Greenfield of Stafford

30 Kings Crest Dr., Stafford, VA, 22554

Reviews of Greenfield of Stafford

EJ2 April 25, 2016

I visited Greenfield of Stafford for my aunt. It was very nice, but we just didn’t like the location just off Route 1, which is not a terribly busy highway but the environment was not as pretty once we got off the highway. Once you're inside, though, you wouldn’t even notice the highway since it was very nice inside. They had a library, crafts, and trips. It was a full-fledged facility that was small but nice. They had snacks and a coffee machine, so the residents can go and get their own if they want. The parking lot was convenient, and the facility was homey. The staff was lovely.

PL1 April 15, 2016

Greenfield of Stafford was very nice looking. I was satisfied for awhile, but there was a big transition, and then I was no longer happy with the help mom was getting. There were a lot of problems during Mom's last year there. I was no longer confident that she was getting the proper care. I really liked some of the staff, but some of them could not care less. During the cold weather, I went there several times and her heater was always off, so she sat in the dark feeling cold. I did not want to move her out of there at that point in her life, but I felt she was no longer safe. They had a lot of activities, and Mom loves playing bingo, but they never bothered to bring her there. She was just confined in her room. Over the seven years mom lived there, a lot of the good staff left.

Jerry115826350 December 01, 2015

I liked Greenfield. It overlooked Route 1, and I thought it was a pretty decent. The room seemed to be of the same size as the other place. It has a back area where the residents can do some gardening. They said they had activities, and they showed me some specific stuff. It was more expensive.

Caring110741550 July 15, 2015

My mom has been in Greenfield Assisted Living of Stafford since May. It provides everything my mother needs. The staff definitely cares for the people and they are genuine . Most of the rooms are shared rooms. They are similar to rehab centers where you have two occupants in a room, but they make it as homey as possible. My mom loves the food, and she actually gained weight.

They go out once in a while, and they have a schedule for a boat cruise coming up. They have indoor activities like church, exercise, gardening, and so forth. I like it there, and I like having my mom there. I will recommend them to others.

Caring107171750 June 01, 2015

Our experience with Greenford of Stafford is very good. They are taking excellent care of my mom. The physical therapy she is receiving is great. We see the improvement. She is socializing. She seems very happy. She has the care, the room and board, the physical therapist, and the medicine distribution. The room is very large. It can accommodate all her bedroom furniture quite comfortably and a table. Each room has its own heater/air-conditioner. The bathroom is very nice.

They have bible study. They do crafts. They play bingo, and they do some physical therapy as exercise. Occasionally, they go on little field trips. The staff is very friendly and very cooperative, and they always share information with me. It is great. However, I would like to see the bathroom updated to a walk-in shower. I think they do have plans for that, but I'd like to see it sooner than later.

Thank you so much for letting us know how pleased you are with our Greenfield family. We truly love what we do and enjoy coming to work each day to make a difference. Caring for others is so rewarding and an honor. We appreciate you for sharing your mom with us. We have been converting our tubs to showers,a few each month, over the last 4 months. Our crew will start again in approximately six weeks. Please come see me, so I can add you to the beginning of the list. Thanks again for sharing your happiness and confidence in our family. Sincerely, Linda Bishop Executive Director

Karen101191350 January 18, 2015

The facility that we ended up choosing for my mother is Greenfield of Stafford. It is affordable, but it is equally as upscale. The treatment, the facility itself, and the rooms are not hospital-like. They are very upscale. We are very satisfied with the place. The staff is very good. They are very responsive. My mother is in the memory care unit. I've gone there 11:00 p.m. as well as 3:00 p.m., and there is the same amount of care and people available. There are at least 25 people in that unit, and there are about 6 people that are on staff all night. The place is well lit. It is pleasant. They have music. My mom is not having any problem with the food and is enjoying her dinners there. What I like best about this place is the environment because I felt like I wasn't in a hospital. These people have a common area where they are all brought together. They have activities. They have a separate living room area where they have couches and comfortable seats and areas for wheelchair to watch a big screened TV. It is comfortable, cozy, and clean. As for the rooms, all of them have windows to the outside.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others who may have found themselves having to make these difficult decisions. I'm so proud of my family because I know they believe and live our mission to help those who cared for us to live and experience lots of love and quality care! If you ever have any questions or concerns, please never hesitate to call anytime 24/7 to my cell 540-288-9353 or come in to my office. It takes all of us communicating together and working as a team to make their lives Meaningful, happy, loved and cared for! Thanks again for taking the time to help others and for giving us the opportunity to get to know and love your loved one!

Robert100210950 December 28, 2014

Greenfield of Stafford was large, and they have a kitchenette in the rooms. The nursing staff really impressed me, and the lady seemed to be very knowledgeable and very attentive. You have to make your own arrangements, and it’s very expensive. I would recommend this place.

Caring0357 April 24, 2014

I also visited Greenfield Assisted Living of Stafford for my sister. This community has various levels of care. They had some folks who were independent, and then they had some who were in wheelchairs. The upper level is the Alzheimer's unit, and the lower level is for non-Alzheimer's patients. Their rooms were a nice size. They had a mixture of double rooms and single rooms. Back then, the one room that my mother had there was a bigger room, but it was also meant for a double, so my mother had the room to herself. The staff was friendly, and they took time with me. Even the kitchen help was friendly with their residents. The administrator came out and saw me. He remembered me for when my mother was there. Even at the end when my mom passed away, they were very supportive of us. They had church groups that came in every Sunday, they had bingo, they played Wii sports, and they did different holiday festivals. They had a garden center in the back where the residents planted flowers.

jusme08 September 13, 2012

This facility is one of a kind. The design and layout is easy for anyone to identify with even those who suffer with memory problems. It is layed out in a manner that benefits those who are more dependent while allowing more independence to the residents that feel they don't need the help. While the staff seemed friendly and polite, I felt there should have been more available. If something was to happen to a resident the efficency to get to them appears to be limited. They do have great activities that the residents can attend such as daily bingo after lunch, live music on Friday's, and helping with arts and crafts. When my grandmother moved on I still returned to see the residents I had come to cherish and many of them thought I was family that had come to visit them. It is great to see such a beautiful place taken care of and the residents so happy. They feel that they are just as independent as they were in they're younger days but they know if they need someone they are there.

From Greenfield of Stafford

At Greenfield of Stafford, we provide care for your loved ones and, at the same time, help them maintain their independence. Our beautiful, clean neighborhood-style assisted living community looks and feels like home, ensuring our residents' comfort while we provide the care they need.

For those seniors with Alzheimer's and other related memory care needs we provide a safe, secure, warm and stimulating environment.

Recognizing the specials needs of your loved ones, Greenfield provides an innovative approach to personalized care while preserving the dignity of each resident.

We have a 3 year license with VDSS and were voted the TOP RATED Assisted Living for 2013 chosen by families.

Features of Greenfield of Stafford

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Minimum memory care rate: $5,660/month

• Staff patient ratio: 9 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: case by case

• Licenses: VDSS