Atria Shorehaven

14560 Lakeside Circle, Sterling Heights, MI, 48313

Reviews of Atria Shorehaven

Caring96301850 November 11, 2014

Atria Shore Haven is an OK facility, but their rooms are small for the price that it has. We have been invited to different activities that they have, so they do have activities. I just think they need to lower the cost for the price for their rooms.

lfm0820 August 28, 2014

Atria Shorehaven saved my aunt's life when she had a stroke! An alert staff member caught it as it was happening and called 911. After two days in the hospital and a small amount of physical therapy, she is back in her apartment at the facility and we are very happy! Great staff that KNOWS each resident as an individual and watches out for them. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Caring86950750 June 27, 2014

Atria was in a nice location because it's just 3 miles from my husband's doctor and 2 miles from my doctor. It's very close to the hospital, too. It's located on a lake, which was very nice. Its apartments are very nice. The staff is very accommodating.

Runner23 June 23, 2013

We moved my Mom in over a year ago and it has to be the best thing that's happened to her in years! After my Dad's passing, although pretty independent, she just sat in the house. We were so impressed with all the activity and it was the first place we stopped at that didn't feel like a ghost house inside. The residents and their families had stopped us all along our tour just raving about how happy they were. That spoke more than their sales person could have. Now that she's there, we have peace of mind because the staff is so loving with her and she is just thrilled with all the activities, outings and new friends. Beware though, she's gained 10 pounds this past year. Their from-scratch cooking is hard to pass up on and it's easy to eat a bit too much! Overall, we're very satisfied. They've become an extension of our own family.

caring3702 April 10, 2013

We are moving into Atria Shorehaven next month. The place was very clean, the staff was very cordial and all very good. The apartments are big, the grounds are nice, and they have many activities. There was a whole board listed throughout the day of what they will be having for the residents.

Caring97402 July 27, 2011

My mother and step-dad were residents at Atria Shorehaven. They had their own little cute apartment with assistance services to help them as needed. After he died we had to move her, as they are not equiped to handle moderate dementia.
The facility is nicely maintained and run. The public living room has a welcoming fireplace. The dining room is nicely decorated, bright and cheery. Many activities took place there including music and dancing. The residence have choices of meals. As always, more fresh fruits and veggies would be nice, but understandably difficult. The caregivers and administration were caring, considerate and friendly. They know their residence on a first name basis and their health concerns. We did not want to move our mom, but dispite having her at their highest level of services (dressing etc.) they could not properly monitor her. Only after moving her to a private group home and now a larger Alzheimer facility can we appreciate how very nice Atria was/is.

We are happy to hear that your family had a good experience at Atria Shorehaven. Your suggestion for more fresh fruits and vegetables will certainly be passed along to our culinary team. Best wishes to you and your family!

GuiCyber June 30, 2011

My family and I were looking at places for our grandmother, we went and visited Atria Shorehaven and I was pretty impressed. It's a very beautiful facility and it's different from a lot of the others I've seen because it helps to make the people who live there feel more independent. Instead of feeling like a hospital environment it actually feels like an apartment building for seniors. They have a lot of social activities, and there is a lot of stores, restaurants, and businesses close by. There is also a lake close by so between the lake and the businesses there is a lot to see and do. Even though it encourages a more independent lifestyle they still have the advantages of a senior facility like an emergency button in each apartment, an on person emergency pendant for each person, 24 hour caregivers, and assistance with medications. The employees were very nice and helpful to us, and answered all of our questions.

SnowboardEvar June 24, 2011

I really loved Atria Shorehaven. The staff was always smiling at you and always ready to help you with whatever you need. The rooms are absolutly amazing. They are a little on the small side but without a doubt the nicest rooms I have seen in terms of quality. In my opinion, the best thing about Atria Shorehaven is that every apartment has emergency operation system. I always worry that something will happen to my family and now i know that if it were to happen they would have an easy way to connect with someone who can help.

From Atria Shorehaven

Atria Shorehaven is a peaceful, welcoming and established senior community. Residents enjoy diverse social activities and can relax by the nearby lake or take a stroll along the shoreline. Located in beautiful Sterling Heights, Atria Shorehaven is within minutes of fine dining and shopping.

Atria Shorehaven offers the following services:

• Care staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments (some with lake views)
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Personal emergency response pendant for each resident
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartments, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance