Allegro | Florida

3400 SE Aster Lane, Stuart, FL, 34994

Reviews of Allegro | Florida

Caring111489850 August 18, 2015

We found Allegro. It was a beautiful place, and everybody was very friendly. The food was marvelous. I had no negative feelings at all on them. The rooms were very clean. It had a fully equipped kitchen and a nice bathroom. It was very nice. The dining room was beautiful.

They had movies and outings to places. They had card rooms, an exercise room, and a swimming pool.

Robert111659250 August 11, 2015

My parents are at Allegro. There are a lot of things I like about it. First, it is close, so it allows my wife and I to go visit them. What is amazing is the staff -- they are very attentive and very nice. They seem to enjoy their jobs too. Allegro is a new place. It is pretty and nice. It has nice décor. Food is very good; it is excellent actually. We go there sometimes on the weekends and have dinner with my parents, which is nice. The other thing is that they have independent living, assisted living, and memory care units. My mother has Alzheimer's, and my father is going in that direction too. From all the places that we have seen, Allegro is a lot nicer, and we like it a lot more. It is very clean too.

Jeanne28 May 29, 2015

Allegro is beautiful inside, but it is a lot more expensive. They also did not accept Medicaid. It was gorgeous. They had three restaurants, and they have a big room for entertainment. It was very beautiful. I wasn't there at meal time, so I didn't see the meals. But they have three different restaurants which you can take your pick to eat. You have a certain amount of money each month that you can use for your meals. If that runs out, they would have to charge you extra. It was just a lot more expensive -- maybe twice as much as the other places I visited. They have a lot of activities, and the rooms were nice. I don't know anything that they can improve on because it was very nice.

Rosemarie9 December 30, 2014

Allegro was a beautiful place, and they offered two meals a day. They have all kinds of things going on, but they were a little bit more expensive. The rep showed us around, and they were all phenomenal and very nice. They gave all the information I needed. They had granite tops in the kitchen and wood cabinets. They were pretty much top of the line.

notahobby66 November 20, 2014

Allegro is a wonderful community. I am a nurse who had a distant family member in Allegro. They have a wonderful staff from nursing to the front desk. The comments from other people are unwarrented. I don't think people understand that an Assisted Living has to follow state gudelines, and Assited Living does not provide nursing home care. Allegro offers wonderful food, activites, and a warm atmosphere in Stuart. I have been many Assisted living throughout the years, and I can say they are one of the best!

Friend of an Allegro resident November 19, 2014

A friend of mine lives at Allegro in the assisted living side. She is well taken care of by a caring and courteous staff. She has a medication program, bathing and other services in which are always timely and consistent. The building is beautiful including the outside pool patio! Many social events for residents and her fellow residents say they are very happy as well. I'm recommending another friend to move into the independent side because its a safe environment to age in place in our treasure coast area.

sfp12 November 18, 2014

my mom has been living at allegro for almost 3 years and we are very happy with the care and concern that she has been given.

Kim93614350 November 06, 2014

I've toured Allegro. Everything was absolutely great. It was very luxurious actually. It was very, very nice. Everybody was attentive. The rooms were very nice. For your money, I think it was pretty good. They were kind of small, but they were bright. I didn't expect them to be as nice as what they were. They had a community room. We just went into one of the assisted living rooms, but if you needed care more than that, they did have like a nursing-home type of thing.

Caring daughter C November 05, 2014

Not a safe place for those needing care!! I have talked to several nurses at Martin Memorial Hospital who have told me that the number of admissions per month from Allegra is 5 times that of other assisted living facilities. They need to be shut down!! Go and sit in their parking lot and watch how many ambulances show up each day. It is appalling! My parents stayed at Allegro for 2 years ( I finally moved them in with me because it was sooo bad). The first year they were in independent living and were fine. Then we moved them to the assisted living because they were becoming more forgetful. The staff would bring their meds to their room and leave them on the table in unmarked plastic cups while my parents were sleeping. Sometimes they got their meds. Sometimes they didn't. Sometimes they took each others. I tried to talk to the nurse who would always reassure me that it would be taken care of. Finally after 4 or 5 incidents I started reporting them to the State. I reported them 3 times prior to moving them out. Once I found my Dad's pocket full of pills. They did not bath them, make sure they wearing clean clothes, or shave my Dad. They were always filthy and smelled. They did not make sure they were eating. They did not take them down to activities. Their apartment was covered in dust an inch thick. I always had to clean when I was there. They would allow them to sleep all day long and would not wake them up. I don't know how many times I went there at 4 o'clock in the afternoon to find them still in bed, not having eaten any meals, with the plastic unmarked med cups left on the table. I don't know why they have not been shut down yet. But watch for several huge law suits in the future by irate family.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. These experiences do not represent our practices and policies at Allegro. We take medication reminders very seriously and follow every precaution to keep our residents safe. Our mission is to provide first-class care, services and amenities to our residents. We encourage you to contact us at wecare@allegroliving.com so we can put you in touch with the correct person at our home office to address these particular experiences with your father.

