Reviews of Wellington Place of Whiting
kitteric January 06, 2012
I am a friend or relative of a resident
When I first learned that my mother-in-law would be moving to an assisted living facility, I was terrified. I couldn't help but think of a dirty, smelly place where people walked around screaming and talking to themselves. I could not have been more wrong. Wellington is a blessing to its residents and their families. The facility is sunny, spacious and clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. I have always been made to feel at home when visiting. I wish my mother-in-law could still live at home, but since she can't, I'm glad we have Wellington. The staff are truly angels, they treat my mother-in-law as if she were their own family. The administration also goes out of its way to include families in celebrations and events. If you or a loved one have to move into an assisted living facility, please consider Wellington. I promise, you won't regret it.
From Wellington Place of Whiting
At Wellington Place at Whiting we pride ourselves on our homelike atmosphere and encourage your family to become part of our family. Come in and feel the difference.
Mission Statement: The mission of Wellington Homes of Wisconsin LLC, is to serve elderly and disabled individuals by providing quality housing, health care and other services to enhance the lives of those we serve.
Wellington Place at Whiting is a 28-bed CBRF facility located on 2.4 acres of land in the city of Stevens Point, Wisconsin. It is situated on the banks of the Wisconsin River. Resident rooms currently consist of 24 suites with 4 of the suites sized for double occupancy. All suites have a private bath, a living room, a bedroom and a kitchenette.
We are pleased to offer an atmosphere where residents and families feel comfortable and at home. Come by and visit the facility and its beautiful indoor and outdoor areas.
Our home is best suited to seniors who appreciate an independent living situation with some assisted activities.
Comfortable and roomy with lots of opportunity to socialize or quietly enjoy your lifestyle, with pets or without we promise you will enjoy our home... complete with home cooking.
Amenities We Offer
Wellington Place at Whiting is pleased to offer an atmosphere where residents and families feel comfortable and at home. Our upscale amenities include:
- Studio-style apartments for one or two people
- Private baths (handicapped-accessible) and kitchenettes
- Large windows with outside views
- Private and common Dining Room
- Beauty and Barber Shop
- Common area with fireplace
- Quiet library
- Private mailboxes
- Outside Patio
- Small facility with only 28 licensed beds
- Enhanced front door security
- Emergency call system for each residence
- Fully sprinklered building for fire safety
Services We Offer
Our healthcare services include:
- 24-hour care staff to help with activities of daily living
- 24-hour access to our Registered Nurses
- 24-hour security with staff availability
- Individualized Plan of Care
- Communicate with the family physician and his/her staff
- Medication management
- Access to health and medical services
- Three home cooked meals a day with snacks always available
- Assistance with eating, bathing, dressing, toileting, mobility etc.
- Incontinence care including reminders / cueing
- Health promotion, exercise and activities programs
- Housekeeping and personal laundry services
- Social and recreational activities
- Scheduled Transportation
Thank you for your interest at Wellington Place at Whiting. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.
Features of Wellington Place of Whiting
Room and housing options
- Studio apartments
- Companion suites: We offer companion suites
- Pets: No pets allowed
- Monthly rent is all inclusive
- Minimum rate: $3,650/month
Location of Wellington Place of Whiting
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities