Forest Oaks of Spring Hill

8055 Forest Oaks Blvd, Spring Hill, FL, 34606

Reviews of Forest Oaks of Spring Hill

Laughing June 16, 2016

I visited this facility a couple of days ago why did to her was wonderful the lady pushed me in my wheelchair from Wing to Wing one of them that we went down was very clean had no smells and I encountered a housekeeper but on a different circumstance I was telling the lady that to hurt me that my wife and I like to go out and do things and get out and this person I believe her name was Amanda walks up and just said I'll take you and I started laughing and so did she all and all I was very happy with the choice especially should be able to laugh when you have such a tough decision to make Amanda was very friendly she was kind and pleasant her Wing was clean the rooms were clean and I told her she's doing a great job she laughed and told me I don't make my head so big once again I laugh is definitely a place that I would come back to just the friendliness of one person can make such a difference in the way someone thinks if I had a chance to I would tell bad housekeeper that because of her when I left I knew that no matter where I chose to go it would be the right decision just hopefully there's more people out there like her please tell Amanda that I appreciate her making a difficult and hard decision so easy for an old man and for that I thank her I also think the lady who took me on a tour she knew so much the kitchen was wonderful overall the whole facility was great

Sharon119147550 January 30, 2016

I visited Forest Oaks for my sister-in-law because they have a memory section. We liked it. It was very nice. The people were very nice. The facility was clean. All the residents we saw seemed to be enjoying their stay there. It seemed as if they were all very happy. Everything was very nice. They weren't expecting me, but I got full-service immediately. They had people ready, and waiting for anybody coming in to see the facility. They were very accommodating to any, and all of our questions. We saw the rooms that were in the memory care unit. They had some singles, and some doubles. The kitchen staff was appropriately dressed with hairnets, gloves, and outfits; so the kitchen was very clean. I found it to be better than I had thought because they even had men wearing hairnets if they had facial hair. Also, the place had groups that would come in to entertain the people with music, and dancing; I liked that a lot.

Hapy January 10, 2016

The house keeping staff is great, from cleaning to caring, they all do a great job one is Amanda she is very patient and caring go's above and beyond for my mom and others in very pleased to say that this place is home thanks to the great staff ,

Mr X. November 30, 2015

I visited Forest Oaks, and the staff seemed good. Their dining area was very nice, and the apartments were large, spacious, and very accommodating. They had in-house games, bingo, and other activities for seniors.

Debor August 02, 2015

I have a friend in this place. I hate to say this, but I wouldn't leave my dog in their care! The main reason this place is ROTTEN is because THEY DON'T feed the residents who can't feed themselves. The aides tell me "we're not allowed to feed the residents." Well, one day the state came around and I complained to him that the residents weren't being fed and he told me that they ARE ALLOWED to feed the residents who need help. This place makes me sick to my stomach!

Carol109341450 June 22, 2015

Forest Oaks of Spring Hill best suits my husband's needs. I think the staff is excellent. He has a private room, and I was able to bring in things that are personal. They have bingo, exercise classes, and card games. There are a lot of things going on all the time. The food is great.

Lynn45 April 22, 2015

Forest Oaks of Spring Hill was a very nice facility and was beautifully appointed. The staff seemed very friendly. The residents seemed happy -- moving around and socializing and not just sitting around. The rooms were nice, but they were more expensive.

LEB1 March 23, 2015

THEY TAKE GOOD CARE OF THE RESIDENTS &, FOOD IS GOOD.

Caring101641150 February 17, 2015

She is in Forest Oaks at Spring Hills assisted living. It has been very good so far. It is as good as it can be as far as making a decision like that. She seems happy. She is in a private room that is very nice. Their people there are very friendly. It seems she hasn't had any trouble with anybody not being kind or not being nice. So far we are very happy with it. Everything is expensive no matter where you go, but we found this is a little in the middle of the road. It is not the most expensive and not the least expensive. So we are happy right now. The food is alright. They have to make it kind of bland for certain people. It is not very spicy or salty. It is not excellent according to her taste, but it is OK. The activities are good because they offer a lot of things. Sorry to say that she does not want to participate in a lot, but they have something going on every single day, so she has the opportunity to do whatever she wants. It is good for everything that we were expecting in looking out for mom and meeting her needs. We looked in a few for my mom, and this is the best if you need attention and not just independent living. I'd say this is the best that we found for the money we had.

dale43 January 22, 2015

I have to say I took a tour of this facility and it was great beautiful inside and out the staff was kind and very upbeat a great place for my mother to be . I did see a lot of things there that were difficult to explain, however the wing they took me down was very clean and well kept as we countinue on I encounter. A housekeeper her name was Amanda she gave me her elbow because she was cleaning she is very upbeat and friendly kinda funny how she was the only one to introduce herself to us she joked about my handshake as I'm very firm all in all I will return when you see a employee like her go out if her way to make you smile it let's you know that your doing the right thing

anonymous100325750 January 19, 2015

I chose Forest Oaks for my mother because it is very close to my home, the accommodations were very nice, and the price is fairly good. She likes most of the food they prepare. They have bingo, exercises, trivia sessions, and entertainment. The staff is very good and very kind with her. I am pleased with them.

Caring96604350 November 11, 2014

Forest Oaks is in my neighborhood. It is just very pleasant. The lady who take me in a little tour is extremely helpful and informative. At that time, they were doing activities in the main room, and everyone seemed to be happy. My only thing is that it kind of have a dark aura to it, and it did seems bright and cheerful, but I understand that they are doing some renovation again soon. That is my only down side to it. My mother will not like that because of the look of it. The rooms are kind of small and I think the whole thing needs some renovation to make it more enticing to look at. It looks secure.

Caring95116750 October 16, 2014

Forest Oaks was a nice facility; the assisted living was nice, and it was a smaller facility I guess, but they weren’t quite as helpful because when I wanted to see their memory care, they didn’t really want to show it to me, but I insisted, and I would say I didn’t like that one at all for the memory care. There was stuff in the hallways that shouldn’t have been there. The people were talking to each other, the caregivers were talking to each other, and they weren’t taking care of the patient so that kind of bothered me. Their dining room seemed nice too, and I didn’t get to talk to any of the people there, but there were a couple that seemed to be happy, the ones in the assisted living seemed to be happy, and they said the food is good. The assisted living part was nice but I was a little disturbed by the memory care part.

Caring89470350 August 01, 2014

Forest Oaks is nice and they do a lot for the people. There's always something going on every day. Their Alzheimer's unit is nice and clean and it didn't smell or anything. The rooms were very clean, but she would have to be with a roommate. She would not like that because she doesn't trust people. The people who work there are very nice. Every morning the residents played Bingo. They also had an entertainer come in; they danced; and they did exercises in the exercise room.

Peggy30 May 30, 2014

Forest Oaks of Spring Hill is a nice place. The people were out and about, and you kind of take care of your own room. The residents all seemed happy. The rooms were nice and clean. I like the general atmosphere of the facility.

John80882250 April 22, 2014

Forest Oaks is a very nice place. I like it, but I believe they don't pay Medicaid. The rooms seemed very nice. It's also clean; it has never smelled. The patients all look good. The staff seem professional and very good. I had lunch there; it was very good, homemade. The dining room was well set up.

Florence6 January 18, 2014

My son had stayed at Forest Oaks. We chose it for him because we saw that they had the most activities. The place was beautiful and it was convenient because my daughter used to live close by. The staff was wonderful. He was in a shared room and the place was fantastic. I could not say anything bad about them. I had eaten there and the food was delicious. They had activities. He was happy and satisfied there. The only reason why we took him out of there was because my daughter moved to the area where I am living. I would highly recommend them to others.

Disappointed100% October 30, 2013

The worst ,most unprofessional facility we have experienced. If you have concern in the slightest about the care of your loved one- run. No knowledge about the elderly and memory care. Administration is a farce. Clueless about residents once they are admitted and the payments are being debited from your account. Dragging their feet on applicable reimbursement payments 2 months later.

Marie22 September 12, 2013

Forest Oaks is a very good facility. It is more private and it is all ground floor. I like best its homey type effect. It is a little older facility but it is nice and quaint, not fancy-fancy. The rooms are a little smaller though. However, the caretakers are wonderful and the food is excellent. Overall, I found this facility up to par.

Mary64782050 June 30, 2013

We visited Forest Oaks and I did not like their meal schedule although the residents seemed to be happy enough. The rooms were not spacious.

Carol34 June 13, 2013

I visited Forest Oaks for my mom and it was actually a clean and well-kept facility. The dining room was also clean. I just don't like it there because the people there seemed snobby.

caring6203 June 28, 2012

I would recommend the place. I was very pleased with them .They were very helpful with me. The staff treated me alright. They were very good and very informative. I like the facility. It was very clean and very nicely decorated. They just treat everybody quite well there. I'm pretty much satisfied with what we have seen. They also invited me to sample their food and it was quite good. The rooms there were very very nice and very comfortable and you should not have any problems there. It has a very cheerful environment and the residents there seemed to be very happy. I'm sure dad will be happy there!

robisonfire April 25, 2012

The facilites resembled a hospital which for some residents I'm sure they did not enjoy living in a hospital. Its possible to decorate a facility to look like a home or atleast a hotel. I believe this gives the patients a much better outlook on life. The amenities where besically a single game room where community games were played like bingo and other stuff. The main problem I had with this is this is also where the residents ate all their meals. It would have been nice to have different rooms like a cafeteria and a game room. The staff is a mixed bag. Its obvious you could tell some employees there really did care about your family members health and some didnt care as long as they were getting a steady paycheck. Overall I would say its an average assisted living facility, on a good day.

tampabayCNA January 19, 2012

Forest Oaks of Spring Hill is a delighting large scale Assisted Living Community. This ALF is apartment style single or double occupancy rooms. The dinning area is absolutely beautiful and large in scale. You almost feel as if you are in a restaurant. There is staff throughout the building, it appears as is there is two staff members per segment. The staff is reasonably helpful. I myself encountered a very helpful staff member and then I encountered a not so helpful team member. The residents here seemed very active and engaged in the activities being offered. The landscape was well manicured and there was plenty of parking but it was hard to find an open spot.

WormanHibo June 23, 2011

I was not very pleasedd with this particular assisted living facility. Though my family and I did visit several, this one was the nicest for the cost. We are not a wealthy family, but we did want the best for our grandmother. My grandmother lived with us for several years and slowly started to lose mind/memory and her health rapidly declined. Forest oaks is a very small facility. She shared a small room with another woman. My grandmother was there for just a few weeks when we noticed she was not doing right. She was never diagnosed with any terminal illness, the health conditions she had were just with "age". The weightloss was the first thing we noticed. The staff did not communicate with the family and tell us she was not eating well until my grandmother looked like a skeleton. All she did was sleep all day. About 3 weeks into her stay at forest oaks, we got a call around 2 a.m. that our grandmother passed away. No explanation as to why. no one noticed anything the day before or before bedtime. After we spoke to the staff, they reported that my grandmother just screamed and hallucinated before falling onto floor from bed and dying. The woman that stayed in the room with our grandmother was more informative than the staff, she explained what had happened and how my grandmother had not been eating or getting out of bed. When we visited every 2 days, my grandmother would act like there was not a problem. So my expectations were the best considering the lack of communication and care. I hated that my grandmother had to go the way she did....

From Forest Oaks of Spring Hill

Forest Oaks of Spring Hill is a senior living community located in Spring Hill, Florida. The Spring Hill area is part of the state's Nature Coast, known for its gorgeous natural landscapes and outdoor activities. The Forest Oaks community is conveniently located within the heart of this city on a quiet five acres and offers assisted living and memory care services. We offer three chef-prepared meals daily, a full calendar of engaging activities, a beautician on-site and weekly housekeeping and linens. Staff members are available 24 hours a day to extend medication management services and assistance with other daily tasks. Whether you want to sit out front and catch up with a friend, take our scheduled transportation to appointments, or join our dancers for a luau, there's always something for you to do at Forest Oaks.

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy.

Features of Forest Oaks of Spring Hill