautiful flower garden. There are benches, walking trails, a nice gazebo, and a patio. There are 24 indepent units which are 1 bedrooms and full kitchen, 73 assisted with 1 bedroom and partial kitchens, and 58 skilled units. They have what they call the inn and it is studio and 1 bedroom. They do housekeeping and linen service. With laundry for assisted and skilled. They offer 1 meal a day for independent in own dining room and 3 meals for assisted and skilled with snacks. The food is good. They have a house doctor and nurses on staff 24/7. All caregivers are certified. They do transport to doctor appointments. They utilize community services for therapists, home health, and hospice. They also have respite care. The staff I spoke with was very nice and seemed caring. They do a lot in house activities such as bingo, exercises, games, outside entertainment, partied, movies, and celebrations. They go to shopping,restaurants,and other outings, This is a vry nice facility.

July 28, 2011

By lindseylou

Other

After volunteering my time at this facility for one week in the nursing home, I left feeling slightly unsettled. Having never entered a care facility for seniors, I didn't have much to compare their ways of assisting residents. What I do know is most of the nursing assistants do care very much for their residents they are assisting. They are kind, loving and try to make them comfortable. What I didn't like about them was that they rush through their days and don't seem to get to spend any quality time with the residents. I also noticed that there is a lack of infection control in this facility. I witnessed gloves not being used at certain points, and dirty linens sitting on bedside tables. The head nurses on duty took an extremely long time to assist residents who were in pain. Personally, I would not recommend this facility to anybody that I love. There is not enough personal attention to each resident, and it is not a facility that abides by state regulations, in terms of infection control.

Photos of Sun Valley Lodge

Services & Amenities of Sun Valley Lodge

• Minimum Rate: $2090/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: $500 Processing Fee Pet Deposit Of $250 Assisted Living Is Rent + Care Costs.

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Sun Valley Lodge

Sun Valley Lodge has provided the highest quality care in a loving, homey environment since 1965. As a not-for-profit organization, we strive to serve our mission … not shareholders. And, our mission is to provide affordable, quality living choices for Seniors in a trusting environment.

We offer a continuum of care for residents that includes independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing so that one can age in place surrounded by friends made over time.

Many of our residents enjoy the serenity of our chapel with its stained glass windows where our chaplain presides over nondenominational services every Sunday. Our well appointed library is another gathering spot with its wide array of reading materials, computers, and comfortable chairs. Activities are also a source of joy. Whether it is music, exercise, games, movies, special meals or any number of other things we do for recreation, Lodge residents know how to relax and have a good time.

Characteristics which Set Us Apart:

• Many Employees have worked here for over twenty years
  • Award-winning kitchen/delicious meals
  • Beautiful rose garden with a fountain
  • All apartments view a green area and have patios
  • Assisted Living is available to our Inn-Living residents and service is provided in the privacy of their homes
  • Our Health Care Center has an excellent reputation and our last survey by the Arizona Department of Health was deficiency-free
  • Executive Director has an open door policy
  • Comfortable, home-like environment
  • “Neighborhood” design of apartments
  • Not for profit organization
  • Voluntary Board of Directors
  • Location is near Boswell Hospital and medical offices
  • A quality volunteer program … adding that extra “Touch”
  • A dedicated Activities Staff that plans various events and activities for our residents.
  • You can feel free to ask any of our residents about their satisfaction with Sun Valley Lodge

The center of our beautiful seven acre campus is our rose garden; a point of pride for our residents. Each apartment opens onto a green area and residents love to look on and walk through our green yards and flower gardens.

Map of Sun Valley Lodge