Brookdale Stillwater

1616 East McElroy Road, Stillwater, OK, 74075

Reviews of Brookdale Stillwater

greattour August 18, 2014

I toured this facility recently. We didn't end up moving my parents there because they relocated to another city with another of my siblings. However, we looked at a couple of different assisted living places in the Stillwater area. Sterling House was, by far, our first pick! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The building was pleasant and well maintained on the outside and clean, comfortable and inviting on the inside. Residents seemed happy and appeared to be cared for. We were particularly glad to see that this community has locked doors. My parents do not have memory loss to the point that they need memory care, but the comfort of knowing that they won't become confused and just walk out the door was a huge draw for us. Of course, if we wanted to take them out of the building for a while, they would be welcome to come with us. They also have a nice enclosed courtyard where residents can come and go as they please, which gives them the freedom to enjoy the nice weather without feeling like they have to be supervised. This is a great place with very helpful staff. I my parent's hadn't moved out of state, they would definitely be living there!

contentcompanion August 12, 2014

I have visited this community on several occaisions over the past year to visit residents. I am pleased to say that this community has been steadily improving throughout that time. I never experienced anything as negative as some of the comments on this thread speak of, but I will admit that there were issues that existed at one point. That said, I am completely pleased with the way things are now. Residents appear well taken care of. The residents and staff seem very happy! At almost any time that you walk into the community, you will see residents involved in activities in the main common areas. Their dietary department has recently received high honors from the corporate level and the food always smells so delicious! The staff seems to have a genuine concern for each resident and they are always interacting with a smile. I know there was a change in community management about a year ago and it seems like that made a big difference for the better. I would highly recommend the Sterling House of Stillwater to anyone who is looking for quality assisted living in the area.

Linder77 October 01, 2013

If there had been a zero rating that is what I would have given them. My father was in sterling house for 2 months and it was a terrible experience. Not only was my father not taken care of;always wearing urine soaked clothing, never shaved, or even dressed most of the time. While he was under their care, he developed severe mouth infection, due to lack of oral care, and a rash to his peri-area that left him raw and bleeding due to lack of incontinent care. They ordered over 1200 dollars worth of meds from the wrong pharmacy and tried to make our family pay for their mistake. The cost of my father was on an ala-cart system. We paid more for them to bath him, dress him, assist him with toileting etc. None of these were done on a consistent manner. My father has been gone from Sterling House since June, and yet the Sterling House continues to bill my mother. Beware of the request that they prefer auto payment on Bills, this allowed them to take out as much as they wished without any itemized type bill. This could leave you broke. What has this lead to? Complaints to the Oklahoma Department of health, in which they were sited.

Leah Bradley, MSW March 04, 2013

As a social worker for Good Shepherd Hospice, I have visited multiple residents at Sterling House of Stillwater, and have nothing but rave reviews for this facility. I know from going to other facilities--as well as other Assisted Living Facilities within the area--what quality embodies, and Sterling House Stillwater definately has it. The staff are caring and compassionate, putting the residents' needs and safety first, and the facility is always clean and smells fresh. The residents are treated with respect, and are talked to in a caring and interested tone, that exudes love and patience. The residents are also well-kept and cared for, which is so important with this group of society. As a professional within the healthcare industry, and from what I have experienced at Sterling House, I can say I would feel confident having a member of my family become a resident at Sterling House.

Megan5 February 25, 2013

As a hospice nurse I go into numerous facilities across central Oklahoma. I throughly enjoy going into Sterling House Stillwater because it is clean, the staff are friendly, and the residents come first. The staff smile and make me feel welcome in their facility. They are caring to their residents and the residents needs are ALWAYS met and they are met in a timely manner. The facility has a nice court yard that allows the residents a safe place to be outside. Games and activities are always occurring. There are several different things for the residents to do throughout the day. As a nurse, I highly recommend this facility.

Jo Alice Dobbs MSN RN February 22, 2013

The staff is extremely caring! The facility is very clean! The environment is attractive, warm, and inviting. As a nurse I admire the attention provided to the health care needs of the residents and the whole person approach to each resident and family.

bubble51 July 30, 2011

My Mother is in this facility and we are not happy with the services. They do not respect the residents and sometimes down right hateful. Perhaps if you are looking for an assisted living for your loved on, please do not pick this place. We are moving Mom.

From Brookdale Stillwater

Brookdale Stillwater provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Stillwater