American House Sterling Heights Senior Living

11255 15 Mile Rd., Sterling Heights, MI, 48312

Reviews of American House Sterling Heights Senior Living

Caring100519550 January 17, 2015

American House met our qualifications and needs. The staff was pleasant to work with. Their food was very good. The sanitation seemed to be good.

I’m proud that our staff is one of the best around, caring for our residents just like we would our own family. Hopefully all your questions were answered, but I would be happy to discuss anything else with you. Thank you for leaving your feedback!

Mary99767450 January 09, 2015

The American House at Sterling Heights would have been ideal for our mother because my brother lives right across the street so he could check on her, but I did not feel like there was enough going on. When I took my husband there, they were having an ice cream social. The manager accommodated us very well, gave us a good tour, and talked about the facility. My sister kind of liked it, but I did not. She gave us a good tour and took us to several rooms. The rooms were very old, and she said that this was their oldest location for the American House. Even with it being old, it was decent.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. Our Life Enrichment Directors provide many activities for residents -- who doesn't love ice cream? If I can ever be of assistance, please call.

Caring100977150 January 06, 2015

American House is excellent, and I’ve been around and known others. It’s very clean, and the kitchen and help are wonderful because my mother has restricted diet. Everything was a la carte, and I like that for the reason that I had a bad experience with another facility. In this facility you can bring your own medication. They have card playing, and my mom like crochet. She goes to some of the concerts, to the holiday party dinner, and plays bingo once in a while.

I'm glad your mom is enjoying all the activities we offer here! Thank you so much for leaving your positive feedback, and for noticing our amenities. If you or your mom ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Caring99278050 December 26, 2014

I went to American House. I had been there before, and I thought it was very organized. They had everything there that I would need for my mom; I was just convincing my mom. It was bright, cheery, and well-maintained. They had medical staff on hand 24/7, and doctors come in once a week. They had physical therapy, and they did have some that were separate bedroom apartments, but they didn’t have any available at the time.

They had good activities there for people who want to participate, and it was just a very nice place. The personnel I met were friendly and informative.

Thanks for leaving your feedback! It can sometimes be difficult convincing a loved one to move into a new home -- if you'd like some tips, I'd be glad to help! Feel free to call me personally or drop by my office anytime.

Priscilla5 October 17, 2014

American House Sterling Heights had a very nice atmosphere. Everybody was friendly and happy. The staff was really good in explaining everything. It really felt like they cared, and they were there for you. Even after my mom passed, they sent cards and still called. You don't find people like that. They really cared about the people they were working with, and it was nice to see that. They were amazing. It really felt like if something would happen; they would be right on it. They were all very nice people. It was community and not just a place. They had a lot of activities. If my mom had been there, she would have had the best of care.

I’m so very sorry about the loss of your mother, Priscilla. All of our thoughts are with you. Thank you so very much for thinking of us and leaving a review — it means more than you can realize. If you ever need anything, my door is always open.

Corliess May 21, 2014

The staff at American House was excellent. It was beautiful. I wished I could move in there. They were very nice. Sandy was very nice and took us on the tour. She was so sweet. She showed us the dining room. My father really liked her. She introduced him to some of the people there. There's no excuse for my father not to move in. They were very nice. They showed us furnished rooms and empty ones, and both of them were nice. They had a male group get-together and female group get-together. They had card playing and movie night. They went out to theaters and casinos. They even went to Hooter's one time. They did a lot of stuff. My father had two cars, and they were to give him two parking spaces for both of his vehicles. If I were of the age that I would have to go, that's where I would like to go. I would really enjoy being there.

I look forward to having your father move in our community and have fun with all the activities we offer – and I love hearing that you would also love to live here, too! There’s no better testament to living here as when family members can picture themselves here as well. If you should have any questions or just want to stop in and say hi, my door is always open! Or you can call me personally any time. Thanks for your feedback!

Sincerely, Anne Marie Folland, Executive Director 586-978-1060

Caring79383150 March 27, 2014

Mom stayed at American House for a couple of days. It was a nice facility. The rooms are clean, and the food was very good. However, the first day she was there, she fell and dislocated her hip. She was not able to able to push the button for help because of her dementia. I had impressed upon my sister when she brought Mom to have her evaluated, that they take the time with the medical people to make sure that she would be able to function at that level because I didn't feel she could. They didn't figure out that she wouldn't be able to push her button.

My sister was there on the 23rd of December in the afternoon after moving her in. She called me first thing the next morning and told me I needed to bring a wheelchair. They said she couldn't stand. They didn't say, "There's something wrong with her." It wasn't until Christmas night that they decided that she needed to go to the hospital. I was concerned because it took two days or so to figure out that she needed to go to the hospital when she dislocated her hip.

While I'm glad you like our community, I'm sorry that your mom had an injury. Our medical support group works with patients and their loved ones to provide the best medical care possible, based on all information on hand. If there's anything I can do, or any questions I can answer for you, please call me directly and I'd be happy to help.

