Greatwood at Sugar Land

7001 Riverbrook Drive, Sugar Land, TX, 77479

Reviews of Greatwood at Sugar Land

Bill115275250 October 29, 2015

I looked at Greatwood. It was beautiful. The room had everything. It had a kitchen, a bathroom, and a bedroom. They had all kinds of activities. They had a big game room. If I had the kind of money for that kind of living, then that would be very nice.

sugarland2015 June 21, 2015

The staff at Greatwood are great but the Executive Director on the other hand is not a caring person what so ever. My mother has had a couple of run ins with her and she was very inappropriate with her and no resident should ever experience that. She now feels like she can never go and speak with her if she needed something. A couple weeks in a row she didnt receive housekeeping because they were short staffed. When talking to the Maintaince Director about this he just told my mother that they were short staffed and wouldnt be able to do it till next week. So then the next week the same thing happened and he gave her the same response. If the old Maintenance Director would of still been there then he would clean apartments if he was down housekeepers but the new one isnt about to help out. They need a better management tream that is going to care for the residents.

We are very disappointed to learn about your mom’s recent negative experience at Greatwood at Sugar Land. I would like to reassure you that it is our expectation that each resident of our community be treated with respect and dignity at all times, and also that each resident’s apartment be cleaned weekly. It is our top priority to deliver the highest quality of services and care to our residents! I would be happy to talk with you in more detail about your concerns. We welcome any additional insight into how our management team can better serve the residents and their families. I can be reached at 281-343-8400. Lesha Vaccaro, Operations Specialist

Lisa103523350 April 27, 2015

Probably the best impression that I got was Greatwood. They have amenities for the seniors. They have art classes where an actual artist comes and teaches them, and then they display their art. They have a poker room and a meeting room.

They seem to be a super friendly staff that enjoys what they do. People move from assisted living to the more needy situation of senior care, so that’s what I liked about them. It’s a little bit farther out than I want it to be from my house if my brother-in-law and sister-in-law were moving here.

They had a library that was built by a couple of the residents that put a huge amount of effort into getting book contributions, the designing and layout, and raising money for it. I was impressed with the library because so much of it was individual effort on the part of these two ladies that put time into raising money.

Caring101376950 January 06, 2015

At Greatwood, they have very nice people but the facility was completely inappropriate for my mother. My mother requires a sling to get out of bed but they would not allow the sling in the assisted living side. We didn't see any activity when we visited, because it was during lunch time. I would give this facility a 5 if you don't need skilled nursing.

LovelyLady00000461 April 12, 2014

When we went to Greatwood, there was no question as towhere we want them to be. We chose it for what they have to offer and for the price. My in-laws are in the independent living, and it's next to the assisted; thus, there's easy transition from one life stage to another. There are people that have been there for 10 years living life HAPPILY, and that atmosphere is contagious. A lot of people are lovingly ready to assist and we were absolutely impressed with that congeniality. They provide three meals a day in three different dining rooms where people can go from one to the other. In addition, they have a resident counsel; they test recipes and get feedback from the residents to see if everybody's happy with what they've done. They have a well-stocked library that's just lovely and comfortable, a game room, a crafts room, a place where people could read magazines, and another place to read newspapers, and a gathering area with a huge TV and chairs not facing the doorway. This is the place where life happens.

Caring80411550 March 31, 2014

The staff at Greatwood was very adequate, informative, and very good. The rooms were very nice, and I liked their size. They had the same activities as the others.

Caring78602750 February 28, 2014

I went for a visit at Greatwood at Sugar Land. It would have been probably a choice, but the parking was not to my liking. Parking was limited. The traffic coming to the location was also heavy. It was quite a little walk to the entrance of the facility. However, it was a very nice facility. The staff was very friendly and exceptionally nice. I did have lunch at the dining room and the food was good.

bodiddly December 04, 2013

Greatwood was a wonderful, lovely, clean environment when we had members relocate there quite a few years ago. Unfortunately, it is now showing it's age. The interior needs dusting, lighting needs to be replaced in a timely manner, the carpet in the dining room and main areas need to be cleaned, and the furniture is showing wear and tear. The exterior is still pleasing but it would be helpful to have sidewalks around the entire complex. General upkeep seems to have taken a downturn. This is nothing that cannot be remedied and I hesitated to give this type of review but these types of details make a huge difference in many people as they are making decisions about their loved ones. I hope these concerns are taken seriously. The employees and staff are kind and very helpful to all who come through the door - no complaints there at all.

My name is Erica Willis and I am the Executive Director of Greatwood of Sugar Land. I would like to thank you for the feedback. I am very disappointed to hear that your last visit to Greatwood was less than desirable. It is our top priority to deliver the best quality of services and care for our residents. Daily housekeeping, such as dusting, has always been a priority of ours as we employ several housekeepers whom work diligently day in and day out. I take every review to the upmost importance. I would like to encourage you to talk with me in person or contact me at the number below to share more information on why we failed to meet your expectations and how we can improve. I would like to learn more from you in order for Greatwood to remain the premier retirement and assisted living community in the Fort Bend area. Greatwood has been rated the Best of the Best for multiple years in a row. I may be reached at ewillis@seniorlifestyle.com or (281) 343-8400.

Mary26 December 17, 2012

Greatwood is a beautiful place. They have apartments with walk-in showers and equipped with emergency buttons. They provide different levels of care. The staff was wonderful. It's a little expensive because of the care that they provide and the support that they give you.

franklins1 April 15, 2012

The Greatwood facility is very attractive and the staff are helpful. Seniors need the social activities that are available at the assisted living home. The food was the hardest to give high marks. The cooks were replaced often, the meals were often not very tasty and there wasn't a lot of variety. The staff were not allowed to help out the guests in any way other than their assigned jobs. For instance, my mother needed help with laundry, but although the staff wanted to help, they would have been disciplined or fired if they accepted the jobs.In spite of the staffs inability to help the guests as they saw the need and the meals being below par, our family's experience with Greatwood's assisted living facility was a good one. I would without hesitation encourage others to look at assisted living for loved ones needing just a bit of help and social interaction.

From Greatwood at Sugar Land

Senior assisted living at Greatwood at Sugar Land offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Greatwood at Sugar Land, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Sugar Land has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Greatwood at Sugar Land, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Independent & Assisted Living under one roof___ All day restaurant dining___ Tenure of all management staff (all managers have worked at Greatwood for 6 years or more)___ Voted Best Retirement & Assisted Living in 2012 by Fort Bend Herald and Ft. Bend Sun____ Surveyed Deficiency Free Licensed Assisted Living by Department of Aging & Disability Services

Features of Greatwood at Sugar Land

• Physical therapy

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: 10:1
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: 132339
  • State License(s): 050602

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Greatwood at Sugar Land