Broke daughter November 04, 2014

Horrible facility! Watch your wallet and loved ones. Keep track of all the bruises and don't expect any clothes back

Our mission at Allegro is to provide first-class care, services and amenities to our residents. We encourage you to contact us at wecare@allegroliving.com so we can put you in touch with the correct person at our home office to address your concerns in more detail

Caring52672450 November 01, 2014

The people in Allegro were completely evil. We found since we moved from there it’s filled with mold, and the entire property is filled with molds. They cared more about finances and gains rather than our family member's well-being and care.

I would suggest that they care more about the people than about the money. But physically the place is beautiful, but it’s all about image. There was no assistance, and they said assisted living but no assistance.

Thank you for your feedback. It is through comments from residents and families that we find better ways to serve you. Please give Allegro a second chance to show you that the well-being of our residents and staff always comes before our bottom line. We encourage you to contact us at wecare@allegroliving.com so we can put your in touch with the correct person at our home office to address your experiences in detail.

Caring79615350 April 12, 2014

I went to see a couple of facilities and one of them is Allegro. It was very, very nice. It had the convenience that one would want in an assisted living place. The rooms were small, but their dining room is very pretty. The staff are very good, and the people were very, very nice.

mary_21 April 03, 2014

It's a very fancy place, but they are too corporate..focused mainly on the bottom line. The staff are very nice, but not enough of them. They provide no medical care on the weekends in memory care. It just seems like its all about the money.

We do appreciate your feedback. We are proud of our team of caring staff and we do take concerns such as this one very seriously. We encourage you to contact us at wecare@allegroliving.com so we can put you in touch with the correct person at our home office to address your concerns in more detail.

Caring79968150 March 31, 2014

I liked that Allegro had an outdoor heated pool. I also liked that they would take me to St. Christopher, which is the parish. The people were lovely. However, I thought that it was more grandiose than what I needed.

Caring80434550 March 31, 2014

Allegro was just a nice and very clean environment. It didn't smell, and it was in a very nice condition. They seem to care about the people.

Caring76350250 December 30, 2013

We had a tour at Allegro and it was very nice. It was right up-to-date and really exclusive. They had nice sales people there. They had a swimming pool and they do exercise. They also had tours. I would recommend them to others. However, the rooms were small for two people.

Caring70948550 November 20, 2013

The Allegro is new and clean but it's expensive. They're above scale. We did consider this place for my mother. However, it wasn't like a home for me.

sallly November 06, 2013

Not enough staff, care is not what was "sold" to us when we signed the lease, beautiful facility but not all that it appears to be on a visit.

It is our goal to provide an unpretentious glimpse into life at Allegro during each visit and tour. We urge individuals to come by for an event or activity and experience first-hand life at Allegro. We encourage you to contact us at wecare@allegroliving.com and give us another chance to show you life at Allegro.

Caring6332 May 29, 2013

We came across this facility from a friend. It is only two years old. It has a pool. The whole facility is passable by a wheelchair. They have a lovely dining room. The staff is very neat, cordial and professional. The community is only five miles from where we live.

Rpg47 September 30, 2012

My elderly Mother moved into Allegro in Stuart. Due to an unexpected medical situation we had to move her back to her home after only one week! The Allegro management was very rigid in their policies and not willing to show any monetary consideration to our family for breaking the lease contract. We forfeitted our deposit, six weeks rental, and even the monthly food allowance. It was an expensive lesson learned.
Anyone considering Allegro be forewarned that Allegro's priorities place their bottom line ahead of their residents' well being.

The well-being of our residents is always our number one concern and it is our mission to provide our residents with the best services, amenities and care. We encourage you to contact us at wecare@allegroliving.com so we can put you in touch with the correct person at our home office to address your concerns in more detail.

BeJeEl June 26, 2012

Beautiful facility that has been open for about a year. Nursing staff A+, Food B+, Housekeeping B+. Not a place for someone that needs a lot of medical care support. You need to be somewhat independent. Nursing staff is very caring.

Diane2 May 27, 2012

Allegro provides great array of services and programs which are very affordable. The main reason why we chose Allegro is that my mom has a long term care policy with a maximum daily amount which was covered by facility's program, which none of the other facilities offer. And the place was actually few minutes away from my sister's place, so she can always check on her. And place was really good and people were accommodating.

From Allegro

Stuart, what a great town! Nestled on the Florida coast, with a historic downtown, great boating, and exceptional attractions including the Lyric Theatre, the Elliot Museum, and the Florida Oceanographic Coastal Center, Stuart retains the reassuring lifestyle that exists only in smaller vibrant communities, and yet is convenient to services and shopping more commonly associated with larger cities. These, together with the mild climate, make Stuart a terrific retirement choice.

And, with the opening of Allegro, there is an equally fine housing choice for seniors. Residents will enjoy 'cruise ship' amenities -- fine dining, concierge service, the bistro, the stadium seating theater, the spa, and more. Located just north of the prestigious Willoughby Golf Club, with convenient access to Palm City via the future Indian Street Bridge, Allegro offers inspired senior living for both fully independent seniors and also for seniors for whom a little assistance would enhance continued independence. Good . . . Better . . . Allegro!

Location of Allegro