Brookdale Staunton

1900 Hillsmere Lane, Staunton, VA, 24401

Reviews of Brookdale Staunton

Caring102285750 February 11, 2015

Brookdale was good. It seemed like everybody there was happy; they had some good things to say about it. The room that I looked at has a kitchenette and bathroom. I like the setup of the dining area; it was very nice, and the menu looked fine.

I thought it was very clean and new looking, even though it wasn’t. They were painting some areas, and they explained that. I didn’t meet many staff, but the woman that took me around was very friendly and nice. They had a lot of activities planned.

Elizabeth49 December 22, 2014

Emeritus at Staunton was a pretty place to be. It was well put together and well appointed. They were understaffed just like every other place. Somebody could die, and they wouldn't know it, but once they get to know the client, the staff will bend towards them. They'll be friendlier and more helpful. They call me right away if something happens. They have three meals a day, and when Brookdale took over, they actually gave them more than two choices of food for dinner, but they're still serving the same old stuff.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

lillie5 July 18, 2014

They were very nice and very helpful. We ate lunch with residents, not the staff, and the residents talked positively of the facility. Very down to earth and very personable. They actually talked to mg loved one, which was a first. Everyone else talked around them. Can't wait to get my loves one moved in. I know we will be happy with it. The carpets desperately need replaced upstairs, but still overall very pleased!

Joe36 June 16, 2014

Emeritus at Staunton is better than where I was before, food wise. We have a choice of menu, like we have two entrees for the main dishes. The staff is great. The room is very nice. They have pretty much everything you want for activities. However, one negative thing I have to say is that there is not enough shopping. We get out every Monday to Wal-Mart, but it is not enough.

Ken14 January 30, 2014

My father is at Emeritus at Staunton. I looked it on the internet and did a bunch of research. Me and my son went to check it out and we both thought it was a nice facility. The room size is nice. Dad says the food has been pretty good. The staff seemed to be extremely nice and I think this is what really drove me to choosing this place for dad. They seemed to be nice and caring. They address the residents by their names and I feel like they are treated as people instead of patients. Their dining room is very nice. It's set up like a restaurant.

izzy55 November 07, 2013

Would give zero start rating but have to put one, it's all about the money, not the care; food is horribly salty, no wonder everyone there is on blood pressure medicine; family members must be very proactive in advocating for their loved ones; wish I had looked elsewhere.

Penelope4 September 27, 2013

Very impressed with facility. Carpets need to be replaced. Employees were very friendly and helpful. Residents appear relaxed and happy. When my dad moves in, I will get more familiar with Emeritus because I will be visiting almost everyday. I will continue to be an advocate for my dad when he moves in next week.

Duane1 September 25, 2013

I like the location of Emeritus at Staunton and the way the place was laid out. I also like the way they treated us and the convenience that we can walk any place to get what we need and we don't need to have an automobile. The facility is also very clean.

Gloria14 August 01, 2013

Everything was fine and what made me not to choose them was only the high costs.

jStaunton April 04, 2012

Just recently placing my mother in a nursing home, I felt like my options were still open. I did get very informative information from the site, but have not had a chance to go to tour at this time. If I had to sum up my experience in one word it would be 'informative'.

From Brookdale Staunton

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Staunton