Brookdale Sumter

1180 Wilson Hall Road, Sumter, SC, 29150

Reviews of Brookdale Sumter

May 30, 2014

By Paul Williams

We actually had my grandma at Sterling House of Sumter. The facility is very clean. The rooms are very clean and very functional. We didn’t try the food, but we were able to look at the menu. Grandma is very picky, but she loves the food there, so I think that is very good. They have a very good kitchen and dining staff. They do activities, and she enjoys them.

March 13, 2014

By Wanda11

Sterling House is a beautiful facility. The rooms were spacious and the staff was very professional. The facility is very clean. I would recommend them to others.

November 20, 2013

By Michelle40

I visited The Sterling House. The people were very helpful in giving out the information I needed and they gave us a tour. But I didn't know was that you need to furnish your own furniture. But I guess that they would want you to make it feel like a home. My folks liked what they had seen in Sterling House. I supposed if everything would work out, my folks would go there.

October 28, 2013

By Craig8

Sterling House seems like a good place for my father. We moved him there July 28th, I think. The staff there is very nice and courteous. They helped me through the process and it was a good experience. My father has a studio-type room and he likes it. It is more than he needs. The living environment of this place is really nice. The hallways are wide. My father can navigate around pretty good. With regards to food, I haven't eaten there but I talked to my dad and he said that it's really good. In terms of activities, I do know they have a person in charge of all the activities, but I'm not exactly sure what they do.

May 18, 2011

By anonymousll

Friend or relative of resident

Sterling House of Sumter has proven to be a wonderful assisted living setting for my great-aunt. As her health got worse she began the search for a place where she could live a full life but there would be some around the clock assistance if something went wrong. At Sterling House she is thriving among a group of active seniors. She has made many new friends and her best childhood friend is now living there as well. Our visits to this assisted living facility have all been positive and we have been pleased to see that the buildings and grounds are always kept clean and neat. There is even a beautician on-site who fixes our aunt's hair once a week. 'Gotta keep up appearances for the men' is what she tells everyone. Bingo, card games and other activities are always on the schedule. In fact it seems that she is busier now than ever before. Painting and drawing have always been some of her favorite hobbies and luckily she is encouraged to continue her artistic pastimes at Sterling House. She has even gifted other residents and staff members with some of her artwork. The food is fresh and always looks very appetizing but we have not tried any of the guest meals at this time. Have to admit the grilled chicken and asparagus looked and smelled great during our last visit. According to our aunt, she could teach the cooks "˜a thing or two in the kitchen' but still she admits that the food is very good. Maybe the staff will allow some of the seniors to assist in the kitchen one day soon.

Photos of Brookdale Sumter

Features of Brookdale Sumter

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Library

About Brookdale Sumter

Brookdale Sumter provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Beautiful Private Garden, very close to shopping and restaurants.

Map of Brookdale Sumter