Royal Oaks Senior Care

950 Travelers Boulevard,, Summerville, SC, 29485

Reviews of Royal Oaks Senior Care

Close Observer March 16, 2016

Royal Oaks is under new management. The new facility manager has ushered in a more loving, more professional culture that is quickly filtering down to the staff. After several hospital stays, during which the facility manager numerous times visited and comforted both him and his wife, my father-in-law passed away and now the entire staff has been so involved in caring for and assisting his widow to live her life without him The entire staff has been wonderful! I highly recommend this facility to provide care for your family member.

Sstephens November 23, 2015

Was not pleased to this facility. Took a tour and walked by rooms that smelled like urine. One resident she was soaked with urine on her pants walking around. Residents I noticed are not payed attentioned to at all. Looks like they have no activities and are bored. The rooms are just throwed together for show rooms. Me and my family wated at least 30 minutes to get a lady from the office to talk to her and take a tour she was outside as of a staff said on a break smoking she will be in give a few minutes. This facility is very unorganized and not in good position as a assisant living.

Jsmoak November 18, 2015

That place is a disgrace. I took a tour you got residents sleeping in the wrong room and obviously staff didn't realize where the resident was. The lady that gave us a tour martina she has no sense of humor and few questions she was lost to answer. Was a little confusing cause she was administrative. Some of the staff I seen was sitting around or chatting in the hall while a buzzer was going off. Talked to one resident and he said people steal money from him and it was a bad place. So no my family member will not attend this place not ran like it should be very lack of communication and not good working together skills.

David101988750 October 30, 2015

Royal Oaks seems pretty good, and we like them. Michael seems very happy. He gets to take walks outside with some of the other patients that are there. The weather is nice here. They get three meals a day, and he has physical therapy. He is doing fine. The rooms were clean and seem pretty well-kept. They have a theatre room, bingo and if you would need to go to the doctor, they can arrange that for you. They seem to have enough to keep all of them busy. The food seems to be pretty good, of which my brother seems happy. It’s pretty adequate for his needs.

cares-for-loved-one August 25, 2015

Loved one was a resident for a very short time. The administration staff was very unprofessional and was either not knowledgable of HIPPA REGULATIONS or blatantly refused to follow them. While we really liked many of the staff, especially the OT and the PT (think they are from another company) there were too many "it's not my job" from the staff. There was little to no communication between shift changes with staff and one shift always blamed the other. Cleaning staff would say, in our presence, "that's not my job, it's the nurses job." They seemed to encourage the residents to stay in their rooms except during scheduled activities time which were few and far between. Staff would often be sitting down and working on each other's hair while patients were in their rooms alone. On at least two occasions, I personally witnessed a staff member yelling at and being very rude to a resident - happened to be a resident that didn't receive many visitors. Fees for this facility are less than others and may seem appealing but you certainly get what you pay for. I had very high hopes and was extremely disappointed. The decision and process of placing a loved one in a home is hard enough but to witness the many issues that I mentioned proved to be too much.

Denise16 January 31, 2014

Royal Oaks Senior Care was a nice clean place. It was also a lot quieter than the other facility. The staff was okay. They were friendly; however they seemed to be busy at that time. The seniors there seemed to require a lot more attention. I didn't see too much activity when I went. I just saw them just sitting around. Regarding accommodations, we did see single rooms and double rooms. They were nice and clean. The dining area was okay and the food seemed okay.

Caring74626950 December 04, 2013

Royal Oaks was dark and depressing when you walk in. It was a really old building. The staff seemed nice and polite like most of them were; however, we didn't like their rooms. I wouldn't recommend this one.

About Royal Oaks Senior Care

Royal Oaks Senior Care is an assisted living facility in Summerville, SC that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Royal Oaks Senior Care for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Royal Oaks Senior Care