Greenspring

7410 Spring Village Drive, Springfield, VA, 22150

Reviews of Greenspring

Caring96398650 October 25, 2014

We are in Greenspring, and we are very happy here. We have an apartment with a big living area, two large bedrooms, and a kitchen. We have never found anybody who is unpleasant and it is by far the best of its type in the Springfield, Virginia area. They serve three meals a day, and one is included in your rent, so we take dinner in the dining room, but we cooked our breakfast and lunch. The food is institutional food, and it is a very good, very varied menu; there are four major dining halls with three or four other eating facilities on the campus, and we are roughly 2000 residents here. There are 24 buildings on campus, and you have to be 62 years old to get in here. They have bridge clubs, quilting clubs, exercises, and they have one fitness center with all kinds of exercise machines, they have a post office, convenient stores, a pharmacy, and a medical center. They have a number of doctors on campus who served almost any kind of ailment you can think of. Plus, it is not expensive.

Caring94132750 September 12, 2014

I was not impressed with Greenspring at all. The staff was rude. When I went there, I had an appointment, but they lost my appointment. I had a gentleman look at me and say, "Normally I'm not here on Saturday, but I'll make an exception, but we will have to do this quickly." That right there is a red flag for me because you're supposed to be telling me how great you are, but you're just showing me that you don't care about anything. I wasn't impressed with a place that expects you to pay out a big deposit and then your monthly fee, and then this man is acting like this? I saw people sitting in wheelchairs, and they weren't being taken care of. I got to see one of the rooms that were up for rent, which is an efficiency, it was okay, but I just wasn't pleased with the staff. I was kind of disappointed. For as much money as you're putting into this place, I wasn't impressed at all. I didn't see any activities. When you come in, it is almost set up like a hospital. I went down to one room, and people were just in there sitting, nobody was really doing anything, nobody was interacting. It just reminded me of a very glorified nursing home. I was looking at the assisted, which also had skilled there. I wasn't allowed to see the skilled area because they didn't have my appointment. To me, that's like telling me, if I can't go into a room except when you know I'm coming, there is something up. I was rushed in and out like a yo-yo.

From Greenspring

Northern Virginia assisted living at Renaissance Gardens is located on the campus of Greenspring. Here, you or your loved one will enjoy the comfort of a private apartment, plus chef-prepared meals made fresh each day.

If you're in generally good health, but could use some extra assistance with tasks like medication management and food preparation, our Northern Virginia assisted living program may be right for you.

All residents are encouraged to pursue their interests in the larger Greenspring community and the surrounding area. Our caregivers become like members of the family, offering support and building lasting friendships. At our Northern Virginia assisted living community, you can retain your independence while receiving the care you need.

Location of Greenspring