Lakewood

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Lakewood

October 25, 2012

By Cindy8

A house is just a house, until it's filled with love. The staff at Lakewood are like family, and every time I'm there I see the love and respect for my parents as well as all the other residents. Mom & Dad both love their new home, and therefore so do I. We are so lucky to have found this place!

May 11, 2012

By AppelDar

My daughters and I checked several Alzheimer's Assisted Living places at the recommendation of my husband's doctor. He recommended doing it now before it became necessary. He said we would know which one was the right one when we stepped inside. We visited the top 3 that we preferred (location & would eventually accept Medicaid when the time came). Lakewood Arbors was our second stop and we knew it was the right place. They gave us a tour, talked to us, and then told us about a respite "Daylight" program they offered. This was a good option we thought for when I go on a vacation with my daughter in a few weeks. He could even stay there at night, if they had the room. About 2 weeks later it became apparent we were in need of the Daylight program so I could continue working. They are so compassionate and courteous. Jim sometimes gets weepy and misses me, and they are so compassionate and take the time to sit with him in a quiet place and explain to him where I am and that I'll be there soon. One day when he was having a very hard day and crying, the Recreation Director took him out to the patio and talked and prayed with him. I knew then this was the right place for him. They are not going to be able to keep him 24 hours at a time while I'm gone on vacation, but he's able to stay there all day, and I've arranged for a home health care agency to stay with him at night. Having him at the Arbors he's around other people and I'm assured he's getting a good meal and social time, and maybe even a little exercise. The nurses and staff greet us by name each morning we come in and the head cook always says"Hey buddy, what are you hungry for today for breakfast?" I feel so much more comfortable leaving him and going to work.

November 22, 2011

By Pat1

The Arbors is a locked Alzheimers Facility opened in March of 2011. Their ratio of staff to residents is higher than required by the State of Missouri. The staff is very caring, patient, understanding, and supportive. My mother has been there since June of 2011 after we took out of another Alzheimer facility in Illinois that was not caring for her as we had hoped.

Photos of Lakewood

Features of Lakewood

• Minimum Memory Cost: $5130/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Housing Extra: Suites Kitchenette, Living Area And Separate Bedroom And Bathroom.

• Activities Extra: Trivia, Brain Stimulation Games, Reminiscing, Manicures, Happy Hours, Etc.

• Kosher

About Lakewood

To us at Lakewood - assisted living by Americare in Springfield, Missouri, assisted living means two things: you do the living and we help you live. Our personal assistants provide what you need when you need it. Here, the emphasis is less on paperwork and more on people. Our licensed nurse and certified medication aides get to know our residents like family, with all of their unique needs and preferences. It's like home.

Dining is a focal point of our residents' day at Lakewood - assisted living by Americare. It starts with an open breakfast with eggs just the way you like them. We accommodate our early risers ready for toast and coffee as well as those who can't start the day without a big hot breakfast. Comfort foods, foods familiar and favorite, are part of our menu.

Our admission counseling services are comprehensive. Our administrator helps guide the family through all of the care options available to them as well as through the maze of paperwork involved with accessing our public long term care benefits. Making it easy on the family is our first priority at Lakewood - assisted living by Americare.

At The Arbors at Lakewood in Springfield, MO living with Alzheimer's becomes less of a challenge for you and your loved one. We combine the intimacy of assisted living with specialized care for dementia. The size of the Arbors promotes a comforting, calming environment. With no more than 15 rooms, the Arbors co-exists with a sister assisted living facility, yet remains separate. Care is provided in a building specifically designed with the care of the Alzheimer's resident in mind. We consider each resident's own strengths and weaknesses to weave a seamless cloth of individualized care. We also incorporate the latest approaches to this challenging disease into the daily routines and activities of all our residents. It's difficult to even search for proper care while tending to someone with Alzheimer's. Each day presents new challenges to patients and their caregivers. At the Arbors we offer a shelter of care and advice for the entire family.

Map of Lakewood