Caring74239650 December 30, 2013

My dad is in an ALF now at American House Sterling Heights. I actually found it when I called the assisted living place my mom had been in before and they recommended this place. Their rooms are very spacious. Food is institutional but it is fine. The dining room is fine and pleasant, not too crowded. Regarding activities, I'm aware of them but my father doesn't participate in any of them. They have little field trips and nice entertainment every other week. They have a very good social director there and she works very hard to make things nice for people. It's a great place. We're very pleased with it. I absolutely recommend this place. There are other nicer facilities but the staff there really makes it excellent. They're very attentive. Also one of the reasons we chose this place was because they offer tray service for residents. We knew my father would refuse to go to the dining room, and for a charge, they will bring tray of food to the resident's room if somebody is not feeling well or refuses to go to the dining room. My dad refuses to go and he has never been to the dining room since he has been there. He is very antisocial.

I'm so proud of the staff here, and I'm happy you also appreciate their hard work! Thank you for recommending us. Our community is set up so our residents can do whatever they'd like to, so whether your dad wants to branch out on one of our social events or enjoy some peace and quiet in his own apartment, he can. We like to think of everyone as a big family, so please stop by or give me a call personally if you or your dad ever need anything.

Linda70708150 September 25, 2013

American House was a very clean and nice facility. They had apartments that had living area with one bedroom, a bathroom and a kitchenette. I liked it that the apartments were all in one level. The staff was very nice. They had activities and they go on trips. I would definitely recommend them to others.

Thanks so much for recommending us to others, Linda! We work hard to plan activities and trips that our residents will enjoy, so if you have any idea please feel free to let me know!

Susan27 March 20, 2013

My whole family is very pleased that we were able to get Mom into this facility 5 years ago event hough she didn't want to leave her condo and all her friends. But it didn't take long before even she was glad she was living there. The staff was wonderful, caring people, and really deeply care for the residents. They were specially caring when my mom fell and broke her femur last year. She is back on her feet again now with their help. We would recommend this facility to anyone!

We love hearing that our residents love living here, even if they were hesitant at first "” because we do really care about our residents and hope they feel that. Thank you so much for recommending our senior living community, Susan27! We really appreciate it. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to stop by my office.

Wimbush Family March 20, 2013

Very, Very friendly and Professional

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, Wimbush Family! We appreciate it. My door is always open, if you ever have any questions or concerns.

Gladys4 February 24, 2013

The facilities are well appointed and clean. The staff is very hands on. The medical team is probably the most caring. staff I have encountered. I feel very comfortable having my aunt at the Sterling I location.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback, Gladys4! We think we've got a great staff, and we're happy to hear you are pleased with our community. If you or your aunt should ever need anything, my door is always open.

Sincerely, Ann Marie Folland Executive Director 586) 978-1060

peaceofmind September 22, 2012

My mother is given very good care at American House. We know she can not live alone. They are there to take care of her and her needs 24 hours a day. It gives us great peace of mind knowing she is there.

Thanks so much for your review, peaceofmind! I am happy knowing that you are pleased with the care your mother is receiving and that you believe she is in good hands with us at our American House Sterling I. Thank you for leaving your feedback!

Sincerely, Ann Marie Folland, Executive Director, (586) 978-1060

caregiver12 September 19, 2012

Great environment! A lot of activities and residents are encouraged to participate.

Thanks, caregiver12! We definitely do our best to make sure we have tons of fun activities for our residents to participate in "” so thanks for noticing!

Sincerely, Ann Marie Folland, Executive Director, (586) 978-1060

Debora Mardin September 19, 2012

Ann Marie and Paula are great!! Nothing gets passed from both of these lovely ladies. My mom also has full-time care from the medical team. They care and comfort her when needed. Ann Marie runs a very tight ship and her residents are her #1 priority--

Wow, Debora, thank you for your kind words! Paula and I do work hard to make sure our residents are happy and have everything they need and we definitely appreciate that you took notice of this! Your mom is lovely and we're lucky to know her!

Thanks! Ann Marie Folland, Executive Director, (586) 978-1060

From American House Sterling Heights Senior Living

A beautiful small one floor community with all the comforts of home. Elegant decor, home cooked meals from our chef with waiter style dining, and all housekeeping and laundry services included are just a few of our great amenities. Attention to detail and more importantly a high level of attention to our residents.

Reimbursement

Private Pay

• Dining Room with Executive Chef
  • Ice Cream Parlor, "Senior Scoops"
  • Warm, Relaxing Lounges and Common Areas Featuring Big-Screen TV's and More
  • Pet Permitted

Resident Services

• Restaurant Style Dining Available for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
  • Housekeeping Services Available
  • Activity Director with a wide range of cultural, social, and recreational activities and trips
  • 24-hour staffing