Charter Senior Living at St. Louis Hills

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Charter Senior Living at St. Louis Hills

December 22, 2014

By Lori33

My mom is at Provision Living. My mom is happy there. It keeps her busy. There are a lot of things to do. Plus, they do a lot of things for the holidays. My mom has only been there since June. They don't have apartments. The place is like a big hotel. The rooms are pretty nice. My mom's room is good enough for her as she doesn't need a whole lot of space. There is a room for her table to eat at, her bed, and a sitting area. They don't have a stove, but they do have a microwave. They have activities. They have bingo, movies, exercise, crafts, and outings. They also have church. Regarding the staff, some of them are pretty good, but some of the techs, one or two of them, I really don't care for. Overall though, they're really good. They do need to have a little bit better communication with the med tech, but other than that, I would say, overall, this facility is good.

August 28, 2014

By Caring91919250

My brother is at Provision Living at St. Louis Hills. He has been there since the end of May. In terms of accommodations, they don't call them rooms but they call them suites. Each has a bathroom, a sink, a microwave and a mini ref, which my brother can't use himself. He also has a bed there. It is like a hotel room. They are helpful. They're very friendly. They have a dining room downstairs. They have a meal plan. I didn't eat there, but you can make arrangements to eat with whoever is there. If you want to take a guest, they charge you for that. They have big elevators. They got floor to ceilings windows. It is air-conditioned. My brother loves the airconditioning there. He is generally happy with that place. They have a barber shop there and they don't even charge for that, it goes into their bill. Their cables and telephone are included, as well as all the utilities and all the meals. My brother likes the people there. They have activities like men's movies and then women's movies, etc. If they have nursing facility, it would be perfect.

February 28, 2014

I think the staff at Provision Living St. Louis were very helpful. The lady was very nice. It was a smaller facility and an older one, but it was well maintained. I was considering this place, but the rooms were too small for my mom and she has a king size bed so that would be a problem for us.

December 30, 2013

By James75668650

My dad is in Provision Living. It is a clean fine place with good staff and good food. They have been keeping up with things and keeping people cleaned up. I know they have some types of activities, but I don't know what exactly they are because my dad is not interested in any of that kind of stuff. I just go with the cleanliness and his room, which is a standard hotel room and how he is kept clean and that is done very well. I will recommend them to anybody.

December 28, 2013

My mom is a resident of Provision Living. We chose it because of its close proximity to me and my brother. The facility is very clean and the rooms are nice. It's also very affordable. The staff and living environment are great. They have exercise classes, games and other things of this nature. The quality of care is very good as well.

August 28, 2013

By Brian10

Provision Living is okay. It is nice; however, it isn't as nice as the one that my mom is at now. Because it was an old hotel converted to senior facility, they have big hotel rooms with nice big picture windows. Because it is an assisted living facility, it has to meet certain state regulations in order to have that title thus it costs more.

Thanks so much for visiting Provision Living at St. Louis Hills. We are happy that you like the place your Mom is living. Since you mentioned the building's origin as a hotel, we thought it would be good to note a few significant changes that took place during our complete renovation of the building:

• We added a third, larger elevator to make it easier to move people and furnishings in
  • A brand new sprinkler system was installed for the entire building, with additional fire safety features like lounges at both ends of each floor that are behind fire-rated doors
  • We replaced all of the windows in the building with high-efficiency glass
  • We renovated every apartment to include a kitchenette and individually controlled heating and cooling units
  • All common spaces, like the dining room, beauty parlor, activity rooms and chapel have been completely renovated and re-furnished

You are correct that providing services and a building that complies with state regulations for an Assisted Living community does have an impact on cost. What's important to note, however, is that Provision Living at St. Louis Hills is one of the least expensive private-pay Assisted Living communities in the area, when you compare all of the included services and the average monthly bill. We strongly encourage anyone to look at several options before choosing the community that is the right fit for them and for their budget.

October 24, 2012

By Amanda 1

Provision Living have both residential care and assisted living. It was a very nice, attractive, and pleasant place. The administrator spent an hour with me. It would be almost a kind of assisted living I will choose for my place. It would be in the category I would choose. But the disadvantage is it's a very costly place.

May 03, 2012

By nelsondot

The first thing that I noticed when I entered the building was the cleanliness of the facility. I noticed the happy smiles on the residents faces. There was always a friendly staff member standing or sitting at the front desks who politely greets all of the visitors. The dining room is on the main entrance and it is huge. The dining staff are professionally dressed and the dining area looks like a five start restaurant. The dining area is very elegant and it makes meal time appear very appealing. There is always a nurse or doctor on staff who can assist the residents with any healthcare issues. The apartments are nice and the residents can choose their own style. My friend lived in a spacious studio apartment. She did not need a full kitchen because she partook of her meals in the dining area. Sometimes we would bring her her meals and eat with her in her apartment. The facility offers a shuttle bus that takes the residents to doctors appointments, outings, etc.

Photos of Charter Senior Living at St. Louis Hills

• Vegetarian

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 10

• Licenses: ALF II

About Charter Senior Living at St. Louis Hills

Charter Senior Living at St. Louis Hills is an assisted living facility in St. Louis, MO that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Charter Senior Living at St. Louis Hills for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Charter Senior Living at St. Louis Hills